Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Who gives a sh1t how little money he spends compared to City or Chelsea, we still come 4th and go trophyless every year with the exception of two, he still buys sh1t players and stick's by them he still loses his best players he still waits till the 80-90 minute mark to make subs he still ignores the lack of depth in positions he still sticks with the same sh1tty tactics that get us squashed by the big teams etc etc the list goes on, his time is up, we got 4th yay now lets move forward and not backwards.

He doesn't just buy shít players, every team buy players that don't work out. Look at Robben at Chelsea

Not extreme at all, you said that the player is more at fault than the manager and I disagreed. Both are responsible but I think the manager should shoulder most of the blame.

That's the first time I've seen you say they should share the blame, unless you want the correct me and I'll retract

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,665 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

efb wrote: »
    That's the first time I've seen you say they should share the blame, unless you want the correct me and I'll retract

I've already said in previous posts that there's nobody on the pitch that has the leadership or intelligence to affect games and while that's the players' fault, Wenger is responsible for these players being on the pitch. If you're a manager in any walk of life and are unable to ensure that your staff do their jobs, then you will be given the boot. Football should be no different.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Ken Shamrock

Will £20m be enough to sign a top top experienced defender in January? I believe yes. Grimandi is only 44 today.

Do I let Steve Bould coach the defence? Look, it is unacceptable and farcical to ask that. I don't know Steve Bould.

Wengerknowsbest on twitter so funny! Should pick up his book too if you want a few laughs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭symbolic

If you're a manager in any walk of life and are unable to ensure that your staff do their jobs, then you will be given the boot.

That's not true. If some of my staff don't do their job it's not necessarily my fault and I'll be moving on my staff.

If I couldn't get any staff ever to do any work then people will start to look at me.

symbolic wrote: »
    That's not true. If some of my staff don't do their job it's not necessarily my fault and I'll be moving on my staff.

If I couldn't get any staff ever to do any work then people will start to look at me.

You'll be moving on your staff, that doesn't happen at Arsenal, we seem to only move on our best fcuking players.

Ah come on, your saying unless the team refuses to play then Wenger is fine?

You'll be moving on your staff, that doesn't happen at Arsenal, we seem to only move on our best fcuking players.

Ah come on, your saying unless the team refuses to play then Wenger is fine?

Ha I just meant just because some of my staff aren't doing their work, it doesn't mean I'll be given the boot. It's not how it works.

Ha I just meant just because some of my staff aren't doing their work, it doesn't mean I'll be given the boot. It's not how it works.

Yeah i get it, but they are your responsibility if your workers aren't working you make them work, if they refuse you let them go, and more importantly you learn not to hire/sign similar people who will not work.

The point that was being made was that Wenger was not instructing his players to work properly, managerial neglect, which if you did such a thing in work, you'd no doubt be fired.

Yeah i get it, but they are your responsibility if your workers aren't working you make them work, if they refuse you let them go, and more importantly you learn not to hire/sign similar people who will not work.

The point that was being made was that Wenger was not instructing his players to work properly, managerial neglect, which if you did such a thing in work, you'd no doubt be fired.

Trust me if I was as good a manager as Arsene Wenger I'd be making millions a year.

Trust me if I was as good a manager as Arsene Wenger I'd be making millions a year.

Take away Wenger's past and pretend he's a new manager, how would you rate him so far this year ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Take away Wenger's past and pretend he's a new manager, how would you rate him so far this year ?

Too early to judge, it'll be some knee jerk to get rid now and he's been pretty unlucky with injuries

What does that serve?

greendom wrote: »
    Too early to judge, it'll be some knee jerk to get rid now and he's been pretty unlucky with injuries

Not really, injuries are part of the game, Arsenal are no strangers to them and yet cover is never there despite this fact.

What does that serve?

It's a question, it wasn't directed at you, feel free to answer it tho.

To be honest I'd have to imagine he is a good manager if Sanchez made the move in the summer to play for him.

If like people say that Sanchez will move in January then I'd have to accept that there is something wrong.

If Ozil ups and leaves and Walcott etc.. You're big players.. Then I'd have to stand up and say he can't do what he wants to do. I.e play that attractive football. I'd find it hard to believe that those players choose to play for a tactically inept and incompetent manager. But maybe they do?

I dunno if that makes sense or answers your question Haha.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,410 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Judging this season as a failure already is silly, fair enough to say its been awful so far but rewind to this time last year we were top of the league yet the season as a whole was a disappointing apart from the FA cup. This season is looking likely to be failure but it isn't one yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Not really, injuries are part of the game, Arsenal are no strangers to them and yet cover is never there despite this fact.

It's still too early to make a judgement though, that's the bottom line, the injuries are incidental but still relevant.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Judging this season as a failure already is silly, fair enough to say its been awful so far but rewind to this time last year we were top of the league yet the season as a whole was a disappointing apart from the FA cup. This season is looking likely to be failure but it isn't one yet.

Last season it was great being on top for so long, and the FA cup was great foe us too, it is extremely hard to see how this season could possibly be a bigger success?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Roddy23

Who gives a sh1t how little money he spends compared to City or Chelsea, we still come 4th and go trophyless every year with the exception of two, he still buys sh1t players and stick's by them he still loses his best players he still waits till the 80-90 minute mark to make subs he still ignores the lack of depth in positions he still sticks with the same sh1tty tactics that get us squashed by the big teams etc etc the list goes on, his time is up, we got 4th yay now lets move forward and not backwards.

Jesus Christ mate we get that you're angry about the current season. I don't think there's many Arsenal fans around who think its been a garden of roses so far. But there Is so much wrong with that post I don't know where to start. Sorry to see the state of this thread in recent weeks. Nobody is happy about our season so far, but we need to start performing sooner rather than later and make a decision come the end of the season regarding the manager and where we go from there. Getting rid of the manager now would be the worst thing that can happen.

• Advertisement

Roddy23 wrote: »
    Jesus Christ mate we get that you're angry about the current season. I don't think there's many Arsenal fans around who think its been a garden of roses so far. But there Is so much wrong with that post I don't know where to start. Sorry to see the state of this thread in recent weeks. Nobody is happy about our season so far, but we need to start performing sooner rather than later and make a decision come the end of the season regarding the manager and where we go from there. Getting rid of the manager now would be the worst thing that can happen.

Why the Jesus Christ? Everything i said is true? I never once said Wenger needs to go NOW either, end of the season is fine but he could at least improve in Jan and leave whoever is taking over with a good balanced squad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,428 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Rozza and Pod could be looking to get out in January by the quotes being banded about. Not massive losses to be fair, free up some wages. Anyone like the look of Laporte kid in Spain?

Raf32 wrote: »
    Rozza and Pod could be looking to get out in January by the quotes being banded about. Not massive losses to be fair, free up some wages. Anyone like the look of Laporte kid in Spain?

Pod get rid, on too much dosh anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,416 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Ive thought they are both ringers to leave, gutted as I really like both but neither is getting much game time and I wouldn't blame them. I can see them both leaving and hopefully at least 2 coming in, DMF and CH. Would also like a LW as I think we lack a balance out there. Would only be bothered with a CF if he's a top player and a vast improvement on what we have.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Pod get rid, on too much dosh anyway

He's on something like 100K!!

Crazy money in hindsight.

• Advertisement

That is awful journalism...

I wrote an article too:

Staff members happy with Wenger's Tactics. And I too have no quotes.

If it was Jeremy Wilson I would believe it, dont rate Matt Law at all.

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    He's on something like 100K!!

Crazy money in hindsight.

Move him to social media staff

• Registered Users Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭omega man

If it was Jeremy Wilson I would believe it, dont rate Matt Law at all.

It is though, well both of them.

omega man wrote: »
    It is though, well both of them.

Sorry I read it earlier and it just had Law's name on it. Very worrying now tbh, Wilson is usually spot on. Could we see someone like Bouldy walk?

• Advertisement

I see Arteta supposedly signed a one year deal and with Flamini another year to run, do we genuinely have to wait until summer of 2016 for a DM?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

I don't understand it when people say things like "this thread has gone to ****" and similar statements purely because people are critical and not happy with the state of things. Some of the comments are hyperbolic but the frustration for fans has reached fever pitch and we're all perfectly entitled to say whatever we like on this forum. Personally, i am just totally disillusioned. Some people say look at the state of Utd or Liverpool but im not particularly interested in other club. We're in a plateau right now I think. I've Been a supporter of wenger from day one and will always respect the man for what he has given us.
    Change isn't coming for some time, we all know that. A younger, hungrier manager will bring energy and vibrancy back. The collective spinelessness of the group is staggering and for A man who was once so charming, charismatic and widely lauded as a visionary, wengers interviews and comments are now mainly bizarre, ridiculous, deluded and nonsensical. Who knows how the rest of the season will pan out but it's the manner in which things have happened which irks. Same issues, same problems, same mentality.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭omega man

I don't understand it when people say things like "this thread has gone to ****" and similar statements purely because people are critical and not happy with the state of things. Some of the comments are hyperbolic but the frustration for fans has reached fever pitch and we're all perfectly entitled to say whatever we like on this forum. Personally, i am just totally disillusioned. Some people say look at the state of Utd or Liverpool but im not particularly interested in other club. We're in a plateau right now I think. I've Been a supporter of wenger from day one and will always respect the man for what he has given us.
    Change isn't coming for some time, we all know that. A younger, hungrier manager will bring energy and vibrancy back. The collective spinelessness of the group is staggering and for A man who was once so charming, charismatic and widely lauded as a visionary, wengers interviews and comments are now mainly bizarre, ridiculous, deluded and nonsensical. Who knows how the rest of the season will pan out but it's the manner in which things have happened which irks. Same issues, same problems, same mentality.

This thread is very tame and fairly balanced compared to some of the dedicated arsenal website/forums such as goonersworld (wenger out thread etc.). Arsenal mania has been down since Sunday, perhaps due to an overload of hits! Arsenal fans are divided everywhere, even the hardcore away game travelling supporters were at each other on Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Agreed some think those who criticise are not 'real' fans, call them out as hyperbolling and think the toys have been thrown out if the pram.

Yet most gunner fans have been the most patient of all. It's reassuring to come in and see others think similar!

I like to read both sides of the argument it's been very good read in here in the most part since last Tuesday

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

Once the comments are not insulting I like reading the debate

Good points for him staying and going and I wouksnt go calling either side stupid names

Everyone is entitled to there opinion, who am I to say who is right or wrong

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,276 ✭✭✭batistuta9

why was the wenger thread closed?

While I do think its time for a change, the abuse for Wenger on twitter is disgraceful. I see they are planning a march, I really dont want to see that, he may not be up to it anymore but the man deserves some respect.

batistuta9 wrote: »
    why was the wenger thread closed?

No idea it was just shut no explanation

While I do think its time for a change, the abuse for Wenger on twitter is disgraceful. I see they are planning a march, I really dont want to see that, he may not be up to it anymore but the man deserves some respect.

Indeed but the longer he stays and the worse the results the abuse will only get worse. He worked wonders for the club but should really pack it in at the end of the season.

No idea it was just shut no explanation

It was not fit for purpose as long as non-Arsenal fans had a vote.
    Reminded me of the Moyes thing at United.

• Advertisement

Indeed but the longer he stays and the worse the results the abuse will only get worse. He worked wonders for the club but should really pack it in at the end of the season.

Yup agreed, would be lovely to see him go out a winner, he really should have gone last summer. How he deserved to go, not squeezed out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Thats shocking carry on the man doesnt deserve that he has given his career for the benefit of the future of our club, he will always be an absolute legend in my eyes and when he does leave I will be devastated!

Totally agree, it's also a bit to soon for it getting to that level. He deserves a minimum to see the season out and make the decision himself to go

Lets all hope he goes mad in January and signs what we need. If he just did the minimum Id never want him to go.

Lets all hope he goes mad in January and signs what we need. If he just did the minimum Id never want him to go.

And downloads a few tactics from Google or buys a beginners book from easons :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

I would love it if we somehow went onto win the champions lge this season, id take a week off work and go on the lash in celebration :D

Soups123 wrote: »
    And downloads a few tactics from Google or buys a beginners book from easons :)

Then he can dither all he wants as far as im concerned :)

Gringo180 wrote: »
    I would love it if we somehow went onto win the champions lge this season, id take a week off work and go on the lash in celebration :D

Straight over to London! imagine if he left then after all this :pac:

Gringo180 wrote: »

If that happens I'll pay your way Gringo.

PS

I have no money but won't need it anyway :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,665 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Straight over to London! imagine if he left then after all this :pac:

Maybe that's his plan. Lull us all into this idea that he's finished but then he goes out and buys Hummels and Khedira in January and they win us the CL! :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement