Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

The daddy's boy wouldn't be taking up valuable space in our squad though while offering nothing season after season. When will enough be enough?

He's not taking up space he qualifies as u25 no?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,277 ✭✭✭batistuta9

no, waste of a space

Wilshere and Ox combined well for Eng against their dependency

Welbeck injured

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,435 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

efb wrote: »
    Welbeck injured

Hamstring FFS. Let's hope it's not too serious. Probably out for Sat :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

If Wellbeck is injured for Sat, Pod has to start in a supporting role to Sanchez on Sat.

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭Chrissybhoy

3 arsenal players on show tonight done very well especially Wilshere & Ox. Great ball and finish by the two

If Wellbeck is injured for Sat, Pod has to start in a supporting role to Sanchez on Sat.

That's probably what will happen.
    We will have no threat in the air at all so we might see the mighty Sanogo instead.

3 arsenal players on show tonight done very well especially Wilshere & Ox. Great ball and finish by the two

Four - OX, Jack, Welbeck and Gibbs (later).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,118 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Welbeck showing what we doing best.

Getting injured!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,665 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

There's no indication yet that Welbeck had anything more than cramp or a slight twinge. People jumping the gun and declaring him injured before we have any concrete information seems a bit silly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,665 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

Welbeck looked very sharp before going off. Frightening pace and was very riled up for the game, throwing his weight around. Needs to be more like that for Arsenal. He has been too nice and played it too safe at times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

K4t wrote: »
    Welbeck looked very sharp before going off. Frightening pace and was very riled up for the game, throwing his weight around. Needs to be more like that for Arsenal. He has been too nice and played it too safe at times.

There wasn't an awful lot of end product but his work rate was phenomenal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,080 ✭✭✭DenMan

Sanchez put Chile in front last night in the 1-2 defeat to Uruguay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Jaafa

DenMan wrote: »
    Sanchez put Chile in front last night in the 1-2 defeat to Uruguay.

Another header too, size is no excuse for him

The guy is a beast. Thankfully the Missus likes shopping in London :-)

This will get scoffed at (it already has on the Chelsea thread) but Jack has been excellent in the role he's been given in the England team. It looks to me to make use of his excellent passing ability and high energy game. He could be better than Arteta in the role.

http://www.squawka.com/news/jamie-redknapp-reveals-what-arsenals-jack-wilshere-has-over-nemanja-matic/224068

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

going to the emirates this staurday. wish me luck..

• Advertisement

omega man wrote: »
    Ox scores against Northern England ;-)

Div 1 side england are innit! LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Muirshin Durkin

Lucky git, have a feeling we're gonna hockey them.

Lucky git, have a feeling we're gonna hockey them.

The only teams that beat us are the top top teams and they barely just beat us at that for the last 10 years.

i have made my case, England are a near top side not a div 1 team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Ken Shamrock

^^^ I'm so confused.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,750 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

greendom wrote: »
    This will get scoffed at (it already has on the Chelsea thread) but Jack has been excellent in the role he's been given in the England team. It looks to me to make use of his excellent passing ability and high energy game. He could be better than Arteta in the role.

http://www.squawka.com/news/jamie-redknapp-reveals-what-arsenals-jack-wilshere-has-over-nemanja-matic/224068

In that role I'd have Matic over Wilshere every day, 4 MOTMs in a row for England is impressive though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭dinorebel

^^^ I'm so confused.
    Is that you Arsene?

• Advertisement

AdamD wrote: »
    In that role I'd have Matic over Wilshere every day, 4 MOTMs in a row for England is impressive though.

Matic would be great in our midfield and better than Wilshere in that role for sure, but we are where we are. Jack seemed very comfortable and much more influential in that role than further up the field.

I didn't say Div1 I said teir two- the 2nd pot in the draw

Good luck I'm off to the Aviva

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭symbolic

Me too! Really hope you guys get the win. A goal from Wellbeck would be great! And a couple from Sanchez :) Can't wait.

For saturday
    David de Gea, Rafael, Luke Shaw, Phil Jones and Jonny Evans are deemed by the club's official website to be 'doubts' while Marcos Rojo and Daley Blind are definitely out of the game at the Emirates.

Also definitely out of action are Ashley Young and Jesse Lingaard while Michael Carrick and Angel di Maria (thanks to Nani) are also on the treatment table.

Up front, only Falcao is in danger of missing the game, but the club say the Colombian is 'close' to a return.

we really should be giving these a long over due spanking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

No Di Maria would be delightful. I don't fancy him taking on Chambers/Monreal/Gibbs.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

I dont think it matters who they field to be honest. They stank the league out last year and still managed to take 4 points off us. The issue is us. We have the personnel to beat them. But we have to believe we can do it.

If we beat them, we're gona go on a good run I guarantee it. If we don't it'll probably be till January until we start looking decent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Ken Shamrock

Have we still not banned Daily Mail links???

• Registered Users Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭omega man

Being Irish I can only begrudgingly say through gritted teeth "hope you enjoy it" followed by indistinguishable mumbling ;-)

Have we still not banned Daily Mail links???

only negative ones :p;)

Jaafa wrote: »
    If we beat them, we're gona go on a good run I guarantee it. If we don't it'll probably be till January until we start looking decent.

Bases covered there anyway. :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

Nope, we ain't gonna beat them....so January its is then.:D

• Advertisement

I've heard that Rosicky has been putting in a good few stints in the national jersey including last night. His lack of minutes is pretty baffling, our squad has not been utilized at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 396 ✭✭ironkiwi

Any good pub s around the Emirates to watch the game on Saturday? Booked flights over but couldn't get my hands on a ticket!! Damn Red Membership is no good for these kind of games.

ironkiwi wrote: »
    Any good pub s around the Emirates to watch the game on Saturday? Booked flights over but couldn't get my hands on a ticket!! Damn Red Membership is no good for these kind of games.

Check arsenal tickets on Twitter, I'd say you'll get one there.

Check arsenal tickets on Twitter, I'd say you'll get one there.

Cheers Muirshin Durkin but absolutely nothing there all week either unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

ironkiwi wrote: »
    Cheers Muirshin Durkin but absolutely nothing there all week either unfortunately.

I feel for ye. I went over a few years ago for a United game in similar circumstances and couldn't get a ticket. That said any pub around the Emirates will have a great atmosphere. I like Fibbers near Holloway Road.

I feel for ye. I went over a few years ago for a United game in similar circumstances and couldn't get a ticket. That said any pub around the Emirates will have a great atmosphere. I like Fibbers near Holloway Road.

Thanks Pierce_1991 never had any trouble getting tickets in the past. But then again it is Utd!! We will check that place out should be good craic.

Darren ‏@DarrenArsenal1 3m3 minutes ago
    Per "I'm up to more quality Germans to the club, Ozil and I spoke with Khedira a few time to join Arsenal. His contract is up next summer"

He's at a Q and A session with Mert atm and is tweeting a few of his answers

Rumours aplenty today, all twitter of course but a lot of talk going on. The two rumours are:

1) Steve Bould either has been sacked or will be sacked and Paul Clement (Real Madrid) will be the new assistant manager.
    2) Wenger was showing around an agent at the Colney, potentially for a transfer that could reach 30-40m.

Rumours aplenty today, all twitter of course but a lot of talk going on. The two rumours are:

1) Steve Bould either has been sacked or will be sacked and Paul Clement (Real Madrid) will be the new assistant manager.
    2) Wenger was showing around an agent at the Colney, potentially for a transfer that could reach 30-40m.

Be very surprised if the Bouldy rumours were true, it would certainly be a very big deal if they were!

• Advertisement

Mystery 30-40m player... another attacking player... Guedes

If Clement is being brought in, that could be a strong indication of Wenger's succesor.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement