Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

Raf32 wrote: »
    A lot have wanted him gone for some time now. The summer was negligence, i cant get over how bad it was.

We can judge in May if it was or not

7 games in I don't think is right to judge

• Registered Users Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭omega man

God wenger himself keeps telling everyone to judge him at the end of the season but that's been the case for many a season now. It's getting tedious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

We will make a late surge into fourth. This place will be bursting with positivity and how we will get the right players in, next year will be our year.

7 games in and people want the manager gone madness

Its not just this season though, its every season since we've had lack of funds to hide behind. We cant hide behind this anymore. We spent around the 70m mark during the summer and bought Ozil the previous summer. Fact of the matter is the tactics are shíte and we'll never challenge for top spot under Wenger again. We're also rans. The more things change the more they stay the same. Personally i thought he probably should have walked after winning the cup but then he spent money and i said id hold on and give him the benefit. Spending money doesnt matter anymore, his 'tactics' are shíte.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

He's unsackable though. What will it take come May for people to change opinion on him? We're not going to win the league. We won't win the Champions League. Is 4th place and defending the FA Cup enough? It's not an improvement on last season.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,408 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Saying you can't judge a manager after 7 games when he has been at a club for the guts of 2 decades makes no sense.

We will make a late surge into fourth. This place will be bursting with positivity and how we will get the right players in, next year will be our year.

A late surge for 4th won't be good enough this season

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

In fairness, it's beginning to look like a repeating pattern, as in previous seasons.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Saying you can't judge a manager after 7 games when he has been at a club for the guts of 2 decades makes no sense.

We were talking about his desicion not to strengthen some areas

A late surge for 4th won't be good enough this season

Well thats what will happen and thats why the majority have had enough.

• Advertisement

Well thats what will happen and thats why the majority have had enough.

So you no that WILL happen after 7 games and that's why everyone wants him out

Instead if waiting and see will it actually happen

So you no that WILL happen after 7 games and that's why everyone wants him out

Instead if waiting and see will it actually happen

Its the same story every season, like most knew we would lose today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

I just dont know anymore lads, in my eyes we played well today but I just dont think we have the players to beat a Chelsea team at home. In saying that is it just 3 wins in the last 10 games now?

To be honest, I'm more concerned about how we're playing, rather than the results. In the past, when we haven't been doing well, I felt like we were playing well. Last year, I thought that we were getting results when playing very average.

We are 7 games in, but we have played Spurs, Everton, City and Chelsea. We won't have another run of games like this, so if we can build some momentum against lesser sides and go in to the big games with a lot more confidence/cohesion, then we can still do well.

Most annoying thing about today, is I feel like we could have really pushed Chelsea, we just didn't show up......again.

I dont think it matters who we buy to be honest. Buy Carvalho or Khedira and it will only be the same result. Arsenal are going nowhere under Wenger.

Gringo180 wrote: »
    I just dont know anymore lads, in my eyes we played well today but I just dont think we have the players to beat a Chelsea team at home. In saying that is it just 3 wins in the last 10 games now?

I thought the same, played well undone in the end

Let's what the other big teams do against Chelsea away, there very very good at home

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

People who want Wenger gone answer me this, whos the alternative? Klopp wont leave Dortmund, same with Simeone with Athletico and Garcia with Roma. I dont want him gone myself but I feel people that want him gone just for the sake of it with no alternative replacement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Having issues and questions overall is fine.

Going particularly nuts and throwing your toys out of the pram after THAT match is stupid.

That was nothing to do with a DMF, a striker or tactics.

It's one of the toughest games we'll play. They controlled it well, got the run of the green and we didn't, end of.

People who want Wenger gone answer me this, whos the alternative? Klopp wont leave Dortmund, same with Simeone with Athletico and Garcia with Roma. I dont want him gone myself but I feel people that want him gone just for the sake of it with no alternative replacement.

I just want a competent manager who plays his players in their best positions and uses his funds adequately to address squad issues. Thought Wenger would change but he has not. Klopp could be enticed out of Germany with the money Wenger is getting. Garcia would jump at the chance too.

I just want a competent manager who plays his players in their best positions and uses his funds adequately to address squad issues. Thought Wenger would change but he has not. Klopp could be enticed out of Germany with the money Wenger is getting. Garcia would jump at the chance too.

Have you seen Dortmunds league position? :)

• Advertisement

If arsenal isn't an attractive option for top managers then i'd be concerned. Ideally a target would be secured before Wenger is released but it's all fiction anyway as this board would never ever sack him and why would they? He consistently achieves their minimum demands.

They will come second to a strong Bayern team. Big game manager. Did you see the Dortmund game a few weeks ago?

Id say Simeone was gettable during the summer especially given that he is performing a juggling act at Athletico with funds and we had money to spend. Id agree that its something Arsenal need to plan carefully for but i think it needed to be done during the summer tbh. We're only wasting time with him at this stage. Our football is cumbersome and constipated going forward. Passing is lazy and sloppy. Some of the players just dont seem to give a shít when they lose the ball and those are players that were brought into this club by Wenger.

They will come second to a strong Bayern team. Big game manager. Did you see the Dortmund game a few weeks ago?

Your some man for predicting league positions

Straight too the bookies with Ya

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

I'd rather wait till January before I say whether I want him to stay or go.

Fact is this was a unbelievably hard game. A game I thought we'd lose 1 or 2-0. Considering the players we had out I think we done ok.

If you want Wenger out fair enough.. But at least tells us who we'd get in. Because I can't really think of any manager that can replace him right now.

Your some man for predicting league positions

Straight too the bookies with Ya

They are the second strongest team in a poor league. Its an educated guess.

To be fair BVB are riddled with injuries.

Id say Simeone was gettable during the summer especially given that he is performing a juggling act at Athletico with funds and we had money to spend. Id agree that its something Arsenal need to plan carefully for but i think it needed to be done during the summer tbh. We're only wasting time with him at this stage. Our football is cumbersome and constipated going forward. Passing is lazy and sloppy. Some of the players just dont seem to give a shít when they have the ball and those are players that were brought into this club by Wenger.

Makes sense :D

Mr Blobby wrote: »

Ahem

We're not doing too bad in that department ourself

• Advertisement

Mr Blobby wrote: »

So are we.

No thanks to Simeone.

gosplan wrote: »
    Having issues and questions overall is fine.

Going particularly nuts and throwing your toys out of the pram after THAT match is stupid.

That was nothing to do with a DMF, a striker or tactics.

It's one of the toughest games we'll play. They controlled it well, got the run of the green and we didn't, end of.

But it's not just that game is it? The reaction stems from years of similar performances against top opposition. Today merely adds to the bitter disappointment.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

The "why sack Wenger when there isn't an alternative" is a tiresome argument. There's always an alternative. Klopp, Simeone, would be two. Besides, it's about finding someone with a different approach and a willingness to address the squad. Wenger is unable to motivate or strengthen the team by the looks of things.

So are we.

No thanks to Simeone.

Why may I ask?
    La Liga winner and 1 minute away from winning the champions league. Also has a wage bill less then QPR's and is competing with big spending Barca and Real. Whats more they win the big games too. Beat Real in the Bernebeu recently. And he shows passion on the line most importantly. Gets the fans going. Id love him to be the next manager

Under no circumstances should wenger be sacked after 7 games into the season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

7 games in and people want the manager gone madness

I couldn't care if the Yorkshire Ripper was manger as long as the basics were done right i.e. preparing the team well, placing them according to their best positions, filling the gaps with people we need and getting your tactics right against the big teams even an odd time.
    We ain't doing that.

• Advertisement

Under no circumstances should wenger be sacked after 7 games into the season

Fair enough point but I think we missed a chance to turn the page in Arsenal's history during the summer. Giving him a new contract was madness. We limped to the FA Cup last year and fell down the table like a stone after the drubbing at Anfield and his clusterfúck with Kallstrom in the January window

This should be his last Arsenal contract tbh and hopefully we've stipulated in his contract that it is a rolling contract akin to Moyes or Pardew's

Fair enough point but I think we missed a chance to turn the page in Arsenal's history during the summer. Giving him a new contract was madness. We limped to the FA Cup last year and fell down the table like a stone after the drubbing at Anfield and his clusterfúck with Kallstrom in the January window

This should be his last Arsenal contract tbh and hopefully we've stipulated in his contract that it is a rolling contract akin to Moyes or Pardew's

Weathe he deserved a new contract or not I guess is matter of opinion

And Id say this is his last contract one way or the other

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

There's people on here for years of the opinion and finally I think the majority are swayed too. Wenger is not the best man for the job anymore. Financial security, a new stadium are legacies that will always remain. Bad tactics are one thing but the squad is so bare and it's all his fault.
    And once again and I don't care about bringing it up again, refusing cesc and persisting with ozil is proving to be an awful decision.
    This post is not hyperbole either, it's the same ole story only a different week

We're predictable, flat and going nowhere and that's just not acceptable for our club.

There were three people I think in here last week that wanted Wenger gone. Maybe more but I think three.

Anyone that's newly calling for his head after that match should shut up.

Every Arsenal team you've ever seen would have struggled in that game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

There were three people I think in here last week that wanted Wenger gone. Maybe more but I think three.

3???
    Your wrong there. I've wanted a change for ages. I agree now is not the time for a change but he should have gone on a high after the fa cup

• Advertisement

wonga77 wrote: »
    3???
    Your wrong there. I've wanted a change for ages. I agree now is not the time for a change but he should have gone on a high after the fa cup

Going after the fa cup is a different to gone after that game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

The first goal was Sanchez 's fault. He was dispossessed quite easily on the wing. Koscielney lucky not to see red.
    The second goal was because our two central defenders continued to keep too high a line and were again beaten for pace with the ball over the top. Mert is like the Titanic trying to turn and Kos was very slow too.

We have seen plenty of the above quite a lot over the past two seasons.
    There is no earthly way we will make up 9 points on Chelsea.
    Arsenal had 53% of the play, 10 shots but none on target in 90 minutes.
    Chelsea just allowed them to have the ball in the non-danger areas.

The first goal was Sanchez 's fault. He was dispossessed quite easily on the wing. Koscielney lucky not to see red.
    The second goal was because our two central defenders continued to keep too high a line and were again beaten for pace with the ball over the top. Mert is like the Titanic trying to turn and Kos was very slow too.

We have seen plenty of the above quite a lot over the past two seasons.
    There is no earthly way we will make up 9 points on Chelsea.
    Arsenal had 53% of the play, 10 shots but none on target in 90 minutes.
    Chelsea just allowed them to have the ball in the non-danger areas.

Very good post

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

Very disappointing afternoon at Stamford Bridge, but we don't have to blame the team and specially the coach because it was a very close game.

They scored with a penalty kick and in my opinion there was a handball for us but the referee didn't see it.

All the team did a good job but Chelsea won the game.
    Stay behind us, the defeat is very disappointing for every body but the season is not OVER!

#‎COYG‬

At least Yaya is staying positive...

Telling people to "shut up" because they've finally had enough based on more than today's game is unfair. Today may be the catalyst for wanting a change of manager, maybe not immediately but very soon if things continue this way.

For many it's just venting some anger and they may well change their mind again when the dust settles. For others they probably see nothing changing and have reiterated their desire for Wenger to go.

Personally Wenger will have to see out the year but sadly I can't see a change in fortunes and although we'll get at least 4th it'll be a poor season for the supporters, players and Wenger but NOT the board and thus next year we'll see more of the same.

Very good post

The second goal was because we opened up and were pushing forward with a little over 10 mins left.

The start to this season has been disappointing, not because of today though.

The second goal was because we opened up and were pushing forward with a little over 10 mins left.

The start to this season has been disappointing, not because of today though.

That's basically the point I was making all day

Today is not the peoblem

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Ozil was **** today.

Thats all I have to say right now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

I think the Invincibles may have won that game

Ozil was **** today.

Thats all I have to say right now.

What confuses me is that he showed what he can do when played through the middle vs Aston Villa and even Gala.

So why play him wide again?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement