Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

efb wrote: »
    Proves my point tbf

You haven't proved any of your points, random comments and no substance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭Sheepy99

For all the worrying that's going on, Arsenal will definitely achieve at least a top 4 finish. Can't see them finishing any lower than that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Raf32 wrote: »
    No, it shows teams with less money can occasionally topple the bigger teams through excellent management, we havent for 10 years. It really disproves your point actually.

The German systems is run differently we were more successful that Chelsea last year so consistently theoney will succeed

Soups123 wrote: »
    You haven't proved any of your points, random comments and no substance.

The eye see what it wants to see

My biggest problem is the modern football fall seems to want instant success

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

The German systems is run differently we were more successful that Chelsea last year

Genuinely do you ever think Wenger will win the league again?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,428 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Well mine is seeing complete dross and a manager who is past his sell by date, is running out of excuses and who has lost the fans and it's only a matter of time until he loses the dressingroom.

Genuinely do you ever think Wenger will win the league again?

Not while Chelsea and City have that much money at their disposal no

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,117 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

10 would bring parity wouldn't it...

Are we just turned into glory hunters now...

That's like an argument a ten year old would make. :rolleyes:

Well mine is seeing complete dross and a manager who is past his sell by date, is running out of excuses and who has lost the fans and it's only a matter of time until he loses the dressingroom.

Wenger is complete dross? How many more managers have won the premier league more times than him?

Who is the most successful Arsenal manager???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭omega man

Well I want to see good football and to see us winning games and trophies but I'm not seeing that!

omega man wrote: »
    Well I want to see good football and to see us winning games and trophies but I'm not seeing that!

Every team can't win every trophy

Quazzie wrote: »
    That's like an argument a ten year old would make. :rolleyes:

No it's a logical answer

gunnerblog ‏@gunnerblog now4 seconds ago
    AW: "We were struggling on the right side but I had no experienced players [in that position] on the bench."

No faith in Bellerin so. Why did you loan Jenkinson so?

Every team can't win every trophy

Well winning trophies is part of arsenals rich history so I'm not concerned with other teams.

And another

We have a trophy (you seem to discount the CS) we are in the champions league, most fans would bite your arm off for that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,428 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Wenger is complete dross? How many more managers have won the premier league more times than him?

Who is the most successful Arsenal manager???

One FA Cup in 10 years.:confused:

We have a trophy (you seem to discount the CS) we are in the champions league, most fans would bite your arm off for that

Do you honestly regard the CS as a valid trophy?>

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

He doesnt fancy Bellerin or Campbell tbh. Jenkinson should be recalled straight away in January and have him and Debuchy at right back. Then we can move Chambers to backup centre back with Per. Then get a starting cb and dm and we are good to go. Thats what any right manager would do sadly.

genuinely wont be surprised if for some baffling reason, jenk isnt recalled

• Advertisement

Well winning trophies is part of arsenals rich history so I'm not concerned with other teams.

In the 17 years Arsene has been manager we won the league 3 times only twice in the previous 25

Do you honestly regard the CS as a valid trophy?>

Better than nothing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,592 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

Wenger would consider that a failure, he's here to win the league.

Arsenal do have the resources to win the league.

We signed two of the best players in the world in the last two seasons.

How many other teams in the league can say that?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

as far as i can see, you're the only one counting the Community Shield. It's simply embarrassing to label it as a trophy

1953-1991 4 titles
    1997 to how long to replay out rich history? 38 years! See you in 2025!

Wenger would consider that a failure, he's here to win the league.

Arsenal do have the resources to win the league.

We signed two of the best players in the world in the last two seasons.

How many other teams in the league can say that?

Are either in contention for the ballon d'or?

One FA Cup in 10 years.:confused:

2 in ten years

In the 17 years Arsene has been manager we won the league 3 times only twice in the previous 25

We all know wengers fantastic achievements but we're talking the here and now, not 10 years ago.

He has more than deserved the last number of years to bring us back to winning trophies but one FA cup isn't enough and his well earned credit is rapidly disappearing.

The last few years has tainted Arsenes reputation for many. For me he has been our greatest ever manager and did unreal at two very different periods. The first bringing us to the top, 7 cups in 8 years. The second moving us to the Emirates and keeping us competitive and keeping us in the champions league. And after years of nothing finally capturing the FA cup. And thats where it all should have ended for me. This summer turned myself and many others. We were a joke in the market, added Sanchez and replacements until we were forced into signing Welbeck with Girpuds injury (good signing imo). And now the way we have started this year is unacceptable. I dont trust him with the money (although he deserves it after all the tough years) and I dont trust him to build a capable squad to compliment his tactics (or lack of) to win the league again! His sheer incompetence to not sign a cb and dm are startling. The fact he wasnt even gonna sign a striker until Giroud went down is just scary and negligence tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Youd swear by your post that Arsenal were a struggling league 1 side with no billionaires of their own to run the club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 828 ✭✭✭TUBBY

I think any supporter can expect their players to give a sh1t. Looks like that cant be said about the current crop.
    that comes from Wenger. Winners demand better all the time.
    the players celebrate a goal to draw in the last min v Anderlecht as if they have won the CL. Come on. No wonder Sanchez is looking around thinking WTF.

Wenger was a revolutionary manager but his last ten years as a stand alone record is not outstanding and he is looking less and less like the manager with an appetite or desire to turn things round.

4th place = achievement now for how many years.

as for fans wanting instant success, i think we were all patient. There is money there now. No DM, No CB in window is inexcusable and price being paid now.

a LOI manager would have filled obvious gaps on a shoestring rather than having the bare bones at the back before a season kicks off. Surely that's not too much to ask from a manager.

and yea, the DM and CB gripe is going to be wheeled out after a loss. It was always going to bite him if we had a run like this. Making a rod to beat himself with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,592 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

Are either in contention for the ballon d'or?

What are you saying we need to be signing better players than Ozil and Sanchez to compete with Chelsea?

1953-1991 4 titles
    1997 to how long to replay out rich history? 38 years! See you in 2025!

so you'd be happy not winning the league till 2025?

We all know wengers fantastic achievements but we're talking the here and now, not 10 years ago.

He has more than deserved the last number of years to bring us back to winning trophies but one FA cup isn't enough and his well earned credit is rapidly disappearing.

So you are only concerned with the immediate? Rome wasn't built in a day.

We invested heavily in our stadium it will take a lot to catch up with city and Chelsea

I wouldnt view it as an abysmal failure if we didn't

• Advertisement

Only if we can somehow squeeze a few Emirate Cup wins in between.

Soups123 wrote: »
    Only if we can somehow squeeze a few Emirate Cup wins in between.

Who mentioned them???

Who mentioned them???

Me, just there

TUBBY wrote: »
    I think any supporter can expect their players to give a sh1t. Looks like that cant be said about the current crop.
    that comes from Wenger. Winners demand better all the time.
    the players celebrate a goal to draw in the last min v Anderlecht as if they have won the CL. Come on. No wonder Sanchez is looking around thinking WTF.

Wenger was a revolutionary manager but his last ten years as a stand alone record is not outstanding and he is looking less and less like the manager with an appetite or desire to turn things round.

4th place = achievement now for how many years.

as for fans wanting instant success, i think we were all patient. There is money there now. No DM, No CB in window is inexcusable and price being paid now.

a LOI manager would have filled obvious gaps on a shoestring rather than having the bare bones at the back before a season kicks off. Surely that's not too much to ask from a manager.

and yea, the DM and CB gripe is going to be wheeled out after a loss. It was always going to bite him if we had a run like this. Making a rod to beat himself with.

How do you know he hadn't been trying to sign them???

Why would players come to arsenal ahead of city Chelsea etc...

What are you saying we need to be signing better players than Ozil and Sanchez to compete with Chelsea?

They are the only two that would get into Chelsea side atm that's 9v2

• Advertisement

Kos definitely would.

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Youd swear by your post that Arsenal were a struggling league 1 side with no billionaires of their own to run the club.

They are not sugar daddies

Kos definitely would.

He's injured Wenger didn't have him today or against Anderlecht I would say the results would have been different had he played

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Ozil wouldnt.

Sanchez yes, Kosclieny too and Ramsey would be close.

I wouldnt view it as an abysmal failure if we didn't

Per, that you??!!

Seriously I think you're trolling us for the laugh to cheer yourself up over your depression over arsenal!!

Ozil wouldnt.

Where would Chelsea play Ramsey??

Per, that you??!!

Seriously I think you're trolling us for the laugh to cheer yourself up over your depression over arsenal!!

I suffer from depression in life, not caused by arsenal btw, and I don't think things are as bad as some here do

Ozil wouldnt.

You would take oscar over Ozil? Genuinely just asking.

Mert is diliousonal I wouldn't have him in my first team if we had a better cb

I suffer from depression in life, not caused by arsenal btw, and I don't think things are as bad as some here do

You didn't say you weren't trolling then ;-)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement