Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Soups123 wrote: »
    Or in other words do fcukin something

Getting paid 8 million to dither, is there a cushier job in all sport?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

I know it's lack of tactical nous from Wenger.
    BUT Fab would have been better than Ramsey and Cazorla together tonight.

How do we know that though?

We all know Ramsey and Cazorla can play better what we should be asking is how come they have dropped off so much.

Wenger is not getting the best out of the players at his disposal.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭fulmer1984

Flamini at fault for me tonight. 3-0 when he came on. But yeah, Wenger needs to teach them to reign it in when 2/3 goals up. Bad tactics. Getting bored of finishing 4th every season, playing qualifying games to get in to CL then to finish 2nd in the group and get knocked out in the qualifying round. Arsenal deserve more as a club

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

Raf32 wrote: »
    He's the manager. Ramsey looked tired why wasnt he replaced, or santi who was very ineffective? Maybe throw Bellerin on and go 5 at the back for the last 5 minutes.

He threw on Rosicky and Pod. I would have probably thrown on Bellerin and moved Chambers to CB, I think on Sunday he will do that. He can't play Monral CB anymore.

Looper007 wrote: »
    He threw on Rosicky and Pod. I would have probably thrown on Bellerin and moved Chambers to CB, I think on Sunday he will do that. He can't play Monral CB anymore.

Pod is only good for chasing a game, waste of a sub imo. Ya id worry about Monreal up against Bony so hopefully he goes Chambers. Give me a point now!

Or in other words do fcukin something

But do what. he needed to change it at the back and he has Fcuk all on the bench to do that. Thanks to his stubborness not to by any centre backs or Defensive mid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

Sanchez must be scratching his head wondering what the fcuk has he signed into

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,426 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Lads we are not going to win the CL anyway as I have always said. We are too weak to compete with the top teams in it. I have little interest in it as we cannot win it.
    More interested in the bread and butter competition, the EPL. I would rather draw tonight than on Sat at Swansea but if we play like that we won't even draw.

Wenger is holding this great club back and tonight we are a laughing stock but it's only CL.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭omega man

After the clusterfcuk of the away game we probably got what we deserved if I'm honest. Doesn't make it easier to take but if it focuses on wengers mismanagement then so be it. There's something wrong with the team, deeply wrong.

• Advertisement

wonga77 wrote: »
    Sanchez must be scratching his head wondering what the fcuk has he signed into

Feel for the guy really. I think he be out of there soon enough, one great season or two at Arsenal, City or someone will pay big money for him. Far Too good for this side.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

But do what. he needed to change it at the back and he has Fcuk all on the bench to do that.

Defending a game is not just about defenders, put Theo on press them more up top. He is managing Arsenal against Anderlecht here I expect him to have the answers.

It's a snow ball of incompetence starting from transfer policy

Not making excuses but we get some awful decisions against us.

[QUOTE=Marty McFly;92902783]How do we know that though?

We all know Ramsey and Cazorla can play better what we should be asking is how come they have dropped off so much.

Wenger is not getting the best out of the players at his disposal.[/QUOTE]

Anyone who watches football would see that Fab is playing far better than what we have at the moment. No question about it. AND he's the leader we're missing.

Lads we are not going to win the CL anyway as I have always said. We are too weak to compete with the top teams in it. I have little interest in it as we cannot win it.
    More interested in the bread and butter competition, the EPL. I would rather draw tonight than on Sat at Swansea but if we play like that we won't even draw.

Wenger is holding this great club back and tonight we are a laughing stock but it's only CL.

The CL is the biggest thing to win these days even over the World Cup (some won't admit it but its true). If Liverpool won it with that side they had in 2005 then anyone can win it Tayto.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

Wengers derserves blame

But when do you look at the players and say come on to fcuk

Three two and 5 players gets caught up field fcuk sake

To many may feigners, and Ramsey is the worst

• Advertisement

Not making excuses but we get some awful decisions against us.

The first goal was offside but lets not make excuses as you said we should be defending better.

The CL is the biggest thing to win these days even over the World Cup (some won't admit it but its true). If Liverpool won it with that side they had in 2005 then anyone can win it Tayto.

In fairness to Rafa, they were superbly tactically managed.

We can't.
    Liverpool showed great bottle when 3 down, we bottled it when 3 up.

Defending a game is not just about defenders, put Theo on press them more up top. He is managing Arsenal against Anderlecht here I expect him to have the answers.

It's a snow ball of incompetence starting from transfer policy

come on Wenger will make excuses blame other things on it, that Anderlecht team are awful and blowing a three goal lead agaisn't them shows we are in serious trouble.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Anyone who watches football would see that Fab is playing far better than what we have at the moment. No question about it. AND he's the leader we're missing.

:pac:

Your missing my point entirely tayto yes currently he's playing better but whose to say if he was playing tonight for us he wouldn't have underperformed like Ramsey and Cazorla who are both underperforming but capable of playing much better?

Personnel is not the problem it's the managment.

• Advertisement

We can't.
    Liverpool showed great bottle when 3 down, we bottled it when 3 up.

But you never know this result could give them a kick in the ass they need (I doubt it will) and they could go on an amazing run. Didn't Milan win it two years later with the same team who blew a three goal lead in the final :pac:. so lets not go overboard yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,117 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Has Wenger given an interview yet?

Quazzie wrote: »

If he did would you expect him to tell any truth Quazzie :pac:. Wenger interview is total crap to be fair.

:pac:

Your missing my point entirely tayto yes currently he's playing better but whose to say if he was playing tonight for us he wouldn't have underperformed like Ramsey and Cazorla who are both underperforming but capable of playing much better?

Personnel is not the problem it's the managment.

I'm not disagreeing with you on Wenger. He is costing us.
    I am however saying that Fabregas is more of a leader and always more consistent than anything we have and playing better. For all the midfielders we have none are in form at all. Ramsey, Cazorla and Ox were very average, Flamini is a liability. Imagine if Sanchez was to get injured or lose form.

It's the most frustrated I've been with the club ever, my growing annoyance of Wengers draining of the club and the boards willingness to accept it really is making it hard to watch and a feeling of unrecogonition to the values we have held as a club on the field since it's creation.

It's the most frustrated I've been with the club ever, my growing annoyance of Wengers draining of the club and the boards willingness to accept it really is making it hard to watch and a feeling of unrecogonition to the values we have held as a club on the field since it's creation.

I am past that stage a long time ago. Have no faith in Wenger at all but there is zero chance of him going.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

how many pro Wengers left?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,663 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Last Sunday, when Chelsea were 1-0 up at United, Mourinho took off an attacker and sent on Mikel to try and close out the game. While it didn't work on that occasion, nine times out of ten it would. Tonight, at 3-2 and on the ropes, Wenger decides to send two attackers on, one of whom is probably our laziest player who doesn't track back and contributes nothing unless we are chasing the game. The other, a 34 year old who has barely played this season and is almost certainly past it. Can anyone explain to me the logic behind these subs because I am genuinely baffled.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Are Arsenal out tonight? Not rubbing salt in just surprised by the result

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Bridge93 wrote: »

tbh I am, Its not that I believe he doesnt make mistakes I'm just loyal like an old mutt

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭yipeeeee

Oh their here alright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

The spine of this team is too weak lads, physically and most importantly mentally. Ramsey is prime example, he just looks devoid of any confidence which is ridiculous after the season he had last year, one or two mediocre performance from him in the first few games and he lets it effect him.

Lets cut the bull****, this is a very average Arsenal side, we have too many average players and not enough quality in the team that can change a game. Ozil and Sanchez are on a different planet to anybody in this team. Arteta, Ox, Flamini, Gibbs, Mert, Monreal arent good enough to be starting. Wenger has put too much faith into these lads and he is too stubborn to realise he is wrong and that they arent good enough for Arsenal FC.

He said

End result disappointing, bad luck, fatigue, poor defensively all game, not cautious enough, goals 2 &3 defensively poor.

Be realistic they are a good side and 4 points over 2 games is well paid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭yipeeeee

Oh their here alright.

tbh I am, Its not that I believe he doesnt make mistakes I'm just loyal like an old mutt

A bit like Arsene himself so

We made CL history tonight lads.
    The first time an English team has lost a 3 goal lead.
    Congrats Wenger.

He said

End result disappointing, bad luck, fatigue, poor defensively all game, not cautious enough, goals 2 &3 defensively poor.

Be realistic they are a good side and 4 points over 2 games is well paid.

Anderlecht? Come on like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭farna_boy

I'm not disagreeing with you on Wenger. He is costing us.
    I am however saying that Fabregas is more of a leader and always more consistent than anything we have and playing better. For all the midfielders we have none are in form at all. Ramsey, Cazorla and Ox were very average, Flamini is a liability. Imagine if Sanchez was to get injured or lose form.

If Ramsey had continued his form from last season, this wouldn't be a problem. I don't think any manager could have predicted this drop off in form.

Mert hasn't looked at all at the races this season and maybe he needs a rest after the world cup. In any other circumstances, that may be possible but right now the alternative at defence is probably Bellerin/Monreal/Chambers/Gibbs. To me that is far worse than playing Mert, who still made some very important interceptions tonight.

Anderlecht? Come on like.

That's what our great leader said

• Advertisement

That's what our great leader said

Another very embarrassing interview from Wenger.
    To blame the areas he failed to strengthen is shocking too.
    The interviewer was very easy on him. Would have liked a few proper questions.

For those saying Joe hart isnt better than Szc, he has won the golden glove 3 out of the last 4 years so he must be better?

Another very embarrassing interview from Wenger.
    To blame the areas he failed to strengthen is shocking too.
    The interviewer was very easy on him. Would have liked a few proper questions.
    He doesn't care, a man who knows he is his own boss feels he has no one to answer too

• Registered Users Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭omega man

For those saying Joe hart isnt better than Szc, he has won the golden glove 3 out of the last 4 years so he must be better?

I'm not fully convinced with him either Raf but right now he's nowhere near our biggest problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,663 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

farna_boy wrote: »
    If Ramsey had continued his form from last season, this wouldn't be a problem. I don't think any manager could have predicted this drop off in form.

Mert hasn't looked at all at the races this season and maybe he needs a rest after the world cup. In any other circumstances, that may be possible but right now the alternative at defence is probably Bellerin/Monreal/Chambers/Gibbs. To me that is far worse than playing Mert, who still made some very important interceptions tonight.

Are we seriously still going on with this Mert needs a rest because of the World Cup? He was dropped at the World Cup and had how many weeks off after it anyway? If we had a decent replacement, he should have been dropped after his recent "lack of motivation" comments.

omega man wrote: »
    I'm not fully convinced with him either Raf but right now he's nowhere near our biggest problem.

Fully agree but not gonna pretend we cant upgrade on him. The keeper who got the award with him is Chelsea's number two. I just think the use of that award to hype him up is silly. Reina has won it 3 times sure

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,117 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

tbh I am, Its not that I believe he doesnt make mistakes I'm just loyal like an old mutt battered wife

FYP ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,043 ✭✭✭Hitchens

tonight was the first time in 102 games that an English side has failed to win when three goals up

history in the making there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

FYP ;)

Its wasn't Arsene's fault, it was MINE!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

An Anderlecht team that has one draw in 12 games in England.
    An Anderlecht team that had their best player on the bench, a full back in the centre of defence and a 19 year old with barely any first team action. An Anderlecht team we were 3-0 up against with 25 mins to go.

Seriously, can we just withdraw from this competition and save ourselves the embarrassment of going out in the last 16 to Real/Barca/Bayern? As has been said, tactically shambolic performance from a manager who is now overstaying his tenure.

As was said on the match thread it's like the repeat of Brian Clough!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement