Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

Mirror reporting Mats Hummels interested in joining and it'd be 32m.

I'd take him in a heartbeat

I also take Reus too if you don't mind :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

Game day

I just love it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Would love to see a few good performances from anyone not just named Alexis today. Give us something to shout about going into this break!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

keano_afc wrote: »
    What are we supposed to do, sit back and say it'll be better next season blah blah blah? Some people are far too sensitive. We are NOT improving as a team. Why continue to deny this?

I don't think anyone on this thread is under any illusions about how we are doing as a club but it seems to be getting to a stage in here where you can't even post up a a team selection without posters giving out about our shortcomings. We all know its Wenger's fault monreal is playing centre back so there is no need to continually post it over and over again which is what is happening.

This isnt a pro wenger rant either. I'd be saying the same if posters were banging on all the time about how good sanchez is or whatever.

Its boring to read the same stuff over and over and it kills discussion in the thread

Raf32 wrote: »
    Would love to see a few good performances from anyone not just named Alexis today. Give us something to shout about going into this break!

Welbeck needs to up his game I think. He is no good if he isn't scoring goals. He brings a lot to the team in terms of closing down and working hard but if he doesn't start putting away some of the chances he is getting he'll find himself back on the wing doing a defensive job on Robben when we draw baryen in the 2nd round of the CL :)

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2014/11/09/5971661/mertesacker-not-winning-a-league-title-with-arsenal-wouldnt-be-a-?CMPID=TWUK_141109_MertesackerTitle

What happened to this guy? Is he gonna just live off that world cup? Seems to have no ambition since he came back. He really isnt good enough both mentally as well form wise at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Loved Ox's run and shot for our 3rd on Tuesday. More of that please

greendom wrote: »
    Loved Ox's run and shot for our 3rd on Tuesday. More of that please

Yup Ox is probably only behind Alexis and Ozil in terms of actual ability on the team. Needs to show it more!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

jonny666 wrote: »
    Welbeck needs to up his game I think. He is no good if he isn't scoring goals. He brings a lot to the team in terms of closing down and working hard but if he doesn't start putting away some of the chances he is getting he'll find himself back on the wing doing a defensive job on Robben when we draw baryen in the 2nd round of the CL :)
    Quite harsh, jonny. I think he has settled in very well and offers a lot to Arsenal through his work rate and movement, constantly creating space for the likes of Alexis to work his magic. If anything, he needs to be a bit more greedy himself at times and regain his confidence which was affected negatively by Moyes and Van Gaal. Agreed that he is due a goal or two today if that's what you are getting at. He usually does score against Swansea too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭yipeeeee

Yup Ox is probably only behind Alexis and Ozil in terms of actual ability on the team. Needs to show it more!

Ozil and ability.

What a strained relationship.

K4t wrote: »
    Quite harsh, jonny. I think he has settled in very well and offers a lot to Arsenal through his work rate and movement, constantly creating space for the likes of Alexis to work his magic. If anything, he needs to be a bit more greedy himself at times and regain his confidence which was affected negatively by Moyes and Van Gaal. Agreed that he is due a goal or two today if that's what you are getting at. He usually does score against Swansea too.
    Not harsh at all.

Strikers are there to score goals, simple as that.

Needs to up his game and prove all the doubters wrong.
    Something I feel he won't do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

yipeeeee wrote: »
    Ozil and ability.

What a strained relationship.

Can you expand on that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

I think Walcott is a far superior player to oxlade chamberlain.

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »
    I think Walcott is a far superior player to oxlade chamberlain.

Walcott is a better player right now, but Ox has way more in his locker imo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Potential ability you mean? He has been big disappointment for me so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Really hoping for a big performance from the team today. Don't know why Wenger wont play Chambers centre back and push Bellerin right back :confused:

K4t wrote: »

It is a bit harsh but he is getting his chance and not taking I think. It was always play him through the centre for a good run of games and he's be banging them in. But he isn't. He is the same as he was at unite . Might get a goal or two (or a hattrick!) In one game then not score for 6 or 7. Its not good enough to be starting up front. The minute giroud gets back he goes straight back in the team for me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,276 ✭✭✭batistuta9

Gringo180 wrote: »
    Really hoping for a big performance from the team today. Don't know why Wenger wont play Chambers centre back and push Bellerin right back :confused:

when he played there before he needed to be on the right, mert to the left
    so it's either he thinks monreals better at lcb than mert. or wants the L/R footed pairing

I thought he was unlucky not to have two goals last weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,276 ✭✭✭batistuta9

bad2dabone wrote: »
    I thought he was unlucky not to have two goals last weekend.

who, dat guy?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,866 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

jonny666 wrote: »
    It is a bit harsh but he is getting his chance and not taking I think. It was always play him through the centre for a good run of games and he's be banging them in. But he isn't. He is the same as he was at unite . Might get a goal or two (or a hattrick!) In one game then not score for 6 or 7. Its not good enough to be starting up front. The minute giroud gets back he goes straight back in the team for me

tbh I think this is exactly what will happen but he will still come on in most games and you can rotate Giroud in some games and keep him fresh, something im sure he would have benefited from before now. If you have Ozil, Sanchez & Walcott all in the side at any point you might not be as dependant on your CF for goals though and I think Wellbeck and Giroud will actually really fit your need as long as you have a strong defensive base. The signing of Wellbeck is not a stop gap as imo he is a quality squad addition but in saying that it should allow Wenger to focus on arranging that defensive base that perhaps you need more. If those Hummels stories have truth in them for example you would instantly look a hell of a lot stronger. Then if someone of Khedira's ilk was added you would be complete. Lots of ifs there but you need that strong spine next as you already have the flair to go around it.

Sick of Ramsey giving the ball away so easy, we payed today.

Benched he needs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,117 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

A sham of a club we've become.

When will people wake up?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

omg ffs

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Two games same **** not a single sub from Arsene til it's too late again

Quazzie wrote: »
    A sham of a club we've become.

When will people wake up?

Expect to be good you're too negative and we are turning a corner..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Soups123 wrote: »

There is a saying about gates and about horses that have bolted that I think applies here........

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

We are an absolute shambles at the moment something has to give.

The united fans who came in here and showed regret about us getting Welbeck should be carded for trolling because they had to have been glad to see the back of him/

The united fans who came in here and showed regret about us getting Welbeck should be carded for trolling because they had to have been glad to see the back of him/

In fairness he got a nice assist today our attack is not the problem it's our midfield and the fact were playing a LB in CB along with an inexperienced RB. Shocking stuff.

We are an absolute shambles at the moment something has to give.

Except it won't. I'm really turning on Arsene he just couldn't give a fcuk interviews are appalling saying he listens to no one almost how dare you question me attitude.

He's destroying this team and hasn't the balls to step aside

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,748 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Cazorla shouldn't even be in the match day squad on his form this season

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,409 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

His shenanigans remind me of Trapatonni.

Except it won't. I'm really turning on Arsene he just couldn't give a fcuk interviews are appalling saying he listens to no one almost how dare you question me attitude.

He's destroying this team and hasn't the balls to step aside

I know it's soul destroying knowing that it wont change and never will unless Wenger himself decides it will.

His interviews the last few years have become more erratic and arrogant which has always annoyed me.
    AdamD wrote: »
    Cazorla shouldn't even be in the match day squad on his form this season

Nor should Ramsey calling him a passenger this season would be kind.

Here's sanogo.

• Advertisement

greendom wrote: »
    It's not fun on here atm but I feel that I have to continue posting as a balance to so much negativity.

The squad is really down to the bare bones atm and the next few weeks are going to be tough. Have a feeling the negativity will increase for a while.

Come on surely its acceptable now to criticise.

People leaving the forum yesterday because of negative comments.

Pathetic.

Brings on Sanogo in the 90th minute. Seriously what the fúck Wenger?

I challenge anyone to defend anything that Wenger has done in the last two games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

I'm sure the opposition fans could make a case for defending him....

Time to give it up arsene

I challenge anyone to defend anything that Wenger has done in the last two games.

Genuine question is there any fan here that believes he is not destroying us

• Advertisement

-8 points compared with the first 11 matches last season.
    -8 points compared with corresponding fixtures last season.

Progress yeah?

Were becoming a laughing stock now at this stage.

Also I'm wondering how many of the usual suspects are going to "bow out" because of how "negative" the thread is going to be. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

sack wenger?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

Also I'm wondering how many of the usual suspects are going to "bow out" because of how "negative" the thread is going to be. :pac:

Why are you getting a kick out of it I never know

It's just really disheartening

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement