Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭yipeeeee

I believe Wenger has lost a bit if confidence in his ability and the players have picked up on this.

Didn't he say he would probably not sign the contract if he didn't win the fa cup.

He doesn't look anything like the Wenger of old who was sharp, calm and confident looking.

Players pick up on these things.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Don't know why anybody would say "look at City last night it could be worse", as to rubbish fans that are angry at Wenger and the current situation at the club. That City team have won the league twice in the last 3 years. Okay they wont get out of the group stages but if they did they would have a chance to win it outright, unlike us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Gringo180 wrote: »
    Don't know why anybody would say "look at City last night it could be worse", as to rubbish fans that are angry at Wenger and the current situation at the club. That City team have won the league twice in the last 3 years. Okay they wont get out of the group stages but if they did they would have a chance to win it outright, unlike us.

Amazingly, they still might. :eek:

I don't think a team has ever gone through with 5 points before but it is actually possible. Shocking to be honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭byrneg28

Kirby wrote: »
    Amazingly, they still might. :eek:

I don't think a team has ever gone through with 5 points before but it is actually possible. Shocking to be honest.

Zenit got through last year with 6 points close but not 5 .. I still think City could take a point from Bayern and beat Roma

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

Boss doing his press conference magically had another dog at Ramsey about his piroties

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Boss doing his press conference magically had another dog at Ramsey about his piroties
    you sound like the English policeman in 'allo 'allo

He is right. He was one of our worst players the other night, at one point he tried a back heel and stupidly gave it to one of there players resulting in us getting caught on the counter, shocked they did not score from it. I watched him closely and and one point he gave the ball away 3 times in a row.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

Suprised any of Ye understood my last post

Damn autocorrect

He is right to dig him out he is playing for himself not the team

• Registered Users Posts: 1,533 ✭✭✭Colonialboy

sshhh dont mention all the time Wenger spends in France covering football matches and whats not. Anyone here ever live in France, Wenger is always on the TV there, even during the season.

Damn autocorrect

With Wilshere coming back I would have Ramsey on the bench, although in saying that Cazorla isnt playing all that much better. I would actually go with Wilshere and Ox playing ahead of Arteta in the middle of the park and Campbell on the wing with Sanchez and Welbeck alternating between centre forward on the other wing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Damn autocorrect

Whats the gist of what he said? Was it clearly aimed at Rambo?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Gringo180 wrote: »
    With Wilshere coming back I would have Ramsey on the bench, although in saying that Cazorla isnt playing all that much better. I would actually go with Wilshere and Ox playing ahead of Arteta in the middle of the park and Campbell on the wing with Sanchez and Welbeck alternating between centre forward on the other wing.

Sadly I can't see Campbell getting a look in with Theo on his way back.

Would take Walcott over him any day to be fair

Lads do the mercantile show the Arsenal games every week, as in will the Swansea game be on there tomorrow?

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »
    Sadly I can't see Campbell getting a look in with Theo on his way back.

Would take Walcott over him any day to be fair

:eek::eek: Don't know how I forgot about Theo :o Like a new signing he is :pac:

To be fair to Campbell, he has to be sick not getting into the squad ahead of Sanogo. He hasnt even been giving a fair shot to show what he can do. He cant be any worse than what Cazorla or Ox has been lately.

Soups123 wrote: »
    Lads do the mercantile show the Arsenal games every week, as in will the Swansea game be on there tomorrow?

Sunday I think

greendom wrote: »
    Sunday I think

Fcek it had it in my head it was tomorrow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

Sunday I think

Sunday indeed 4 PM.
    Will probably be my first time in the mercantile too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,665 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Irish Aris wrote: »
    Sunday indeed 4 PM.
    Will probably be my first time in the mercantile too.

The FA Cup will be there on Sunday. Dublin Arsenal are doing a fundraiser. From their Facebook page:

10173632_753690134722354_2867887886745611983_n.jpg?oh=244ed0d1ce977fd8e9fc2bfe62a894d7&oe=54D54DDD&__gda__=1423446636_965adce92035466f6d7b6195b3759307

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Thinking of going over to Everton game in Feb... how would I go about getting tickets if I'm not a member?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 699 ✭✭✭blag

Your best chance is to join as a Red member, there's a fair allocation available for each game and there's the ticket exchange where tickets appear consistently, too.

Otherwise you're at the mercy of twitter etc and touts.

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭king Henry 14

I think ramseys excellent performances last season have gone to his head. No longer doing the basics right and he's more worried about getting on the score sheet himself than helping the team. If he doesn't get his act together he will lose his place in the team and go down as a one season wonder.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭byrneg28

http://instagram.com/p/vDuJALtdIU/?modal=true

Was at the game on Tuesday had a great view of some of the goals and sitting next to the Anderlecht section wasn't pretty

I think ramseys excellent performances last season have gone to his head. No longer doing the basics right and he's more worried about getting on the score sheet himself than helping the team. If he doesn't get his act together he will lose his place in the team and go down as a one season wonder.

He'll get his act together, too intelligent a player not to. Plenty of players off form at the moment though and who need to pick up their performances.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

blag wrote: »
    Your best chance is to join as a Red member, there's a fair allocation available for each game and there's the ticket exchange where tickets appear consistently, too.

Otherwise you're at the mercy of twitter etc and touts.

Is it a 36 pounds annual membership fee?

Also, if I join as a red member how many tickets am I allowed to buy with that? If I were to go with a group for example.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 699 ✭✭✭blag

Is it a 36 pounds annual membership fee?

Also, if I join as a red member how many tickets am I allowed to buy with that? If I were to go with a group for example.

I think it's still £36 with the membership pack (aka a bobble hat and some tat) or £29 without.

It only allows you to buy tickets for one person but you can add other members to your "network" to buy for them at the same time to sit together. It can get pricey enough in fairness.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭king Henry 14

He'll get his act together, too intelligent a player not to. Plenty of players off form at the moment though and who need to pick up their performances.

If it was just poor form I wouldn't mind. I just think his attitude is all wrong. If he just played his normal game the goals and performances will come but at the moment being on the score sheet is all he seems to care about and he's not helping the team effort. Maybe I'm wrong but that's how I see his performances at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

I think that FA cup winning goal of his went to the head something serious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Although he hasnt been playing to his high standards, it has to be said the boss has changed his position in the 4-3-3 being the most advanced of the midfielders. He was so effective last year as a box to box arriving late in the pen area.

£36 at say 100k members, nice ~€4 million in income for the ticket operation without selling anything. Not bad if ya can get it. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

The Arsenal way. :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,748 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Some mental over reactions going on in here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

What the fcuk man?

Gosplan wait up, wait for me!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,276 ✭✭✭batistuta9

anyone see the tim stillman column on arseblog?
    http://arseblog.com/2014/11/arsenal-get-the-drop-on-er-arsenal/

since 29th October, 2008, when arsenal were 4-2 up to tottenham & drew 4-4.
    points lost from 2 & 3 goal leads. (arsenal even manage with a 4 goal lead).
    opponents & the details are in tables in his article

Arsenal: 22 points lost.
    Manchester United: 13 points* lost.
    Liverpool: 9 points lost
    Chelsea: 8 points lost.
    Manchester City: 6 points lost
    *Of course there is the odd cup game in here, so it’s not always “points” that are lost, strictly speaking, but I decided to keep it as a useful metric.

shocking stuff & not this once off BS the happy harrys want you thinking

batistuta9 wrote: »
    anyone see the tim stillman column on arseblog?
    http://arseblog.com/2014/11/arsenal-get-the-drop-on-er-arsenal/

since 29th October, 2008, when arsenal were 4-2 up to tottenham & drew 4-4.
    points lost from 2 & 3 goal leads. (arsenal even manage with a 4 goal lead).
    opponents & the details are in tables in his article

Arsenal: 22 points lost.
    Manchester United: 13 points* lost.
    Liverpool: 9 points lost
    Chelsea: 8 points lost.
    Manchester City: 6 points lost
    *Of course there is the odd cup game in here, so it’s not always “points” that are lost, strictly speaking, but I decided to keep it as a useful metric.

shocking stuff & not this once off BS the happy harrys want you thinking

As long as it keeps the negative Nellies haopy

So Arsene gets the sack after losing 3-0 on Sunday and Brendan Rodgers is enticed by the possibility of European football after Christmas.

What would be the threads thoughts on BR leading the Gunners?

I'd be very confident if he was the chosen man. No doubt a few more savvy posters will know more about him than me but I think he has all the qualities we'd want from a new manager.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Jaafa

So Arsene gets the sack after losing 3-0 on Sunday and Brendan Rodgers is enticed by the possibility of European football after Christmas.

I'd be very confident if he was the chosen man. No doubt a few more savvy posters will know more about him than me but I think he has all the qualities we'd want from a new manager.

I don't even understand what's happening anymore.

Jaafa wrote: »
    I don't even understand what's happening anymore.

So that's a no to Brendan Rodgers then?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Jaafa

So that's a no to Brendan Rodgers then?

There's zero indication thus far that he'd do any better than Wenger, pretty random choice IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,426 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Wenger on SSN complaining about the first Anderlecht goal being offside.
    What about the other two and your own part in the collapse Arsene.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,117 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

We are NEVER gonna advance under Wenger. The fans are slowly coming to that conclusion, some are hesitant and won't give in just yet, but they will eventually have to. My big fear is though that it will be too late before the board cop onto this and that we will be declining at that stage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

£36 at say 100k members, nice ~€4 million in income for the ticket operation without selling anything. Not bad if ya can get it. :pac:

and they can indeed!!!! I am one of the (say) 100k members!!!! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,276 ✭✭✭batistuta9

As long as it keeps the negative Nellies haopy

but the negative Nellies are the ones wanting change, not the same stuff year in year out.

where did i hear it this week 'finish second in the CL group again, get KOd in the last 16 again, so you can concentrate on finishing in the top 4 again to qualify for the champions league again'
    increment & loop again :pac:

that record is appalling though, no two ways about it. no progress or positive thoughts are going to mask it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,042 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Have a look at all of his signings here and tell me how many of these you'd like to see coming our way.

327678.jpg

Quazzie wrote: »
    We are NEVER gonna advance under Wenger. The fans are slowly coming to that conclusion, some are hesitant and won't give in just yet, but they will eventually have to. My big fear is though that it will be too late before the board cop onto this and that we will be declining at that stage.

We have been declining for years.

batistuta9 wrote: »
    but the negative Nellies are the ones wanting change, not the same stuff year in year out.

where did i hear it this week 'finish second in the CL group again, get KOd in the last 16 again, so you can concentrate on finishing in the top 4 again to qualify for the champions league again'
    increment & loop again :pac:

that record is appalling though, no two ways about it. no progress or positive thoughts are going to mask it

The ability to be able to go out and spend on the likes of Sánchez and Ozil shows that things are changing. We need defensive reinforcements in January if we get them I'm confident that we will see progress this year

yipeeeee wrote: »
    We have been declining for years.

What metric are you using to prove this decline?

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Pudders

byrneg28 wrote: »
    http://instagram.com/p/vDuJALtdIU/?modal=true

Was at the game on Tuesday had a great view of some of the goals and sitting next to the Anderlecht section wasn't pretty

That's the junior gunners section for the league games. always wondered why they put the juniors beside the away fans!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Lads a united fan said to me this morning , HAHA ye embarassed you'rselves in the champions league the other night haha

I responded with yeah we did its the only competition you haven't disgraced you'reselves in so **** off

So could be worse lads

What metric are you using to prove this decline?

Winning one cup in ten years.

Our record against the big teams.

Bowing out of Europe in the 2nd round.

Scraping 4th place year after year.

Former players openly saying they left because they lost faith in the direction wenger was taking the club, henry most noticeably.

To name a few.

• Advertisement

yipeeeee wrote: »
    Winning one cup in ten years.

Our record against the big teams.

Bowing out of Europe in the 2nd round.

Scraping 4th place year after year.

Former players openly saying they left because they lost faith in the direction wenger was taking the club, henry most noticeably.

To name a few.

That points to a levelling out, not a decline.during a period when the club had to consolidate after the stadium build and the likes of Chelsea and City turned up with limitless funds to buy success.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement