Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

It actually blows my mind that a professional footballer, who can practice football all day, every day, will still try to put a cross coming from the right in with their left foot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

sack wenger?

And do what?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

bad2dabone wrote: »
    Time to give it up arsene

He won't that's the sad thing, he will try for 4th and people will still be happy with it.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,409 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

There's no way we'll be getting the monkey off our back against United after the break.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭yipeeeee

Looper007 wrote: »
    Why are you getting a kick out of it I never know

It's just really disheartening

There is noone getting a kick out of this.

Its just laughable now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

He won't that's the sad thing, he will try for 4th and people will still be happy with it.

No arsenal fan I know is happy with 4th.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Well lads. Where do we go from here? Sanchez looked disgusted walking off then the camera pans to Welbeck and hes laughing and joking with a Swansea player. Sanchez is too good for this team, pathetic again.

And do what?

that's my problem unless you have someone of top quality who has new ideas for this great club then why settle for 2nd best.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

sack wenger?

Always said I'd respect him for what he did for this club but tbh it's slowly turning into a complete dislike for the man.

If he loves the club as much as he says he does he should step down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

sack wenger?

Will never happen. He's become unsackable only way is if pressure becomes immense he might walk away but I think he is to stubborn for that.

A lot of people saying Sanchez will be off next year if we don' improve hard to disagree really.

The clock is ticking on Wenger

• Advertisement

yipeeeee wrote: »
    There is noone getting a kick out of this.

Its just laughable now.

I wouldn't be so sure about that

It is laughable but we've been accepting this for so many years now, we're every bit to blame for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,748 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

If I hear the word confidence one more time I'll explode, seems to be an excuse that only ever comes out of this football club. Start buying mentally strong players who don't play ****e for 20 games a season because they're 'lacking confidence'.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    There's no way we'll be getting the monkey off our back against United after the break.
    At least it's a nice couple of weeks til then. Followed by having Dortmund come over for a visit.

Soups123 wrote: »
    Always said I'd respect him for what he did for this club but tbh it's slowly turning into a complete dislike for the man.

If he loves the club as much as he says he does he should step down.

I want him to step aside if only we have a top class replacement coming in. I'm sorry I don't want a David Moyes or someone that lark coming in making us mid table.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 828 ✭✭✭TUBBY

I wouldn't think we need to look that far.
    Sanchez has looked pissed off the last few games.

Any decent offer in jan and it hard to see him stay.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

And do what?

get a better manager

AdamD wrote: »
    If I hear the word confidence one more time I'll explode, seems to be an excuse that only ever comes out of this football club. Start buying mentally strong players who don't play ****e for 20 games a season because they're 'lacking confidence'.

Confidence

And do what?

Really? So do nothing with this piss?

Sack him and find a new manager to try take is forward. Why do some fans always defend the we need a new CB, DM, CF, manager etc with a 'and who do we get who out there is better'

At least it's a nice couple of weeks til then. Followed by having Dortmund come over for a visit.

A team at the bottom of the Germany league too and we're scared off them, that's how shocking it's getting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Two more defeats to look forward to. I feel bad for brainwashing my kids to be gooners now!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

Would any other premier league manager have just sat there and watched as Chambers got done by Montero time and time again? Absolute nonsense from Wenger at this stage. It was almost an insult seeing him chuck on Sanogo with 30 seconds to play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,428 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Very sad to witness what's becoming of this great club under Wenger. Joke.

I want him to step aside if only we have a top class replacement coming in. I'm sorry I don't want a David Moyes or someone that lark coming in making us mid table.

He is doing worse than what Moyes did

• Registered Users Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭omega man

Gringo180 wrote: »
    Well lads. Where do we go from here? Sanchez looked disgusted walking off then the camera pans to Welbeck and hes laughing and joking with a Swansea player. Sanchez is too good for this team, pathetic again.

When Sanchez leaves next summer I don't think any supporters will begrudge him. He's a winner and is quite clearly frustrated with our performances.

We're fcuking 12 points behind Chelsea, that's unnacceptable in early November. I'm not in the least bit confident of getting any result against UTD and with their form what does that say about us.

WE ARE midtable. If ya look at the lineup today, Swansea had as good a keeper, a far better back four and arguably a better striker.

Our starting 11 aren't Arsenal quality.

• Advertisement

Sack him and find a new manager to try take is forward. Why do some fans always defend the we need a new CB, DM, CF, manager etc with a 'and who do we get who out there is better'

But who Soups, who's out there that we can get that's going to make us better. They are all tied up with the best clubs around. Do you want a manager of the ilk of David Moyes or Gary Monk as our manager?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

They should subtitle United Arsenal Dumb and Dumber...

Why the fcuk did he bring on Sanogo?

Ok we need a goal desperately hmmm who will I bring on a U21 French international who has no goals for us or Podolski who has often scored vital goals and over a 100 caps for Germany.

Yea Sanogo is the better option the mind boggles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

I would love to sit down and chat with Alexis and actually just see what he thinks of Arsenal as a club. The training, manager, mentality of the other players, fitness regime etc.

And to be perfectly honest I would take any manager who's got their badge in the last few years at this stage. We don't seem to be coaching any kind of defence at all, there's no set moves in attack, there's nothing. It's as though there isn't anything like a full staff of coached etc. Truly baffling that it could get to this stage.

• Advertisement

TUBBY wrote: »
    WE ARE midtable. If ya look at the lineup today, Swansea had as good a keeper, a far better back four and arguably a better striker.

6th is top 3rd

A better striker, who did nothing in the game. Don't talk silly.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

bad2dabone wrote: »
    Two more defeats to look forward to. I feel bad for brainwashing my kids to be gooners now!

And i just spent £88 for the united match..

swear down its like throwing money in the toilet.

im better off giving it to charity

That's a bit extreme, I remember when we finished 12th

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Sh*t game, deserved the result we got.

There is absolutely NOTHING any of us can say that hasn't already been said a thousand times here before.

Yawn fest watching arsenal these days

But who Soups, who's out there that we can get that's going to make us better. They are all tied up with the best clubs around. Do you want a manager of the ilk of David Moyes or Gary Monk as our manager?

That's just lazy. How do other clubs get managers and get success. That's the clubs job. The club is stale top to bottom , mediocre is acceptable throughout.

The club needs change so so much

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Go on then, enlighten me. Who out there is better? David Moyes :pac:? I'm far from happy with the current situation but binning Wenger in the middle of the season with nobody decent to come in is stupid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭yipeeeee

greendom wrote: »
    It's not fun on here atm but I feel that I have to continue posting as a balance to so much negativity.

The squad is really down to the bare bones atm and the next few weeks are going to be tough. Have a feeling the negativity will increase for a while.

Well come on??

Christ Tayto we've had worse years in the league then this you should know as you are elder gentleman :pac:, it's without Wenger's worst as a manager but not for Arsenal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Just gutted. No words really, its all been said countless times.

• Advertisement

A better striker, who did nothing in the game. Don't talk silly.

Do you dispute the back four too....

Over a season bony will score more than dw.

Carragher is right Ox offered zero protection

• Registered Users Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭omega man

efb wrote: »
    That's a bit extreme, I remember when we finished 12th

We didn't have a modern 60k seater stadium, huge commercial revenues and hundreds of millions worth of players then did we?? Different times, different standards.

That's just lazy. How do other clubs get managers and get success. That's the clubs job. The club is stale top to bottom , mediocre is acceptable throughout.

The club needs change so so much

We need the best money can get in management , Chelsea do it and so do Man Utd. What makes us different to get the best we can.

Then it will take that manager months every years to get it right, will the likes of you accept that. If you are making us out to be in total freefall.

Go on then, enlighten me. Who out there is better? David Moyes :pac:? I'm far from happy with the current situation but binning Wenger in the middle of the season with nobody decent to come in is stupid.

See response above, having fans in mass with your mentality will keep the club from pressurising change, luckily there aren't many.

How can you still defend Arsene how can you still think he is the best we can get?

omega man wrote: »
    We didn't have a modern 60k seater stadium, huge commercial revenues and hundreds of millions worth of players then did we?? Different times, different standards.

Neither did anyone else! We didn't have the debt of a modern stadium either

Do you dispute the back four too....

Over a season bony will score more than dw.

our defence is **** but I would have Welbeck over Bony, his workrate is amazing.

We need the best money can get in management , Chelsea do it and so do Man Utd. What makes us different to get the best we can.

Then it will take that manager months every years to get it right, will the likes of you accept that. If you are making us out to be in total freefall.

Van Gaal isn't setting the world alight, Jose did nothing last season

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

Gringo180 wrote: »
    Well Sanchez wouldn't have scored if not for Welbeck and didn't offer much else in the game tonight but I understand what you're getting at, just don't see the need to single out Welbeck who works his bollocks off each game. In fact, him, Sanchez and Chamberlain are probably the only 3 players who can walk off the field with some pride tonight. Gibs and Schezny weren't too bad either.

• Advertisement

our defence is **** but I would have Welbeck over Bony, his workrate is amazing.

I agree but he won't lead the line for a league winning team.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement