Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

Tactics were not good enough.
    Break aways we looked vaguely like we knew what we were doing but when Chelsea had men behind the ball we had no ideas. Anytime we got into the box we ended up facing our own goal.

Chelsea had a Matic and a pressing game which we seem to be unable to deal with. It's nothing knew though. Mourinho has done this against us for years and we never cope. Mert and Kos getting beaten for the second goal was a bit embarrassing too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭omega man

You can play well and not get the points

Or do you not realise that

We did neither.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Yup. Hate to say I told yous so. But not really. :P

I turned the minute the window closed. Werent even set up to challenge for a league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

You can play well every game and finish tenth in the league you do realise football is a results based game yea?

It's a while since that actually happened with Arsenal though. Brutal against Dortmund, brutal today. Even in the draws we were awful for more than half the match against Everton, the City game was a bit of craic, the Leicester game was terrible, and against the worst Spurs side in years we were static and didn't exactly impress.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

You can play well every game and finish tenth in the league you do realise football is a results based game yea?

I do

Wouldn't be crying over loosing away to chelsea though, like a lot are doing

The sad thing is anyone would have seen this coming. Yet some here were took up for voicing the obvious.

Raf32 wrote: »
    I turned the minute the window closed. Werent even set up to challenge for a league.
    The transfers were a joke. Ship out a CB and 2 RBs and get in one RB and one who can play in either position. Not signing a DM. Welbeck being the wildcard at the end.
    Ugh, same ol' ****.

It's a while since that actually happened with Arsenal though. Brutal against Dortmund, brutal today. Even in the draws we were awful for more than half the match against Everton, the City game was a bit of craic, the Leicester game was terrible, and against the worst Spurs side in years we were static and didn't exactly impress.

I don't think we were brutal today

Thought we played pretty good

Just beat by the better team

Wint throw my toys out of the pram over that

The transfers were a joke. Ship out a CB and 2 RBs and get in one RB and one who can play in either position. Not signing a DM. Welbeck being the wildcard at the end.
    Ugh, same ol' ****.

Didnt sign what we needed. Same old excuses but there are none anymore. Wenger will never see the top 2 again, dont mind any chance of winning it.

• Advertisement

I do

Wouldn't be crying over loosing away to chelsea though, like a lot are doing

Look if you can find positives over loosing 2-0 and barely threatening the opposition keeper whilst being 7th in the league then I salute you.

But it says a lot about your expectations of this Arsenal side.

There's no point arguing with you if you think today was a good performance.

Didnt sign what we needed. Same old excuses but there are none anymore. Wenger will never see the top 2 again, dont mind any chance of winning it.
    I'm not even criticising the players who were signed either, before someone decides to jump down my throat for that. :P

Look if you can find positives over loosing 2-0 and barely threatening the opposition keeper

Barely threatening!? We left him bleeding from his ear! :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

It was better than last year, but nowhere near the performance the club needed. Not blaming the players on this one though. Really feel it was tactics today that let us down.

HazDanz wrote: »
    It was better than last year, but nowhere near the performance the club needed. Not blaming the players on this one though. Really feel it was tactics today that let us down.

What tactics would you have liked to have seen?

What tactics would you have liked to have seen?

Where our best player plays in his best position would be a start for me. Playing Ozil out the left because we have to stack the midfield due to Wengers deficiencies in the market in not getting a DM.

Tactics today should've been to park the bus.

Where our best player plays in his best position would be a start for me. Playing Ozil out the left because we have to stack the midfield due to Wengers deficiencies in the market in not getting a DM.

I don't no cazorla was very good in the middle

I think the big call was maybe drop Ozil for ox maybe

• Advertisement

I don't no cazorla was very good in the middle

I think the big call was maybe drop Ozil for ox maybe

Agreed. As a #10 or not at all. Wenger has lost it imo, doesnt know his best team still.

Sure fcuk it we should all be delighted sure we've won 2 of our 7 league games this year get the fcuk in :pac:.

Sure were 6 points off relegation zone keep this up and well be safe by January.

Chris Wheatley ‏@GoonerTalk 1m1 minute ago
    Wenger: "It was a very even game. They have a big financial power & their individual players who can make a difference made a difference."

No need to say that. Great with the excuses.

Agreed. As a #10 or not at all. Wenger has lost it imo, doesnt know his best team still.

I agree he is trying to fit everyone in to the team

We got 72 points last year with a good formation

We should stick with it and drop some players to the bench

Sure fcuk it we should all be delighted sure we've won 2 of our 7 league games this year get the fcuk in :pac:.

Sure were 6 points off relegation zone keep this up and well be safe by January.

Be positive Marty, we have only lost once this season. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭king Henry 14

ARSENAL DEFENCE: VULNERABLE.
    ARSENAL MIDFIELD: WEAK.
    ARSENAL ATTACK: PREDICTABLE.
    ARSENAL MANAGER: TACTICALLY POOR.
    Mix these ingredients together and the result is another season of inconsistency with a huge struggle for 4th place ahead and an fa cup run our only chance of success. Not good enough.

• Advertisement

I agree he is trying to fit everyone in to the team

We got 72 points last year with a good formation

We should stick with it and drop some players to the bench

We will probably get around the same again and come fourth. Had enough at this stage.

Chris Wheatley ‏@GoonerTalk 1m1 minute ago
    Wenger: "It was a very even game. They have a big financial power & their individual players who can make a difference made a difference."

No need to say that. Great with the excuses.

Woeful to be honest. As shown earlier wage bill isn't massive compared to ours and we have spent big the last two windows.

Don't we or shouldn't we have the individual players who can make a difference after all the money we have spent?

Tripe from Wenger should have left it at it was an even game.

We will probably get around the same again and come fourth. Had enough at this stage.

3rd I want

We're still behind, city and chelsea

When we decide to push on and chase the game

We should take Mert off and put on an attavker

Cause once we push on he is redundant

3rd I want

We're still behind, city and chelsea

But why are we settling for third? It would be a great achievement with how short he has left us but why were we left short?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,661 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

With a proper DM, Hazard wouldn't have been allowed to stroll into the box the way he did. A good DM in that position either comes away with the ball or takes the man out. You can be sure if the roles were reversed and it was Sanchez running at them, he wouldn't have been allowed to get that far.

But why are we settling for third? It would be a great achievement with how short he has left us but why were we left short?

Not settling for it at all

Just think that's where we will finish

Even with a proper DM and striker

First or third would be debate
    (No excuse for not strengtheing though)

Not settling for it at all

Just think that's where we will finish

Even with a proper DM and striker

First or third would be debate
    (No excuse for not strengtheing though)

If we strengthened and put up a good fight and came third, i could accept that. Not this tripe being constantly served up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

ARSENAL DEFENCE: VULNERABLE.
    ARSENAL MIDFIELD: WEAK.
    ARSENAL ATTACK: PREDICTABLE.
    ARSENAL MANAGER: TACTICALLY POOR.
    Mix these ingredients together and the result is another season of inconsistency with a huge struggle for 4th place ahead and an fa cup run our only chance of success. Not good enough.

We are out of the league race very early this season and can concentrate on our usual chance of a prize, fourth place. It will be much harder this season because we have been playing poorly and the side have little or no confidence.
    We will go out of the CL too at the usual stage.
    We should now be trying to get a settled formation and a few wins under our belt in the league and maybe get a cup run going too.
    It's all we can hope for under this regime.

If we strengthened and put up a good fight and came third, i could accept that. Not this tripe being constantly served up.

Only 7 games in, we might put up a good fight yet

That's chelsea, City, everton, and Spurs out of the way

And we havent beat any of them. We are spineless.

Yea but your forgetting how many points we dropped in all of those games not good enough.

Not managing to win even one of the games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Wont get any better as long as Wenger is in charge. But nobody has the bottle to fire him. I know if it was my club, i'm not sure I would have the courage to sack him, even though its needed.

He's basically untouchable. It's just a case of when he decides to retire.

Yea but your forgetting how many points we dropped in all of those games not good enough.

Not managing to win even one of the games.

The Spurs and City game bother me, not the other two

But there out of the way, we have an easier run coming up if we can start racking up points we will find ourselfs back in the mix

If your on your phone, how do Ya use the ignore function?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Wow. Im as disappointed as anybody today. But jaysus anytime a result doesnt go our way the knives are out for Wenger. Pathetic from our fans. On paper Chelsea are better than us, a moment of magic won it for them and they scored on a counter attack when we were chasing the game. Were not far off lads yous just have to have patience, were 1 or 2 additions to been back as league winners.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,661 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Gringo180 wrote: »
    were 1 or 2 additions to been back as league winners.

Why weren't these additions made during the summer though? When will they be made? Keep hearing we're a couple of players away but they never get signed...

Wow. Im as disappointed as anybody today. But jaysus anytime a result doesnt go our way the knives are out for Wenger. Pathetic from our fans. On paper Chelsea are better than us, a moment of magic won it for them and they scored on a counter attack when we were chasing the game. Were not far off lads yous just have to have patience, were 1 or 2 additions to been back as league winners.

10 years and we have no patience? But we are always short a couple of players. Same story, different season, people including myself have had enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

The Spurs and City game bother me, not the other two

But there out of the way, we have an easier run coming up if we can start racking up points we will find ourselfs back in the mix

We've only won 2 games this season. I've no confidence at all in us beating these sold called weaker teams. And it's only papering over the cracks because as soon as we face a big team again it'll be the same old rubbish. I didn't see the game today but from what I've read it sounds like the same old story.

I said in the summer Wenger should walk away on a high and I stand by that. We're going nowhere. He referenced Chelsea's financial power after the game. It's laughable. He's not stupid but comments like that make me think he's lost it. We've £150m in the bank and no DMF and only two senior centre halves at the club. Can he not see where he's going wrong?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭omega man

10 years and we have no patience? But we are always short a couple of players. Same story, different season, people including myself have had enough.

This. I can only assume some people in here are only supporting arsenal for couple of years. The last 10 years have been tough to stomach. It seems right now that the light at the end of the tunnel was a train coming at us!

I think that last transfer window has finally made up the majority of peoples minds about the manager. I was unsure beforehand like many others were.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Wow. Im as disappointed as anybody today. But jaysus anytime a result doesnt go our way the knives are out for Wenger. Pathetic from our fans. On paper Chelsea are better than us, a moment of magic won it for them and they scored on a counter attack when we were chasing the game. Were not far off lads yous just have to have patience, were 1 or 2 additions to been back as league winners.[/QUOTE]

Ah wise up. We've been only "1 or 2 players away" for about 6 seasons now. There comes a time where you have to say enough is enough.

7 games in and people want the manager gone madness

keano_afc wrote: »
    We've only won 2 games this season. I've no confidence at all in us beating these sold called weaker teams. And it's only papering over the cracks because as soon as we face a big team again it'll be the same old rubbish. I didn't see the game today but from what I've read it sounds like the same old story.

I said in the summer Wenger should walk away on a high and I stand by that. We're going nowhere. He referenced Chelsea's financial power after the game. It's laughable. He's not stupid but comments like that make me think he's lost it. We've £150m in the bank and no DMF and only two senior centre halves at the club. Can he not see where he's going wrong?

I wanted him to stay on, I can see why people wanted him to leave on a high

I guess we will no in may if he done the right thing or not

• Advertisement

7 games in and people want the manager gone madness

A lot have wanted him gone for some time now. The summer was negligence, i cant get over how bad it was.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement