Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Its from AFCPresswwatch who used to post information from newspapers and all that and then started making out he had "contacts". The player signing that is.

I believe the Bould stuff and it wouldnt be a big loss he gets no input anyways!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,435 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Be very surprised if the Bouldy rumours were true, it would certainly be a very big deal if they were!

He is supposed to have a bust up with Wenger last week according to a source in London.

Really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭yipeeeee

Totally off topic and only my opinion but they never look to have a good relationship on the sideline.

It's probably wrecking his (Bouldy) head how leaky the defence is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,080 ✭✭✭DenMan

Just saw that Nigeria have failed to qualify for the Africa Cup of Nations 2015 on SSN tonight! Maybe Wenger might sign a lad or two in January knowing he won't have to leave mid-season for a few weeks!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭symbolic

ironkiwi wrote: »
    Any good pub s around the Emirates to watch the game on Saturday? Booked flights over but couldn't get my hands on a ticket!! Damn Red Membership is no good for these kind of games.

You know about the Ticket Exchange I presume?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

I dont really understand what Bould brings to the table anyway? It doesnt seem like he has much of a say and they dont seem to be too pally on the sideline either

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Ken Shamrock

Get Bergkamp into the Assistant Manager role please.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 396 ✭✭ironkiwi

symbolic wrote: »
    You know about the Ticket Exchange I presume?

Got a few of ticket exchange before but they are gone very quick whenever one appears through ticket exchange for this one

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭king Henry 14

Get Bergkamp into the Assistant Manager role please.

F**k that, get him into the managers role asap

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭symbolic

ironkiwi wrote: »
    Got a few of ticket exchange before but they are gone very quick whenever one appears through ticket exchange for this one

Hopefully ya get lucky by the end of the week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,665 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

It would be difficult to see Clement taking another assistant role unless he was promised the top job when Wenger goes. There were rumours last month that Wenger had given the green light for Clement to be his successor. Don't know much about him apart from that he's supposed to be a very good tactician. Though it would be a gamble considering it would be his first managerial role.

What do ye know about Clement?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

wonga77 wrote: »
    What do ye know about Clement?

He's done the usually academy and U21 stuff. But for the most part he's been assistant coach at

Chelsea (Hiddink and Ancelotti)
    PSG (Ancelotti)
    Real Madrid (Ancelotti)

So he's definitely been working with some of the best around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Why would Arsenal want Peter Cech?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

efb wrote: »

He's a quality keeper but I'd be surprised if we were after him

bad2dabone wrote: »
    He's a quality keeper but I'd be surprised if we were after him

We have 3 very good keepers

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

It's an odd rumour, but that's all it is so far.

Perhaps Wenger doesn't have confidence in our third choice keeper, and is looking for an injury replacement for Ospina?

Which would then beg the question, if he's bringing in cover for a keeper, why doesn't he bring in cover for the problem area of defense?

Of all the areas I'd be looking for cover, goalie isn't one of them

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Of all the areas I'd be looking for cover, goalie isn't one of them

Absolutely

• Advertisement

Because he is a top 5 GK in the world and a serious improvement on what we have.

Raf32 wrote: »
    Because he is a top 5 GK in the world and a serious improvement on what we have.

Really?

Really?

Yup imo. wont happen though but would be an incredible signing

Yup imo. wont happen though but would be an incredible signing

He's not even the No1 goalie at Chelaea tbf

He's not even the No1 goalie at Chelaea tbf

Unfair argument, both their GK's are top 5 and a good bit ahead of ours. If Szc or Ospina were at Chelsea they would be third choice

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Ed Winchester

I'd rather Chesney. Goalkeeper is not a problem area for us.

Unfair argument, both their GK's are top 5 and a good bit ahead of ours. If Szc or Ospina were at Chelsea they would be third choice

So Chelsea have 2 of the top 5 keepers in the world?

Cech would have been top 5 in his prime but not now

So Chelsea have 2 of the top 5 keepers in the world?

Cech would have been top 5 in his prime but not now

The only Gk's better than him that I can think of is Neuer, Courtois, De Gea, Buffon and maybe LLoris, so he is right up there. Probably missing someone else now. If we got a good DM and CB, the next area I would target would be a gk but not until them areas are fixed which will prob be a few years.
    Cech had a difficult time last year but still shared the much coveted in here clean sheet award with Szc. Still a fantastic GK in my eyes.

Lloris has to be the most overated keeper on the planet. Buffon is about 80 and is not better than Chesney. Nor is De Gea. Nor is Cech.

IMO

• Advertisement

Lloris has to be the most overated keeper on the planet. Buffon is about 80 and is not better than Chesney. Nor is De Gea. Nor is Cech.

IMO

Nah wouldnt want Cech, were pretty well stocked in that area so it shouldnt be an issue. Far more important requirements out the field.
    Raf Im surprised at you, you dont rate Ches? :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

IMO

Lloris and Cech are both better keepers than Szez imo. Szez is not that far behind them but they are undoubtedly better than him. Agree though that money is better spent in personnel directly in front of Szez

wonga77 wrote: »
    Nah wouldnt want Cech, were pretty well stocked in that area so it shouldnt be an issue. Far more important requirements out the field.
    Raf Im surprised at you, you dont rate Ches? :P

Haha I feel bad for not rating him that highly because he seems arsenal true and true. I just see he is around the age of courtois and De gea and nowhere near their level Imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

Nor is De Gea.
    I think 100% of neutrals and most Arsenal fans would disgree with you.

I like Schez, and with some counselling or therapy, he could become a top goalkeeper, but he is not in the same league as De Gea or Courtois who are the standout keepers in the league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    He's done the usually academy and U21 stuff. But for the most part he's been assistant coach at

Chelsea (Hiddink and Ancelotti)
    PSG (Ancelotti)
    Real Madrid (Ancelotti)

So he's definitely been working with some of the best around.

Maybe he's on his way to Arsenal to scope out club for Ancelloti :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,750 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

De Gea and Courtois are on another level but I wouldn't want Lloris at all.

Ches ain't nowhere near Courtois,De Gea,Cech,Buffon or even Lloris. Lloris is being underrated if anything nowadays because people seem to think its cool to say he's sh1t because he had a tough start at Spurs. Ches is middle of the road, averagish to me. Very nervy and unreliable in the mistakes department, a good shot stopper but I can't say I've ever looked at a game and say wow Ches was amazing glad we have him...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭dinorebel

I would put Ches at about the same level as Hart good even potentially great if they cut out the rushes of blood to the head.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,750 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Ches ain't nowhere near Courtois,De Gea,Cech,Buffon or even Lloris. Lloris is being underrated if anything nowadays because people seem to think its cool to say he's sh1t because he had a tough start at Spurs. Ches is middle of the road, averagish to me. Very nervy and unreliable in the mistakes department, a good shot stopper but I can't say I've ever looked at a game and say wow Ches was amazing glad we have him...

Its not cool as ****. Its the opposite in fact, it seems to be cool to rate his 'sweeping', when it actually has a negative impact on his play. He manages to create 1 on 1 situations by running out when its completely unnecessary. Ches is better than him IMO.

AdamD wrote: »
    Its not cool as ****. Its the opposite in fact, it seems to be cool to rate his 'sweeping', when it actually has a negative impact on his play. He manages to create 1 on 1 situations by running out when its completely unnecessary. Ches is better than him IMO.

Is that not more down to the system Spurs play, using/relying on Lloris for his sweeping abilities (not with a brush). I think his judgement is pretty sound tbh.

• Advertisement

AdamD wrote: »

It was definetly cool to rate him for rushing out of his goal but i feel the tide has turned and now it's cool to hate on him. Whatever the "cool" thing is i think he's a very solid GK and when he was at Lyon was one of the best in the world.

Since his move he's dropped a bit maybe he's finding it difficult but the quality is still there. He can prob erase the rushing from his game but Ches is having trouble erasing mistakes from his, he also has very little to do most games and our fantastic defensive record last year made him seem a hell of a lot better then he actually is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭byrneg28

Keepers are instructed on the sweeping duties by management, it's not a trait they have and they just decide to do it or not.

It's combined with modern high lined defence, problem is Szczesny isn't very good at it , Lloris is good and Neuer is outstanding at sweeping. It's a decision making thing, I think that will develop with age. Neuer has a good 5 years more experience than Szcz, so I think he can get better.

I thought Szczesny had a very very good season last year and had a lot more to do. I think he deserved his clean sheet award as it wasn't down to JUST the defence. Notably performances vs United (h), vs Palace (a), vs West Brom (a) and vs. Dortmund (a) were terrific.

He hasn't been AS good this season but he's still a solid keeper who still has years to grow. The goals I've seen him concede this season, I don't think there's a lot he could do about. I mean it's different than Mignolet who comes out and spills balls in the air. I think a Goalkeeper should be solid and just does a job that's it, Neuer is the only keeper who has really distinguished himself as different class in goalkeeping in recent years but just because he's doing something different.

Keeper just has to do his job and be solid, claim balls, good hands, good distribution. Szcz has all of that and world class saves in his locker (vs. Jedinak, vs. v.Persie last season), just needs to get his mind right sometimes, but he vastly improved last season, cant see why he cant build on that after our mere of a season gets back on track.

No point wasting 7-12 million on a Goalkeeper who wont solve our CB problem

I can't believe how many gunners underrate our keeper. Genuinely. I think he's outstanding. People are rating him on some rash mistakes he made a few years back as a teenager. He's still very young as a keeper. And I think he'll go on to be one of the greats and an Arsenal legend. We're lucky to have him IMO. De Gea me arse. SZCZ all day every day for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Jaafa

Jaafa wrote: »

Another 3 weeks (at least) for Kos. That's a blow. Any chance Chambers will be put in the centre for Saturday ? I like Monreal but he's not a central defender.

Good news that Debuchy should be playing before the end of the year though

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Headache over the defence alright. I shudder at the thought of Monreal up against Rooney and the skunk.

Well Chambers on the right shouldn't be happening again for a while at least. Wouldn't mind Monreal on the right tbh, he's a solid kinda player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

What time is the game kicking off at the weekend?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

I can't believe how many gunners underrate our keeper. Genuinely. I think he's outstanding. People are rating him on some rash mistakes he made a few years back as a teenager. He's still very young as a keeper. And I think he'll go on to be one of the greats and an Arsenal legend. We're lucky to have him IMO. De Gea me arse. SZCZ all day every day for me.

I rate Schez, is probably one of the least of our problems but to call him better than De Gea is mad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

What time is the game kicking off at the weekend?
    Half 5 Saturday.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement