Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Arteta would be in front of them. Until Jan it'll have to do.

Can't see him buying in January.

Squad will be getting a player or two back from injury :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,389 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

I wont be backing a 0-0 draw thats for sure.

United have conceded 2 goals in 3 games :p

Problem is they've only scored 2 as well :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

Can't see him buying in January.

Squad will be getting a player or two back from injury :(

If the results don't go his way then he will have to buy, but if their is a turn around he won't. He needs a world class centre back and top class defensive midfielder, simple as. Getting 4th isn't going to please anyone anymore.

The sad thing out of this is watching Arsenal Fan TV is the Fan's talking about in fighting between Pro and Anti Wenger in the crowd, that's the worrying thing for me. Our Fan's are so split even on here its spoiled things really but you can't sit back and accept this cause its really looking bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

I don't think it's an even split Looper I think it's about 70/30 anti Arsene at present. There 'll be a few swingers in there but unless things improve then it 'll be a lot more very quickly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

If we all held the same opinion we'd be mindless drones #InArseneWeTrust

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,118 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

efb wrote: »
    #InArseneWeRust
    FYP

Quazzie wrote: »
    FYP

#Yawn

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Paj

I admire your loyalty EFB but i think it's misplaced.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Things are looking bad at the moment, but there is still chance to turn things around. Koscielny can't come back soon enough - not the answer to all our problems but Monreal just isn't up to centre back, hard has he tries. We wouldn't have lost yesterday had Kos been there, that's for sure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

When Kos and Debuchy are back I think Id move Chambers to cb and drop Per.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

Raf32 wrote: »
    When Kos and Debuchy are back I think Id move Chambers to cb and drop Per.

I have to say I wouldn't mind that either, based on current form.

I kinda felt sorry for Monreal yesterday. Granted, he did bad on the second goal, just that quite often he had to cover for 3, as the people to his right were not there. . .

On changing manager: I am definitely against changing a manager mid season - and I would be very worried if a manager that already works somewhere would jump ship mid season to come to Arsenal. I would expect though that the board start looking at options for next summer, so they have plan b if things go really bad. Highly doubt it though, plan b is something we are not good at in this club.

And, I wouldn't hold my breath that we gonna sign anybody of significance in January.

Soups123 wrote: »
    I don't think it's an even split Looper I think it's about 70/30 anti Arsene at present. There 'll be a few swingers in there but unless things improve then it 'll be a lot more very quickly

I don't think it is Soups to be fair. Wenger stills has a lot of supporters.

But the thing a lot of the Anti Wenger side have to take on board is Wenger won't quit and seen how much power he has at our club, you will have to expect another two years with the man. No matter where we finish.

I want him gone cause he's going to leave a lot more damage the longer he stays. I can't see Ozil or Sanchez even Ramsey or Walcott sticking around too much longer. If this goes on for another two years. His stubbornness (why oh why didn't he sort out the defence in the summer still boggles the mind) and his lack of fight on the sideline annoy the hell out of me. He's far too comfortable for my liking.

But I see him sticking around.

greendom wrote: »
    Things are looking bad at the moment, but there is still chance to turn things around. Koscielny can't come back soon enough - not the answer to all our problems but Monreal just isn't up to centre back, hard has he tries. We wouldn't have lost yesterday had Kos been there, that's for sure.

I think even getting Debuchy back and pushing Chambers into CB position would be a step up. Get poor Monreal out of there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,428 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Soups123 wrote: »
    That is shocking 6 players ahead of the ball and our left back in the DM position, exact same as the 3rd goal against Anderlecht

Exactly why I have been saying that not buying a proper DM before the start of the season was criminal.
    A good DM would have plugged that gap between the front and the defence by staying on the half-way line and cutting out anything coming through the middle.

The fact that Wenger could not see that or rely on what we had is mystifying.

6,615 games in charge and we are now worse than when he arrived.

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭king Henry 14

A season that gets worse with each match. A team devoid of direction leadership and motivation. And the buck stops at wengers door. If Wenger loves the club as much as he says then he should accept that he's not up to the job anymore, tell the club he will stay until the end of the season and let the search for his successor begin. Wengers reputation and all the great work he has done through the years is being ripped to shreds and the club is suffering under his leadership. My fear is that wengers stubbornness and refusal to accept any blame for the shambles he has created will see him plod along and the club will never move on to a new era. In every walk of life young blood takes over from the older generation and creates new life and new vibrancy, excitement and entertainment. I have loved Wenger for years for what he has done for arsenal but he needs to do the right thing now, which is move aside and let the club grow under a new regime.
    COYG.

• Advertisement

Exactly why I have been saying that not buying a proper DM before the start of the season was criminal.
    A good DM would have plugged that gap between the front and the defence by staying on the half-way line and cutting out anything coming through the middle.

The fact that Wenger could not see that or rely on what we had is mystifying.

6,615 games in charge and we are now worse than when he arrived.

I don't believe we are worse than when he arrived

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,428 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

I don't believe we are worse than when he arrived

I do.
    Here's a good article on motivation from him today too --
    http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11668/9559041/wenger-believes-no-one-can-challenge-chelsea-for-the-title

maybe we should do a poll

I don't

That's a damned if you do, damned if you don't response if ever I saw one.

If he had said that we were still in the hunt for the title, the response would have been that he was delusional, and shying away from the facts. Anyway what he says to the press has 0% connection with what he says to his players and how he motivates them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Ken Shamrock

greendom wrote: »
    That's a damned if you do, damned if you don't response if ever I saw one.

If he had said that we were still in the hunt for the title, the response would have been that he was delusional, and shying away from the facts. Anyway what he says to the press has 0% connection with what he says to his players and how he motivates them.

Well he doesn't do a good job of that either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭omega man

I don't even want to listen to him anymore, same rubbish time and time again. Used to worship the man.

Heaps all the pressure on Chelsea though

omega man wrote: »
    I don't even want to listen to him anymore, same rubbish time and time again. Used to worship the man.

Maybe we need hero worship and more an appreciation of the job he has

Are you trolling or wats the craic?

Ask Henry Bergkamp Pires Viera Ljunberg- they will tell you what they think of him

• Registered Users Posts: 1,533 ✭✭✭Colonialboy

I blame the French Football Federation and Ligue 1 .... its all their fault.
    They need to get the finger out, how long more do we have to wait for a decent DM and striker to come thru the French youth system so Arsene can buy him. :rolleyes:

On the plus side at least you can discuss Wengers failings openly now on this forum, for the last few years the majority were stuck on a river in Egypt (denial).

I dont think the season is lost just yet, I think we are in the midst of a shift in the PL. I think there will be alot more 'upsets', I think the mid table and even bottom half teams are playing to a much higher standard and generally capable of getting a result from any of the top teams if the lesser team plays to their full potential.
    Arsene needs to recognise that , you know what at 1-1 late in the game away to Swansea on rainy day , maybe a point will do.

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Paj

he's a legend of the club.

but how can you argue that his stubbornness, in-game management and transfer policy is good for the club right now?

he's not the same manager he once was.

Ask Henry Bergkamp Pires Viera Ljunberg- they will tell you what they think of him

omg more living in the past BS. Ask our trophy cabinet what it thinks of him, no doubt he was great for the first 7-8 years but we're not there anymore get with the times and open your eyes.

omg more living in the past BS. Ask our trophy cabinet what it thinks of him, no doubt he was great for the first 7-8 years but we're not there anymore get with the times and open your eyes.

We have just won the FA cup, always qualified for UCL and gotten out of the group, how many oje clubs did that.

It's very difficult to compete with the largesse of City and Chelsea's owners

You could ask the current players too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Yeah thats relevant, might as well ask Merson, Smith, Thomas and O'Leary what they think of George Graham.

I'm actually enjoying all your responses efb. I havent seen you post here as much as you have since yesterday! Still think you are trolling us but what the heck it makes for a more interesting thread. When you finally break I'll know the game is up for wenger ;-)

keano_afc wrote: »
    Yeah thats relevant, might as well ask Merson, Smith, Thomas and O'Leary what they think of George Graham.

The players I lised are s cut above (and in merson' scale two cuts) who you named

Graham was a very good manager too btw

We have just won the FA cup, always qualified for UCL and gotten out of the group, how many oje clubs did that.

It's very difficult to compete with the largesse of City and Chelsea's owners

Yes 1 FA Cup in 10 years woohoo. Yeah i love qualifying and being destroyed every year, it's a great accomplishment but it is not good enough for Arsenal. Liverpool don't qualify every year bu they still won the fecking thing. We never have.

Don't give me that crap, Athletico Madrid won La Liga last year...

Yes 1 FA Cup in 10 years woohoo. Yeah i love qualifying and being destroyed every year, it's a great accomplishment but it is not good enough for Arsenal. Liverpool don't qualify every year bu they still won the fecking thing. We never have.

2 in 10

2 in 10

Apologies how could i forget. So what about the rest of the post?

Would you rather have liverpools record during the Wenger era or Arsenal's???

Athletico was once in how long...,

I'm actually enjoying all your responses efb. I havent seen you post here as much as you have since yesterday! Still think you are trolling us but what the heck it makes for a more interesting thread. When you finally break I'll know the game is up for wenger ;-)

I post frequently enough I'm just defending Wenger. He deserves better.

• Advertisement

Would you rather have liverpools record during the Wenger era or Arsenal's???

There are 2 Wenger Era's there's 97-05 and there's 06-14 They are quite different.

There are 2 Wenger Era's there's 97-05 and there's 06-14 They are quite different.

He was continuously manager or are you splitting it to suit your argument???

He was continuously manager

That's the problem.

That's the problem.

Not for me

Not for me

So what do you think has gone wrong?

So what do you think has gone wrong?

Other teams vastly improved their squads with money they had available while we couldn't

• Advertisement

yes during that 2nd period he was carrying a rather large stadium on his shoulders. Yes things should start to improve now the debt is reduced but to have expected the same in that second period is quite delusional

Other teams vastly improved their squads with money they had available while we couldn't

BS

BS

Please elaborate???

This has a baring I'll accept but that doesn't explain how our own team has under-performed consistently over the last number of years, particularly this season so far.

This has a baring I'll accept but that doesn't explain how our own team has under-performed consistently over the last number of years, particularly this season so far.

Under performed in what respect? 4th place FA cup winners and UCL last 16 is performing to me

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement