Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Quazzie wrote: »
    You certainly looked like you rated him here

squad player!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,423 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

That was not even close to a full Anderlecht team tonight.
    Any of us could have picked a team to go out and beat them.
    It's not the team, it's the tactics and application.
    That team tonight was not even fit.
    Much of out trouble is coming from going too easy on the training ground.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,117 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Raf32 wrote: »
    squad player!

:rolleyes:

Looper007 wrote: »
    Nothing Szc could do, I still rate him. everything else I agree with you with.

Dont like seeing Goalies beat at near post.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Szc in goal, Mert and Monreal at centre back and Arteta/Flamini in DM, thats genuinely bottom ten standard

Sczez is one of the best keepers around to say otherwise is nonsense.

• Advertisement

:rolleyes:

Genuinely, good squad player for his leadership.

Sczez is one of the best keepers around to say otherwise is nonsense.

Only Arsenal fans would say that imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,748 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Sczezsney did nothing wrong...

Merse calling us tactically clueless. The man talks sense. Wenger has to take the blame for this one. He doesn't know how to change a game because he only ever has a plan A

I know yea it's not like he won the golden glove last season oh wait.........

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

Soups123 wrote: »
    Really nothing Wenger can do? Against Anderlecht? If he games the game elsewhere we put them on the back foot

He also made the decision to rely on an average left back as CB cover

Nah I get what your saying, I just mean that Mertesacker wasn't good enough individually for that one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

Raf you are a good lad but that's a silly comment, he's top 5 in the league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Merse just called it. Tactically clueless.

AND lads said we didn't need Fabregas :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

I know yea it's not like he won the golden globe last season oh wait.........

Must have missed that film :)

Surely it was a horror or a comedy role

It's scary but we all know that!

I know yea it's not like he won the golden glove last season oh wait.........

Thats on the basis of his defense. I feel kos and sagna merited the award more.

Any fan can stand by that, its crazy that he didn't make a top class centre back and defensive midfielder signings his main agenda during the summer. He's so damn stubborn he blame the ref for it wait and see.

Its an opinion which Im sure many non arsenal biased fans would share. No way is he top 5, top ten is more realistic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭yipeeeee

Really thought those days of thrown huge leads were gone.

What has happened to Ramsey.

• Advertisement

I like him and think he 'll get better but all of

Courtois, Cech, DeGae, Hart, Lloris (maybe Begovic) are all better at this point

AND lads said we didn't need Fabregas :pac:

So Fabregas would have changed the result? Give over

We could have the best 11 in the world and still lost our problem is more tactics than anything else.

LLoris is a horrid goal keeper, good shot stopper but his decision making is awful, he'd fit in perfectly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

James Nesbitt is looking for Arsenal's defence on BBC1 now...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Its an opinion which Im sure many non arsenal biased fans would share. No way is he top 5, top ten is more realistic.

Courtois
    Cech
    De Gea
    Lloris

Go on, name a better one other than those. You're being very hyperbolic.

Ridiculous result though....

AdamD wrote: »
    LLoris is a horrid goal keeper, good shot stopper but his decision making is awful, he'd fit in perfectly.

Really I think he is excellent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭yipeeeee

Thats on the basis of his defense. I feel kos and sagna merited the award more.

I'm telling ya, sagna leaving will hurt us bad, he really was a class defender for us.

Courtois, Cech, DeGae, Hart, Lloris (maybe Begovic) are all better at this point

Hart is the most overrated keeper around, he's prone to big mistakes too and Scz is better then Begovic

So Fabregas would have changed the result? Give over

We could have the best 11 in the world and still lost our problem is more tactics than anything else.

I know it's lack of tactical nous from Wenger.
    BUT Fab would have been better than Ramsey and Cazorla together tonight.

• Advertisement

Really I think he is excellent

He has an incredible ability to create 1v1 situations out of innocuous opposition attacks.

Courtois
    Cech
    De Gea
    Lloris

Go on, name a better one other than those. You're being very hyperbolic.

Ridiculous result though....

The list Soups said for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Szczesny is top class and you'd find it hard to find 5 keepers better than him in the league.

He actually had a good game tonight. In the first half he made a vital save. But most people will forget that and only focus on the last goal.. Which was all Merts fault.

Hart is the most overrated keeper around, he's prone to big mistakes too and Scz is better then Begovic

I think he is there or there abouts with Hart/Begovic.

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    Szczesny is top class and you'd find it hard to find 5 keepers better than him in the league.

He actually had a good game tonight. In the first half he made a vital save. But most people will forget that and only focus on the last goal.. Which was all Merts fault.

I don't get why Raf and co are putting the blame on Scz none of the goals were his fault, bad defending once again did us in.

I think he is there or there abouts with Hart/Begovic.

so on that basis he make top 5 :pac:

• Advertisement

Szczesny did nothing wrong tonight at all, the problems were all in front of him

I don't get why Raf and co are putting the blame on Scz none of the goals were his fault, bad defending once again did us in.

Im blaming him and mert for the last goal. Surely Mert shouldnt be getting beat in the air and scz at his near post?

He says the defense won Szcz teh Golden Glove but it was Szcz who lost us the game tonight. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Problems start and end with management.

Why couldnt Wenger make a change and calm the flow of the game? Does he genuinely not see these things or has he lost it that bad?

• Advertisement

There is no way Hart is better.

Szcez has saved us more times than he's cost is a brilliant keeper the first time I'm years we had a good keeper for someone to say he is a bottom ten player is ridiculous.

He was one the best in league last season it's crazy someone can say the defence merited his golden globe but in the same breath say Merts is and never was good enough.

It was a terrible performance but let's remember our 11 out there was more than good enough to beat Anderlecht for me no pointing the fingers at players more our set up and tactics and why we collapsed once again.

He says the defense won Szcz teh Golden Glove but it was Szcz who lost us the game tonight. :rolleyes:

I blamed Mert, Flamini, Arteta, Monreal and Szc for the last goal?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Im blaming him and mert for the last goal. Surely Mert shouldnt be getting beat in the air and scz at his near post?

To be fair it was a low bullet header. Not easy to save at all.

Sure he made at least 3 big saves. Remember those?

It was Mert's fault Raf, Scz was not to blame. His defenders should be clearing it away.

There is no way Hart is better.

Szcez has saved us more times than he's cost is a brilliant keeper the first time I'm years we had a good keeper for someone to say he is a bottom ten player is ridiculous.

He was one the best in league last season it's crazy someone can say the defence merited his golden globe but in the same breath say Merts is and never was good enough.

It was a terrible performance but let's remember our 11 out there was more than good enough to beat Anderlecht for me no pointing the fingers at players more our set up and tactics and why we collapsed once again.

With the exception of your comment on Hart. I've said the same with the rest. Szchez was not the problem tonight.

Why couldnt Wenger make a change and calm the flow of the game? Does he genuinely not see these things or has he lost it that bad?

With who Raf? we bugger all Centre backs to throw on or defensive players.

To be fair it was a low bullet header. Not easy to save at all.

Sure he made at least 3 big saves. Remember those?
    It was Mert's fault Raf, Scz was not to blame. His defenders should be clearing it away.

Yup and without those saves we were in big trouble. Im not saying he cost us the game (never said that) but just annoyed he was beaten at his near post. But Mert and monreal were dirt so I suppose its hard for him to have any confidence whats going on infront of him. Wenger has actually taken us backwards, its incredible.

Just to update something I did before:

Wins: Crystal Palace, Besiktas, Aston Villa, Galatasaray, Anderlecht, Sunderland, Burnley.
    Draws: Besiktas, Everton, Leicester, Man City, Spurs, Hull, Anderlecht.
    Losses: Dortmund, Southampton, Chelsea.

The wins row has widened a bit but those results look very mid-table.

With who Raf? we bugger all Centre backs to throw on or defensive players.

He's the manager. Ramsey looked tired why wasnt he replaced, or santi who was very ineffective? Maybe throw Bellerin on and go 5 at the back for the last 5 minutes.

He's the manager. Ramsey looked tired why wasnt he replaced, or santi who was very ineffective? Maybe throw Bellerin on and go 5 at the back for the last 5 minutes.

Or in other words do fcukin something

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement