Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Jaafa wrote: »
    Yeah the concern now is if he has to keep up this level of effort without the rest of the team stepping up he could easily burn himself out by Christmas.

When I watched him for Barca at Nou Camp last season it was second last game of the season and he was still like a terrier so I wouldnt be too worried

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

gosplan wrote: »
    To be honest I don't think he has another way to play.

Is he constantly hyper-oxygenated because he's from Chile or something?

Just looked at his wiki there, 3 things about Sanchez I didn't know.

He's actually from the Chilean coast as opposed to the mountains.

His youth team was in the Atacama desert. Really high and dry.

His full family name is 'Sanchez Sanchez'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,117 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

One thing I liked about Sanchez in the last few games, is that he is the first real player since Henry, that when he gets the ball out wide, or 40 yards out, you just get the feeling that it could result in a goal. Every other player you know depending on their position on the field, you know he is going to lay it off, or he will brng it down the wing and cross etc, but with Sanchez, he just has a hunger to make or score goals, that we haven't seen since Henry.

Don't try misquote me that I think he is as good as Henry, or the next Henry, he'd have a lot to prove before ever making that level, but he does have a lot of the same attributes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭yipeeeee

Quazzie wrote: »
    One thing I liked about Sanchez in the last few games, is that he is the first real player since Henry, that when he gets the ball out wide, or 40 yards out, you just get the feeling that it could result in a goal. Every other player you know depending on their position on the field, you know he is going to lay it off, or he will brng it down the wing and cross etc, but with Sanchez, he just has a hunger to make or score goals, that we haven't seen since Henry.

Don't try misquote me that I think he is as good as Henry, or the next Henry, he'd have a lot to prove before ever making that level, but he does have a lot of the same attributes.

Hopefully he doesn't learn the arsenal way of waiting a lifetime to shoot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

yipeeeee wrote: »
    Hopefully he doesn't learn the arsenal way of waiting a lifetime to shoot.

Pointless negative comment alert

• Advertisement

greendom wrote: »
    Pointless negative comment alert

It was just a joke, chill man.

yipeeeee wrote: »
    It was just a joke, chill man.

I'm pretty simple. You should use the joke font. There was no other way of knowing

I'm pretty simple. You should use the joke font. There was no other way of knowing

Noted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

......Shez......
    chambo........Gibbs
    .....Kos..Mert
    .......Flam/Arteta.....
    ...Ramsey...Özil...
    ...............Sanchez....
    ....Walcott
    ....Giroud...

My preferred XI atm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Debuchy is better than Chambers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭omega man

efb wrote: »
    ......Shez......
    chambo........Gibbs
    .....Kos..Mert
    .......Flam/Arteta.....
    ...Ramsey...Özil...
    ...............Sanchez....
    ....Walcott
    ....Giroud...

My preferred XI atm

Not sure Girouds game complements Sanchez and if we're in the mix title wise when he's back I'd rather he's on the bench. Welbeck has the same work ethic as Sanchez, which I like. Options will be good either way.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,409 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Oh yeah chambers, I was wondering why the hell did he have the ox at RB :o

omega man wrote: »
    Not sure Girouds game complements Sanchez and if we're in the mix title wise when he's back I'd rather he's on the bench. Welbeck has the same work ethic as Sanchez, which I like. Options will be good either way.

hmm not sure there's much wrong with Giroud's work ethic to be honest Sanchez and him could be an excellent combination. Good to have these issues anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Both united and pool losing, good week for our for our top 4 aspirations.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Oranage2 wrote: »
    Both united and pool losing, good week for our for our top 4 aspirations.

Can't complain!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

If Ozil had been playing the way Di Maria has been, the media would be all over him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Spurs :P

omega man wrote: »

Giroud bustwd his balls up there on his own

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,662 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

B1c0nqRIMAEuGjy.jpg

Saw this on Twitter, reminded me that while we haven't exactly set the world alight this season, things could always be worse. The only player out of that list that would get into our team would be Sturridge.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

So much dross.

• Advertisement

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    Spurs :P

Interesting story. When Keith Burkinshaw left Spurs back in 1984 he was apparently quoted as saying

"There used be a football club there one time"

Aside from Terry Venables FA cup win in 1991, Its almost like the priest putting a curse on Mayo back in 1951 :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

Everyone knows I hate podolski as a CF

But part of me thinks it could work woth Sanchez behind him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,727 ✭✭✭✭Godge

B1c0nqRIMAEuGjy.jpg

Saw this on Twitter, reminded me that while we haven't exactly set the world alight this season, things could always be worse. The only player out of that list that would get into our team would be Sturridge.

Sturridge or Welbeck or Giroud is a question that doesn't necessarily have the answer Sturridge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,748 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Godge wrote: »
    Sturridge or Welbeck or Giroud is a question that doesn't necessarily have the answer Sturridge.

Sturridge is a million miles better than Giroud or Welbeck.

PL goals for Arsenal:
    Giroud 28 in 72
    Welbeck 2 in 7

PL goals for Liverpool:
    Sturridge 32 in 46

Everyone knows I hate podolski as a CF

But part of me thinks it could work woth Sanchez behind him

Part of me thinks I'd work pretty well with Sanchez behind me.

Part of me thinks I'd work pretty well with Sanchez behind me.

999.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,727 ✭✭✭✭Godge

AdamD wrote: »

PL goals for Arsenal:
    Giroud 28 in 72
    Welbeck 2 in 7

PL goals for Liverpool:
    Sturridge 32 in 46

Sturridge only played in the Premier League last season so comparing just on PL is not most relevant. He also had Suarez playing alongside him in a team that just tried to outscore everyone else.

I am not convinced that he would start ahead of our strikers.

PL goals for Arsenal:
    Giroud 28 in 72
    Welbeck 2 in 7

PL goals for Liverpool:
    Sturridge 32 in 46

Sure

I'd have Sturridge over Giroud and Welbeck in a heart beat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Strike force of Walcott Sturridge Sanchez with Ozil behind is too good to think about!

Yeah defo have Sturridge over our two any day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    I'd have Sturridge over Giroud and Welbeck in a heart beat.

Same here but I do think Welbeck can become our Sturridge.

Shall I chance it again ? Feel free to criticize....

Sanchez 10 (7)
    Welbeck 5 (2)
    Ramsey 3 (2)
    Giroud 2 (1)
    Gibbs 1 (0)
    Koscielny 1 (1)
    Ox 1(1)
    Podolski 1(0)
    Wishere 1(1)
    Ozil 1(1)
    Cazorla 1 (0)
    Chambers 1 (1)

Charity Shield Goals included

Sturridge is undoubtedly a good striker. Be interesting to see how well he performs without Suarez to distract defences and provide him with more freedom

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,416 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Shall I chance it again ? Feel free to criticize....

Sanchez 10 (7)
    Welbeck 5 (2)
    Ramsey 3 (2)
    Giroud 2 (1)
    Gibbs 1 (0)
    Koscielny 1 (1)
    Ox 1(1)
    Podolski 1(0)
    Wishere 1(1)
    Ozil 1(1)
    Cazorla 1 (0)
    Chambers 1 (1)

Charity Shield Goals included

Nothing from Owen yet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,662 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Nothing from Owen yet?

I think he popped up with the third in the Villa game iirc?

Nothing from Owen yet?

Were playing QPR on Boxing Day Dunne will surely sort that out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭farna_boy

PL goals for Arsenal:
    Giroud 28 in 72
    Welbeck 2 in 7

PL goals for Liverpool:
    Sturridge 32 in 46

How many goals has Sanchez got thanks to the midfield this year because nearly every goal I remember he seems to have created himself from nothing. Giroud was heavily criticised last year because it was his fault that some of the midfield weren't playing properly and they needed a better striker in front of them. We now have that striker and yet this magical midfield have disappeared.

It's also worth noting that at this time last year Giroud had 5 goals and 4 assists, compared to Sanchez's 7 goals and 2 assists.

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Pudders

Not sure if it was picked up on the tv but when Theo was warming up the crowd were singing Theo Theo whats the score. Theo initially refused to acknowledge it but eventually gave the 2-0 sign hidden behind his back!!

Legend!

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Pudders

And Sanchez is just absolutely immense.

• Advertisement

Sanchez Arsenal tomberait...

headline from L'Equipe.. A play on words as Sans Chaise translates in French as without a chair (without a chair Arsenal would fall down)

http://www.lequipe.fr/Football/Article/Sanchez-arsenal-tomberait/31925

Hopefully his team mates won't continue to rely on him but rise to his level

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Media can hype it up all they want start implying were a one man team again I don't care.

One it's great to have a star player again a player who is leading by example all the best teams have one, a player who rises a level above the rest no matter how good they are.

Second all the big teams have a star player, would Real or Barca be the same without Messi or Ronaldo, are Liverpool the same without Suarez did Van Persies goals win United the league did Zidane drag France to a World Cup victory.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Media can hype it up all they want start implying were a one man team again I don't care.

I'd rather we were a 1 man team than an 11 man joke!

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭artvandelay48

Quazzie wrote: »

The thing I like about Sans Chaise is the fear noticeable in the defenders when he got the ball. Now, obviously it was just Burnley but if he keeps getting a reputation as someone that needs careful minding, it'll start opening spaces for the others.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

anyone got the highlights to the game on saturday? missed it.

did we play crap again?

Saw the game, we played good enough, but if it werent for Sanchez I feel it could easily have ended 0-0. He was the spark that got us going with his leap and from then on we were well on top.
    We averaged around 60-70% possession the whole game I reckon

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭Nemeses2050

anyone got the highlights to the game on saturday? missed it.

did we play crap again?

Highlights are on Arsenal.com, all you've to do is create a free ID.

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/20141030/highlights-arsenal-v-burnley

We played well except scoring until the 70th minute, but after 1st goal we could've scored may be 6-7.

Same here but I do think Welbeck can become our Sturridge.

Welbeck needs to be braver especially in the air. I watched him being beaten in the air by a smaller man on Sat when he had a good chance whereas Sanchez had the desire and ability to score a header against a much bigger opponent.
    That's what sets players apart, bravery and desire.

Welbeck needs to be braver especially in the air. I watched him being beaten in the air by a smaller man on Sat when he had a good chance whereas Sanchez had the desire and ability to score a header against a much bigger opponent.
    That's what sets players apart, bravery and desire.

There's also the matter of being a bit better though. Sanchez got a run on the guy and jumped higher because of it.

There's also the matter of being a bit better though. Sanchez got a run on the guy and jumped higher because of it.

Welbeck was favourite to beat his man at the back post too but he didn't. I think he will improve but needs to be braver and have more confidence in his own ability.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement