Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Stranger things have happened lads, were due a freak winner of the Champs Lge, sure look at Porto and Liverpool winning it, plus Monaco reached a final..... ( clutching at straws here) :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Raf32 wrote: »
    Then he can dither all he wants as far as im concerned :)

Good things come in 3s,

Jacket fixed
    Players bought
    Tactics downloaded

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭yipeeeee

Really don't want to see marches and campaigns for him to go.

That's not on.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭omega man

yipeeeee wrote: »

That's not on.

As long as they don't speak bad of the man, personally at least, then marches are fine by me. It may just focus the clubs attention in the January window somewhat. He deserves to finish out the season at the least but there's no harm in fans making their feelings known between now and then.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭emmetlego

Quick question, are the marches against the performances of the team, or a AW out march? I haven't seen any links to it anywhere

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

Anyone who marches for Wenger out is a clown in my book

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

It'll make a pathetic spectacle, embarrassing for all concerned.

Why?

Marches are the better option for fans who have serious concerns. You may not accept that but many feel disillusioned right now. I'm totally against stadium protests as the team need all the support they can get right now so I'm not bothered by any well organised legitimate fans marching outside or away from the Emirates.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

Mourinho came in last season and saw the faults he needed to fix and now he has a team that can win championships. Wenger sees a weakness and he does not fix it, he uses a middle man to fill the hole.

Injuries list has been terrible but the mentality of the team has been worse which can only be a blame you place on Wenger.

After the FA cup win I felt we could kick on with a few decent signings and a strong mentality. We've come short on both counts and we are paying for it now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭yipeeeee

Had to laugh at this!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,416 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Had to laugh at this!!

brilliant

Just booked flights and accom for January to go over and see my beloved :D Just a question for anybody that has a red membership and bought tickets before, will I definitely get tickets if I book it the minute they go on sale? Its the Aston Villa game on a Sunday if that makes a difference, cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭symbolic

Gringo180 wrote: »
    Just booked flights and accom for January to go over and see my beloved :D Just a question for anybody that has a red membership and bought tickets before, will I definitely get tickets if I book it the minute they go on sale? Its the Aston Villa game on a Sunday if that makes a difference, cheers.

I always find the actual system slow and annoying the morning they go on sale. Just a landing bar for most of the time, as everyone is put in queues. For the man U game I just let it sit there and I got a ticket that way. Didn't end up going into the Ticket Exchange if I remember correctly. And that would be a busy one so it's doable!

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Paj

Gringo180 wrote: »

you should be able to get a ticket yeah, if you got a membership card that is your ticket once you pay for admission.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

why was the wenger out poll thread closed?

That's not on.

i do.

its the only way the board and wenger will take note

i do.

its the only way the board and wenger will take note

what changes do you envisage both parties making following on from the demos ?

greendom wrote: »
    what changes do you envisage both parties making following on from the demos ?

board = get rid of wenger at the end of the season

wenger = listen to the fans and the gaping holes of our side(no defenders, no CDM, lack of a plan B, Playing players out of position etc) and fix them.

Thoe are two possible outcomes

board = get rid of wenger at the end of the season

wenger = listen to the fans and the gaping holes of our side(no defenders, no CDM, lack of a plan B, Playing players out of position etc) and fix them.

Thoe are two possible outcomes

Good luck!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Don't think that there was ever any explanation, but I'd hazard a guess that the mods saw it as a pending disaster/flame war.

Imagine the last 60 pages of this thread, then add a poll, and tonnes of other teams supporters. I'm glad I don't have another thread to get worked up over!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,276 ✭✭✭batistuta9

efb wrote: »
    No idea it was just shut no explanation

Strange, it was interesting seeing other views on him too - though arsenal being a mid table club when he goes was a weird one.

Probably those Chelsea mods, "who finances arsenal" :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

batistuta9 wrote: »
    Strange, it was interesting seeing other views on him too - though arsenal being a mid table club when he goes was a weird one.

I didn't see any flaming- and the other teams fans were fairly respectful give them their due

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

omega man wrote: »
    Why?

Marches are the better option for fans who have serious concerns. You may not accept that but many feel disillusioned right now. I'm totally against stadium protests as the team need all the support they can get right now so I'm not bothered by any well organised legitimate fans marching outside or away from the Emirates.
    Because marches should be saved for bigger things like political reasons or a mass protest against an overbearing or unjustifiable practice.

Has Arsenal Football club become that? Has it ****.

Have we done everything right. No. Could we do things better. **** yeah. Is there big weaknesses. yes. Can they be fixed. Yes. Who has been best at fixing our weaknesses, Wenger. Before now if he left who would you want to replace him. Klopp. Where are Dortmund now?

Does Wenger get deserved to be paraded through the streets and made a laughing stock of -no more than my mother does.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

wonga77 wrote: »

And that's why I'd never work with my dad.

Of course, there'd be drastically less money involved, but still, same principle.

Very sad for him though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,428 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Because marches should be saved for bigger things like political reasons or a mass protest against an overbearing or unjustifiable practice.

Have we done everything right. No. Could we do things better. **** yeah. Is there big weaknesses. yes. Can they be fixed. Yes. Who has been best at fixing our weaknesses, Wenger. Before now if he left who would you want to replace him. Klopp. Where are Dortmund now?

Does Wenger get deserved to be paraded through the streets and made a laughing stock of -no more than my mother does.

You couldn't say that this season in fairness.
    Our weaknesses were apparent to everyone before the season even started.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

A lot of people reported it as an "Are Arsenal/Wenger done" thread. The kind of thread that has casued huge issues in the past for flaming and trolling.
    batistuta9 wrote: »

I had nothing to do with closing it anyway.
    I didn't see any flaming- and the other teams fans were fairly respectful give them their due

I think it warranted discussion and was civil but I can see looking in, how it could have went if there was a raft of posts to take it off topic and troll.

Ye can still debate it in here and any fan can come in and give their own views on it.

Paj wrote: »
    you should be able to get a ticket yeah, if you got a membership card that is your ticket once you pay for admission.
    symbolic wrote: »
    I always find the actual system slow and annoying the morning they go on sale. Just a landing bar for most of the time, as everyone is put in queues. For the man U game I just let it sit there and I got a ticket that way. Didn't end up going into the Ticket Exchange if I remember correctly. And that would be a busy one so it's doable!

Cheers lads.

GavRedKing wrote: »
    A lot of people reported it as an "Are Arsenal/Wenger done" thread. The kind of thread that has casued huge issues in the past for flaming and trolling.

I think it warranted discussion and was civil but I can see looking in, how it could have went if there was a raft of posts to take it off topic and troll.

Ye can still debate it in here and any fan can come in and give their own views on it.

Good idea - the sooner we can get this cursed (I'm looking at you Gav) thread to 10k and closed, the better ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

I'm firmly in the wenger in camp till the end of season

I will review then

It would have been courteous has the Mod closed it explaining same. Thanks for the explaination GRK

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Arsenal this season

10441237_743364642385339_7281732352197308316_n.jpg?oh=efdb6e06c11254948511f02ea1d1e4f2&oe=54D24A0B&__gda__=1423529651_843b7c3c2fce285544bd3f08d2e785c3

Arsenal this season

10441237_743364642385339_7281732352197308316_n.jpg?oh=efdb6e06c11254948511f02ea1d1e4f2&oe=54D24A0B&__gda__=1423529651_843b7c3c2fce285544bd3f08d2e785c3

Deva vu

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

I know the best we will get is probably Kim K (not the good one either!haha) but whats everyones january wishlist?
    Mine would be Laporte and Schneiderlin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Deva vu

From Facebook? :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 396 ✭✭ironkiwi

Quick question, I renewed my red membership a few months ago, do they send out a new card or do I use the one I have from last season?

Had to laugh at this!!

This post has the attachment a few pages back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,416 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Raf32 wrote: »
    I know the best we will get is probably Kim K (not the good one either!haha) but whats everyones january wishlist?
    Mine would be Laporte and Schneiderlin

Think Schneiderlin said he will wait till the end of the season to decide as Southampton are doing so well. I reckon its the Carvalho lad that Wenger is after beyond that at this stage I would be happy with a defender, any defender!

salmocab wrote: »
    Think Schneiderlin said he will wait till the end of the season to decide as Southampton are doing so well. I reckon its the Carvalho lad that Wenger is after beyond that at this stage I would be happy with a defender, any defender!

Schneiderlin will show real ambition I reckon.......and he'll stay at Southampton ;-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,428 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

salmocab wrote: »

Wenger could surely have got Carvalho in the summer if he had tried.
    I personally think we will not buy in January, we rarely do and Wenger has always said that the value in Jan is not good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Wenger could surely have got Carvalho in the summer if he had tried.
    I personally think we will not buy in January, we rarely do and Wenger has always said that the value in Jan is not good.

I agree, we'll find some form, players injured come back and at best we'll see a CB in the average bracket

ironkiwi wrote: »
    Quick question, I renewed my red membership a few months ago, do they send out a new card or do I use the one I have from last season?

Same card

I must say though I enjoyed your question about who financed arsenal.

And I always enjoy your posts actually.

But it was funny. I'm a neutral and just respect arsenal for what they have achieved as a club. But Chelsea really hit the jackpot!?

Do you reckon it could have been any club picked that day? Roman Abromavich. What a man.

Wengerout! Haha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

symbolic wrote: »
    I must say though I enjoyed your question about who financed arsenal.

And I always enjoy your posts actually.

But it was funny. I'm a neutral and just respect arsenal for what they have achieved as a club. But Chelsea really hit the jackpot!?

Do you reckon it could have been any club picked that day? Roman Abromavich. What a man.

Wengerout! Haha

Well story goes Roman wanted a london club and it was between ourselves and Spurs.

Not sure how true it is though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

I'm in the Wenger in camp myself, I believe he tried to fill the gaps in the squad over the summer but just wasn't able to to the extent we needed. Nobody saw the injury crisis coming that we've found ourselves in.

No matter how much we think we know about football, Wenger knows more. I'm going to keep the faith for the time being, and reserve judgment until the end of the season. Wanting him ousted in November is a bit silly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,665 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »
    I'm in the Wenger in camp myself, I believe he tried to fill the gaps in the squad over the summer but just wasn't able to to the extent we needed. Nobody saw the injury crisis coming that we've found ourselves in.

These are just more excuses though. There are gaps in our squad and injuries every season, this season is no different.
    No matter how much we think we know about football, Wenger knows more. I'm going to keep the faith for the time being, and reserve judgment until the end of the season. Wanting him ousted in November is a bit silly.

Think most people don't want him gone until the season is over.

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »

With respect I think quite the opposite of most of what you say.
    I dont think he tried hard enough to fill the gaps, Our injury record is brutal and has been for a few years, they should have been better prepared.
    Obviously Wenger knows more about football than any of us but that doesnt make some of his tactical decisions any less bonkers, especially in the last few seasons.
    Ive lost faith in him changing his ways but I do think wanting him out now would be a bad move

These are just more excuses though. There are gaps in our squad and injuries every season, this season is no different.

Think most people don't want him gone until the season is over.

SNAP! great minds :pac:

his had 10 years to fix it....

his had 10 years to fix it....

No he hasn't. His hands were tied for most of that period by the stadium build. I'm getting bored of repeating that so often.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement