Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Soooooo...this is supposed to be the Arsenal FC thread yeah?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

I see United are doing an Arsenal with half their team out injured. Still expect to lose on Saturday though.

Yeah Blind will be a blow for them alright, once Sanchez is ok we might be too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Yeah Blind will be a blow for them alright, once Sanchez is ok we might be too

They have something over us mentally.

Raf32 wrote: »
    They have something over us mentally.

Many teams do and I have no real faith that this will change this weekend. I think it will be a draw

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

efb wrote: »
    It's not fooled- they were the bottom team in their group in the WC

Some of those teams you listed diddnt even make it to the WC!

England also had one of the hardest groups in the tournament and all 3 games england marginally lost/drew.

England also breezed into the WC with ease while most of the teams you mentioned struggled. Even portugal had to go through a knockout game against sweden to qualify for the WC.

Not to mention Portugal getting spanked at the WC too!

Cant remember the last time England got spanked whoever they have played and have alway been at a major tournament for the last 15+ years.

Name them- it's easy day half and not say who

why repeat what others have said? people have already listed teams that are not as good as england

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

What does the last 15 years have to do with the current England side?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

I can't see the united back 4 scaring Sanchez this weekend, wouldnt be surprised if he grabbed a couple more. In saying that our back 4 won't scare Rooney or rvp or di maria, could be in for a goal fest but I'd rather it wasn't!

Just realised I'll miss Saturday's match cos I'll be at the Aviva, thought it was Sunday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭byrneg28

Some of those teams you listed diddnt even make it to the WC!

England also had one of the hardest groups in the tournament and all 3 games england marginally lost/drew.

England also breezed into the WC with ease while most of the teams you mentioned struggled. Even portugal had to go through a knockout game against sweden to qualify for the WC.

Not to mention Portugal getting spanked at the WC too!

Cant remember the last time England got spanked whoever they have played and have alway been at a major tournament for the last 15+ years.

why repeat what others have said? people have already listed teams that are not as good as england

If only you had that same positivity towards Arsenal

Thought England didn't qualify for Euro 2008?

England also don't get spanked without having a big enforcer of a DM, and nobody is constantly complaining about it....go figure :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭RedemptionZ

What does the last 15 years have to do with the current England side?

Comfortably better than Greece, Ukraine and Switzerland. Probably better than Portugal too results wise.

That would put them top 7 in your list and there's certainly not a huge gulf in class between themselves and France, Belgium and Netherlands, much of a muchness there. They are in the top tier, still serial underachievers in the grand scheme of things but let's be honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭byrneg28

Listen this is ridiculous, this is an Arsenal forum and we are talking about the England national team. Let's move on.

What's the injury news for the weekend? Everyone positive or negative about it??

Any word on Koscielny/Giroud??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

byrneg28 wrote: »
    Listen this is ridiculous, this is an Arsenal forum and we are talking about the England national team. Let's move on.

What's the injury news for the weekend? Everyone positive or negative about it??

Any word on Koscielny/Giroud??

No updates on those 2, last I heard was that Kos might not make Man U but that Giroud was back in full training last week. Giroud might make the bench for Saturday I imagine.

Debuchy has said that he will be playing again sometime in December

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Great news about Debuchy and Giroud.

Anyone know much about Laporte who plays in La Liga? Been linked with a potential move for him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Anyone know much about Laporte who plays in La Liga? Been linked with a potential move for him.

Probably the best young defender out there.

No chance we go for him.. Would cost at least 30M.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    Probably the best young defender out there.

No chance we go for him.. Would cost at least 30M.

Hes got a €28million release claue I'm sure, although with Spanish law, that can be a huge issue, like when Javi Martinez went to Bayern.

Basil3 wrote: »
    Thought England didn't qualify for Euro 2008?

England also don't get spanked without having a big enforcer of a DM, and nobody is constantly complaining about it....go figure :D

i think they diddnt but have been at every single WC since the WC in America. 1994 was it? 20 years ago and since then been to every single WC tournament and missed out on just one euro's in that same time frame.

Diddnt france miss out on one of those tournaments?

Case point England are one of the best european sides in the last 20 years.

byrneg28 wrote: »
    If only you had that same positivity towards Arsenal

i have same amount of positivity.

england, like arsenal, piss me off. But i am not the one saying arsenal are div 1 type of club much like the person who said england are a div 1 team LOL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

I read Chelsea are also tracking Laporte, seems like he is very promising, and could easily play alonside Kos or Varane(in the french team) in the future. But if he's 28 million euro or more, then can't see us getting him in Jan. Hummels has apparently slapped with a pricetag of £48 million, yeow, that'd be us out so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

That would be everyone out, cant see any club stumping up 48 million

Sanogo 2 Kane 2 in the France, England U21 game

Comfortably better than Greece, Ukraine and Switzerland. Probably better than Portugal too results wise.

That would put them top 7 in your list and there's certainly not a huge gulf in class between themselves and France, Belgium and Netherlands, much of a muchness there. They are in the top tier, still serial underachievers in the grand scheme of things but let's be honest.

Greece have a trophy in the recent past tho :-P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Hummels has apparently slapped with a pricetag of £48 million, yeow, that'd be us out so.

Only United would be stupid enough to sign him for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Any confidence for a victory on Saturday? Personally I think United could stick 11 traffic cones out there and we'd still lose. Mentally we can't seem to rise to their challenge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,665 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

keano_afc wrote: »
    Any confidence for a victory on Saturday? Personally I think United could stick 11 traffic cones out there and we'd still lose. Mentally we can't seem to rise to their challenge.

I'm expecting Lindegaard to come in and play like Neuer for 90 minutes :(

They are as mentally fragile as we are at the moment. Anything could happen!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,435 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

United always seem to believe they can beat us while we never seem to believe we can beat them. Going to back the draw.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

We'll beat united this Saturday 3-1

According to Wenger, Diaby could get new contract "if he proves his fitness."

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/nov/17/abou-diaby-arsenal-arsene-wenger?CMP=twt_gu

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

Was listening to Arseblog earlier and they eluded to some "salacious" rumours about Rosicky and why he seems to have fallen out of favour with AW. Anyone know more on this? It's probably bollovks, I'm just curious

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,118 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Was listening to Arseblog earlier and they eluded to some "salacious" rumours about Rosicky and why he seems to have fallen out of favour with AW. Anyone know more on this? It's probably bollovks, I'm just curious

Why not just say what was said?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

Quazzie wrote: »
    Why not just say what was said?

They didn't say any details of these rumous. This is why I asked the question

According to Wenger, Diaby could get new contract "if he proves his fitness."

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/nov/17/abou-diaby-arsenal-arsene-wenger?CMP=twt_gu

He also hilariously said Diaby "wasnt injury prone". Tip of the cap Arsene, you master troller.

He also hilariously said Diaby "wasnt injury prone". Tip of the cap Arsene, you master troller.

It was basically a dig at the thug who essentially destroyed Diaby's career

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,080 ✭✭✭DenMan

Didn't Wenger have a huge falling out with Wiltord too! Huge arguments in his office.

greendom wrote: »
    It was basically a dig at the thug who essentially destroyed Diaby's career

Well, as you say AW essentially admitted that tackle destroyed his career. Which begs the question, why was he handed so many squad spots and contracts if the manager knew the gig was up?

Well, as you say AW essentially admitted that tackle destroyed his career. Which begs the question, why was he handed so many squad spots and contracts if the manager knew the gig was up?

How many contracts has he been given since then? At the time I imagine no one realised quite what an impact it would have on his career. I don't know for sure. Maybe he just liked Diaby and wanted to make sure he was well off ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

Apparently he's writing One Direction songs on the side ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭emmetlego

He's 34 lads, and no, he's not Peter Pan either... This was always going to be a bit-part season for Tomas... He is a legend though!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

With regard to Diaby there is no way we should be offering him another contract unless he is going to be able to play for us regularly which I doubt he will be able to. The resources should be allocated to a more reliable player at this stage. I feel for the guy but if he wants to continue on in football then he is better moving to a less physical league at this stage.

gandalf wrote: »
    With regard to Diaby there is no way we should be offering him another contract unless he is going to be able to play for us regularly which I doubt he will be able to. The resources should be allocated to a more reliable player at this stage. I feel for the guy but if he wants to continue on in football then he is better moving to a less physical league at this stage.

Could offer him one of those pay for play jobs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Could offer him one of those pay for play jobs

The poor lad would be penniless !!!

TBH I think he needs a clean break, I think he is a very skillful player and in a less frantic and less physical league he could do very well for a team. I just fear that we will renew his contract and three games after that he will come down with another serious setback.

gandalf wrote: »
    The poor lad would be penniless !!!

TBH I think he needs a clean break, I think he is a very skillful player and in a less frantic and less physical league he could do very well for a team. I just fear that we will renew his contract and three games after that he will come down with another serious setback.

Probably would be best for him alright. That said, there is a small part of me that thinks his wages aren't coming out of my pocket and I would be very very annoyed if he went off somewhere else and became a huge success...

I don't begrudge the lad a contract. better than some daddy's boy appointed by rich uncle in admin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,416 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Whats the story with Diaby regards the squad what is his designation? Does he block someone else because presumably he does and really we need to add to our squad and there is no place for sentiment.

I don't begrudge the lad a contract. better than some daddy's boy appointed by rich uncle in admin

The daddy's boy wouldn't be taking up valuable space in our squad though while offering nothing season after season. When will enough be enough?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

There's no way diaby should be offered a contract. End of.

Nice guy, good player, I admire his mental strength. But he's a crock.

Seriously? We're still discussing whether or not Diaby should have a contract yet again?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭omega man

Ox scores against Northern England ;-)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement