Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

gosplan wrote: »
    They got the break today with the peno and managed the game very well afterwards. That's all.
    Getting a break usually refers to something a bit more nuanced than an obvious penalty.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

What do people expect

That was a very very good performance today

Undone by a moment of quailty

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

Tough run of fixtures over now

Hopefully we can push on in the next 12 fixtures

It's better than the 6-0 last year, I guess. We are missing that drive, despite being better up front...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭omega man

Tough run of fixtures over now

Hopefully we can push on in the next 12 fixtures

Push on for 3rd/4th place? That's where it's going Im afraid

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Getting a break usually refers to something a bit more nuanced than an obvious penalty.

Not really, wasn't quite a scoring opportunity. They had created as much as us really. Then they also could have been a man down.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

What do people expect

Performance was good
    Second goal pissed me off more than result

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,116 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Mr.Micro wrote: »
    It's better than the 6-0 last year, I guess. We are missing that drive, despite being better up front...

How were we better upfront?

Toothless again. Set up wrong with Ozil in the wrong position. Wenger can't beat Wenger, or any decent manager it seems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

What do people expect

Very very good in what way?

We never really looked like scoring which is kind of the aim of the game.

We lost more points dropped.

Soups123 wrote: »
    Performance was good

We had to push on I was afraid we would get caught on the break

Both CBs and keeper could have done better I suppose

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Also I assume we'll see the media in uproar now cause Jose walked down the tunnel without shaking hands.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,745 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Wenger took our two best players off today, can't help but think hes afraid to drop or sub Ozil because of the price tag. Shocking today and I'm not excusing horror touches because he was on the wing, that's absolute nonsense. I've never seen a player as excused for playing rubbish as Ozil is.

Very very good in what way?

We never really looked like scoring which is kind of the aim of the game.

We lost more points dropped.

It was that kinda game, what did chelsea create until we started pushing on?

So far this season:
    Wins: Palace, Villa, Galatasaray and Besiktas.
    Draws: Besiktas, City, Leicester, Spurs and Everton.
    Losses: to Dortmund, Chelsea and Southampton.

Kinda finding a level with results like that. :/

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

The Everton, Leicester & Spurs results really have been the problem not today.

Hopefully we push on now and get a good run of wind after the break

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

I'm sorry to say it's time for Arsene to step aside.

We haven't improved from last season one bit. The top managers and teams have been outplaying him for the last two to three seasons that now it's getting a little sad. He has far too many average players in the squad and too many who are alike (small and skilful). He plays our best players out of their favourite positions and he hasn't addressed our problem positions. Getting 4th place every season simply can't be our goal from now on.

• Advertisement

Soups123 wrote: »
    Performance was good

Performance was good? We had our first shot on target in the 90th minute. Galatasary must be a really poor team after all. This is fcuking depressing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Ken Shamrock

My 2 cents...

Szcz had a fairly poor game, if he done his homework on Hazard he'd have went to his left like Hazard does 80% of the time, 2nd goal was a great finish but he could have stuck a hand up. Chambers had a tough time against Hazard but done well. Kisc was a rock as usual but a stupid challenge on Hazard and beaten for pace on the 2nd. Mert was Mert, very much static, Gibbs done well..

Flamini had a stormer imo, Wilshere was great and Cazorla played well. Sanchez worked his socks off but was ineffective, Welbeck was the same and proved he's nowhere near as good as Henry like some are suggesting his challenge on Cesc was embarrasing. Ozil was a joke, a complete passenger.

Biggest criticism is of Wenger, set up well starting 11 wasn't bad although Ozil out wide was the wrong choice for me, his subs are just sooo unbelievable, hmmm ill put on ox who will i take off Ozil who has done nothing or Cazorla who looks threatening? He always! leaves Ozil on there no matter how poor he plays and its a joke, then he takes of Wilshere instead of Ozil? I can't comprehend it.

I enjoyed the game, result was annoying again but ultimately my hatred towards Ozil and Wenger (There is love there aswell) is just growing and growing as our title hope fades and fades.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

Eh why did Shreeves just tell Cesc he was motm? They gave it to Hazard. That mug Shreeves just wishes he was motm

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

2 more years of this from wenger. but at least its not 6:0

Everyone is saying we didn't threaten

Bar hazards class run what did chelsea do

Some games are like that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Ken Shamrock

Some games are like that

Score two goals...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

I cant wait till we win our next three and people in here say we can win the title. Fourth here we come.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

Ozil is beyond poor. It's all well and good doing it against villa but these are the games where u want your marquee player stamping his class on the game. So so poor in the final third, very disappointing and I'm sick to my back teeth of losing these big games against the big boys

AdamD wrote: »
    Wenger took our two best players off today, can't help but think hes afraid to drop or sub Ozil because of the price tag. Shocking today and I'm not excusing horror touches because he was on the wing, that's absolute nonsense. I've never seen a player as excused for playing rubbish as Ozil is.

I accept it isnt his best position but to be honest that still doesnt excuse the lack of energy and urgency in his game.

The fans defending him remind me of guys who have paid top bucks for a shiny new car. The engine is barely ticking over and fúck all power in it but they are still in denial making excuses. Its the petrol, the oil, its meant to sound like that, etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

2 more years of this from wenger. but at least its not 6:0

I think it's time for someone on the board to see the bigger picture. We are been outplayed and outgunned by our rivals. When we are saying "least it's not 6:0" that's pretty bad. We're Arsenal.

It was that kinda game, what did chelsea create until we started pushing on?

But they did create it and were clinical when the opportunity arose. We never looked like scoring only chance I can think of is Wilshere were his first touch let him down badly.

Another big game and another loss we can play ok but we have to start turning these games into points our points total for the season so far is horrible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Some games are like that

After that run Chelsea didn't need to do anything else. Arsenal never looked like scoring.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

My 2 cents...

Szcz had a fairly poor game, if he done his homework on Hazard he'd have went to his left like Hazard does 80% of the time, 2nd goal was a great finish but he could have stuck a hand up. Chambers had a tough time against Hazard but done well. Kisc was a rock as usual but a stupid challenge on Hazard and beaten for pace on the 2nd. Mert was Mert, very much static, Gibbs done well..

Flamini had a stormer imo, Wilshere was great and Cazorla played well. Sanchez worked his socks off but was ineffective, Welbeck was the same and proved he's nowhere near as good as Henry like some are suggesting his challenge on Cesc was embarrasing. Ozil was a joke, a complete passenger.

Biggest criticism is of Wenger, set up well starting 11 wasn't bad although Ozil out wide was the wrong choice for me, his subs are just sooo unbelievable, hmmm ill put on ox who will i take off Ozil who has done nothing or Cazorla who looks threatening? He always! leaves Ozil on there no matter how poor he plays and its a joke, then he takes of Wilshere instead of Ozil? I can't comprehend it.

I enjoyed the game, result was annoying again but ultimately my hatred towards Ozil and Wenger (There is love there aswell) is just growing and growing as our title hope fades and fades.

Nobody has suggested this. Some people have suggested his finish the other night looked like an Henry style finish, which it did. I've had this argument with too many people.

My 2 cents...

Szcz had a fairly poor game, if he done his homework on Hazard he'd have went to his left like Hazard does 80% of the time, 2nd goal was a great finish but he could have stuck a hand up. Chambers had a tough time against Hazard but done well. Kisc was a rock as usual but a stupid challenge on Hazard and beaten for pace on the 2nd. Mert was Mert, very much static, Gibbs done well.

I think the red card midweek made Chesney check himself instead of come charging out as he should have.

But they did create it and were clinical when the opportunity arose. We never looked like scoring only chance I can think of is Wilshere were his first touch let him down badly.

Another big game and another loss we can play ok but we have to start turning these games into points our points total for the season so far is horrible.

They only created cause we pushed in late on, besides that it was nip and tuck from both sides

Way over the top reaction in here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

What do people expect

How was it a very good performance?
    We hadn't one shot on target.
    We were allowed the ball up to a certain point and then dispossessed quite easily.
    The wrong players were subbed.
    Murinho annihilated Wenger once again in the tactical battle.
    Chelsea had a very easy match.

Knock Ozil all you want, its our incompetent manager (in the big games) playing him out of position. I thought Alexis was worse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Spuds are ahead of us in the league

They only created cause we pushed in late on, besides that it was nip and tuck from both sides

You do know it was 1-0 before that yea?

There will always be hyperbole reactions and inbetween the over reactions there are some good points.

You can't be happy having lost another big game and with the amount of points we have already dropped this season?

How was it a very good performance?
    We hadn't one shot on target.
    We were allowed the ball up to a certain point and then dispossessed quite easily.
    The wrong players were subbed.
    Murinho annihilated Wenger once again in the tactical battle.
    Chelsea had a very easy match.

Annihilation in tactial battle

Best I heard so far

You do know it was 1-0 before that yea?

There will always be hyperbole reactions and inbetween the over reactions there are some good points.

You can't be happy having lost another big game and with the amount of points we have already dropped this season?

One moment of Magic sepersted the teams

If I'm going to piss in my cornflakes I will do it ovet the lecister or Spurs game

Not loosing a close game away to probably the best team in the league

Ah come on, this has been happening for the last 10 years now! Wenger never beating Jose tells a lot for me. The fact our first shot on target was in the 90th minute says you're wrong too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Annihilation in tactial battle

Best I heard so far

Yes and guess what?
    Wenger hasn't still beaten any of his sides ...... ever.
    Must be just lucky :rolleyes:

efb wrote: »
    Spuds are ahead of us in the league

And United.

• Advertisement

Before the next match I'd have players practicing shots from outside the box and crosses into the box. Can't really remember either happening in that match.

I guess Bellerin definitely starts the next match as well. He could end up with quite a bit of playing time this season the way Chambers is going.

Mourinho is levels ahead of our Arsene im afraid. Dont know would he have beaten the old one though.

And United.

And everyone was having a good laugh at their expense. We're level with pool too. Let that sink in.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

Some games are like that

It's an improvement ....no matter that we lost. Chelsea are a tough side.... We will need to step up to be in the top four. Tbh, I do not see us challenging for much else this season... Lacklustre.

Looper007 wrote: »
    I think it's time for someone on the board to see the bigger picture. We are been outplayed and outgunned by our rivals. When we are saying "least it's not 6:0" that's pretty bad. We're Arsenal.

To the board, the smaller picture is profit and the bigger picture is even bigger profit. They see only money

One moment of Magic sepersted the teams

If I'm going to piss in my cornflakes I will do it ovet the lecister or Spurs game

Not loosing a close game away to probably the best team in the league

Always making excuses?

First it was they scored because we were pushing on then it was one moment of magic. They controlled the game and more or less let us have the ball.

A very very good performance for me means we walk away with three points I will never be satisfied with a loss or try talk it up.

End of the day were down in 7th in the league and until we start picking up points and moving up positions I wont squint my eyes and make positives from the negative.

• Advertisement

Im sorry but people being positive after a 2-0 defeat with one shot on target. That really shows how far our ambitions have fallen.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,408 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

We didn't push on in the 2nd half at all in my opinion, Chelsea sat back and let us have the ball because they knew we wouldn't break them down, then they picked us off on the break to put the game to bed. The game was over as soon as we conceded the penalty.

Always making excuses?

First it was they scored because we were pushing on then it was one moment of magic. They controlled the game and more or less let us have the ball.

A very very good performance for me means we walk away with three points I will never be satisfied with a loss or try talk it up.

End of the day were down in 7th in the league and until we start picking up points and moving up positions I wont squint my eyes and make positives from the negative.

You can play well and not get the points

Or do you not realise that

Raf32 wrote: »
    Im sorry but people being positive after a 2-0 defeat with one shot on target. That really shows how far our ambitions have fallen.

Yup. Hate to say I told yous so. But not really. :P

Basil3 wrote: »
    Before the next match I'd have players practicing shots from outside the box and crosses into the box. Can't really remember either happening in that match.

I guess Bellerin definitely starts the next match as well. He could end up with quite a bit of playing time this season the way Chambers is going.

In fairness we tried plenty of shots from outside the box today it what we had to resort to. We just didn't do them very well either off target or blocked.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement