Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

keano_afc wrote: »
    Headache over the defence alright. I shudder at the thought of Monreal up against Rooney and the skunk.

We had better try and compensate up front then and get the goals, yo balance out what we will concede....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Mr.Micro wrote: »
    We had better try and compensate up front then and get the goals, yo balance out what we will concede....

Odds on both teams scoring will be very poor I imagine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭yipeeeee

Walcott to miss united with injury.

Happy Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

yipeeeee wrote: »
    Walcott to miss united with injury.

Happy Friday.

Source?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭Nemeses2050

keano_afc wrote: »
    Source?

Here's more from Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger on England goal sensation Danny Welbeck: "I always respected him and he has a great future. But he's gained more respect over the last few months. Louis van Gaal didn't have him under his command for very long so it's difficult to judge players."
    He also praises Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain: "He's growing every game. It's good for him to score. The quality of his run [for his goal v Scotland] was intelligent."
    He says Theo Walcott won't be available for the Manchester United game tomorrow. - BBC sport

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Ken Shamrock

And saw this on Twitter:

Arsenal FC ‏@Arsenal 53 minutes ago
    Boss on @theowalcott: "I don't think he will be available tomorrow" #AFCvMUFC

And saw this on Twitter:

Arsenal FC ‏@Arsenal 53 minutes ago
    Boss on @theowalcott: "I don't think he will be available tomorrow" #AFCvMUFC

he does like to spring a surprise on us though. "don't think" is not exactly definitive, who knows though, no point trying to double guess him

So what's the predicted team 2mo then?

Sczc
    Chambers---Mert---Monreal---Gibbs

Arteta
    Wilshere----

Ramsey

Sanchez
    Welbz
    Cazorla

Personally I'd go with

Sczc
    Bellerin---Mert---Chambers---Gibbs

Ramsey
    Wilshere---

Caz

Ox
    Welbz
    Sanchez

Maybe swapping Ramsey with Arteta due to his form. Although mobility in the centre would be great

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭emmetlego

wawaman wrote: »

Something about the German contingent in our squad, a very amiable bunch. Always seem to handle themselves publicly with great dignity, yet still have a laugh at appropriate times.

On another note, sky running a poll at present, with "who was the best summer signing, Sanchez or DiMaria" and Sanchez is winning 74% to 26% at present. No brainer for me anyway!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

I hope Cazorla doesnt start tomorrow, has been awful since the Chelsea game. Stack the midfield with Arteta, Ramsey and Wilshere.

So what's the predicted team 2mo then?

Sczc
    Chambers---Mert---Monreal---Gibbs

Arteta
    Wilshere----

Ramsey

Sanchez
    Welbz
    Cazorla

Personally I'd go with

Sczc
    Bellerin---Mert---Chambers---Gibbs

Ramsey
    Wilshere---

Caz

Ox
    Welbz
    Sanchez

Maybe swapping Ramsey with Arteta due to his form. Although mobility in the centre would be great
    I think Arteta has to play - he makes the team tick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭byrneg28

I cant wait to see Giroud and Welbeck link up

Like the bargain basement version of Bergkamp and Henry :pac:

No but seriously.. I miss Giroud, so glad he's back :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭emmetlego

Were definitely going to win tomorrow. Sanchez just won the SSN vote 60-40! :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,665 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

emmetlego wrote: »
    Were definitely going to win tomorrow. Sanchez just won the SSN vote 60-40! :-)

That 40% must be United fans...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Paj

Raf32 wrote: »
    I hope Cazorla doesnt start tomorrow, has been awful since the Chelsea game. Stack the midfield with Arteta, Ramsey and Wilshere.

hate to say it but i have to agree, his form is in the toilet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Considering how much Sanchez was bought for compared to his actual value, which I think is more than what ye paid, its a no brainer.

I'd have Sanchez over Di Maria every day, a better footballer, excellent finisher and doesnt have the tendency to go down every 2 seconds and conducts himself better on the pitch, IMO, unlike Di Maria.

Thats not taking away from Di Maria as a footballer, whos top quality as well, but ye got an absolute bargain from Barca.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

I love Di Maria, unreal player and has started very well. Its just Sanchez has started unreal which is probably unfair to compare any new signing to him not called Cesc or Costa.

K4t wrote: »

Although Welbeck looks decent for us so far, I'd jump at that. United fans have underrated RVP so badly, carried them to a league.

• Advertisement

Although Welbeck looks decent for us so far, I'd jump at that. United fans have underrated RVP so badly, carried them to a league.

too much for his body though - now he's hobbling most of the time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,445 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

I wouldn't.
    I am delighted with Welbeck. Not just his goal-scoring but his energy. Tackling back when the ball is lost, putting defenders and keeper under pressure, aerial threat and general work ethic are all valuable assets.
    At 32 RVP just doesn't contribute that much.
    Loved RVP and opposed his sale but Danny is the top dog now.

I wouldn't.
    I am delighted with Welbeck. Not just his goal-scoring but his energy. Tackling back when the ball is lost, putting defenders and keeper under pressure, aerial threat and general work ethic are all valuable assets.

Might be jumping the gun a bit there. I appreciate is work ethic and he has shown glimpse's of class but his goal scoring has been pretty poor tbh.

greendom wrote: »
    too much for his body though - now he's hobbling most of the time.
    Agreed but in our formation with Walcott and Sanchez either side and him being his potent self we would be unstoppable up top.
    I wouldn't.
    i love him too but dont think he will ever develop that nasty streak that all top players like RVP have. I think Wenger will go with Giroud once he is fit which i dont agree with.

I love Di Maria, unreal player and has started very well. Its just Sanchez has started unreal which is probably unfair to compare any new signing to him not called Cesc or Costa.
    He has been very poor the last few games. He started well in games we dominated against weaker opposition. Needs to improve.
    Welbeck offers so much more now and will keep getting better. When Van Persie isn't scoring he's not doing much else.

i love him too but dont think he will ever develop that nasty streak that all top players like RVP have. I think Wenger will go with Giroud once he is fit which i dont agree with.[/QUOTE]

He fairly got stuck in against Scotland the other night. I was surprised by it and liked it. I think he is improving all the time and is on the up while RVP is on the down slope. A great asset to have on the squad for sure. His goal-scoring will improve too as his confidence rises. You have to remember he has only joined the team and is still learning.

Rome wasn't built in a day.

i love him too but dont think he will ever develop that nasty streak that all top players like RVP have. I think Wenger will go with Giroud once he is fit which i dont agree with.

He fairly got stuck in against Scotland the other night. I was surprised by it and liked it. I think he is improving all the time and is on the up while RVP is on the down slope. A great asset to have on the squad for sure. His goal-scoring will improve too as his confidence rises. You have to remember he has only joined the team and is still learning.

Rome wasn't built in a day.[/QUOTE]

Oh no agreed, definitely think he cam make it and has done well so far. But for right now for one season Id have RVP over him just for his clinical play. But long term welbeck yes, not much use long term in a 32 year old player.

I wouldn't.

His goalscoring?

2 in the league so far..

But for right now for one season Id have RVP over him just for his clinical play. But long term welbeck yes, not much use long term in a 32 year old player.
    He isn't even as clinical anymore, that's the problem.

K4t wrote: »
    He isn't even as clinical anymore, that's the problem.

Still a lot more clinical than Welbeck or Giroud though.

• Advertisement

His goalscoring?

2 in the league so far..

I think it will happen sooner than later. He's been banging them in for England so there's no reason that with similar supply he won't do it for Arsenal. Just needs time to click and when he does we'll all be singing his praises. Goal-scoring is a confidence thing.

I think it will happen sooner than later. He's been banging them in for England so there's no reason that with similar supply he won't do it for Arsenal. Just needs time to click and when he does we'll all be singing his praises. Goal-scoring is a confidence thing.
    Dont get me wrong you're probably right, but when you said you're delighted with his goal scoring so far I thought we were thinking of a different player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

I wouldn't.

Believe me, the happiness at him running around the field constantly dissipates when the poor goal ratio remains the same

I genuinely think he will be dropped for Giroud so his confidence will take a dent. I hope thats not the case, offers way more.

His goalscoring?

2 in the league so far..
    And 2 assists to Van Persie's 3 goals and no assists. He also offers a lot more in general play as others have alluded to and is quite clear if you watch both players in a game.

There is room for improvement with Welbeck regarding goal scoring of course and he is showing signs of improvement all the time which is the key for a 23 year old. He has also scored in Europe and regularly for England recently.

Believe me, the happiness at him running around the field constantly dissipates when the poor goal ratio remains the same
    Really? Because if I recall he scored quite regularly for Utd last season in his sole stint as our striker and was then shunted back to the wing/bench as reward for his contributions.

Anyone know when Sanchez flew back?

Need him fit and raring to go tomorrow.

Are people really expecting Welbeck and Giroud to be playing together?

BTW Godge if you're reading this I meant league goals, and you said the first didn't count so he's taking a while to get to 13. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Paj

Anyone know when Sanchez flew back?

Need him fit and raring to go tomorrow.

back since yesterday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭marvin80

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/arsenal/11243939/How-Arsenal-v-Manchester-United-lost-its-edge.html

Good article. Some great matches down through the years, just not the same bite to them these days at all

marvin80 wrote: »
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/arsenal/11243939/How-Arsenal-v-Manchester-United-lost-its-edge.html

Good article. Some great matches down through the years, just not the same bite to them these days at all

Nothing will beat them years of that rivalry for me, best years as a football fan.

Welbeck now a doubt for tomorrow with hamstring trouble SSN.
    Hope Sanchez is fit for tomorrow.

Is Giroud meant to be fit?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

Welbeck now a doubt for tomorrow with hamstring trouble SSN.
    Hope Sanchez is fit for tomorrow.

lol its quickly turning out to be an under 21 match between the two clubs!shoudl reduce my bloody ticket i paid to see the game tomorrow!

Getting sick of this nearly signed stuff from Arsene. Beginning to sound like Harry. Maybe he should just have signed the players we need.

• Advertisement

Getting sick of this nearly signed stuff from Arsene. Beginning to sound like Harry. Maybe he should just have signed the players we need.

To be fair, he is just responding to questions.

lol its quickly turning out to be an under 21 match between the two clubs!shoudl reduce my bloody ticket i paid to see the game tomorrow!

I'm sure Welbeck will start tomorrow

To be fair, he is just responding to questions.

Seems to be quite common lately. Seems able to list all the players he missed out on, why not go and guarantee a player instead of lamenting the fact of losing out. I get the feeling he will be saying the same thing about Carvalho/Schneiderlin in a few years too.

Seems to be quite common lately. Seems able to list all the players he missed out on, why not go and guarantee a player instead of lamenting the fact of losing out. I get the feeling he will be saying the same thing about Carvalho/Schneiderlin in a few years too.

he's been in football a long time - lots of clubs lose out on lots of players. Just journalists after headlines

he's been in football a long time - lots of clubs lose out on lots of players. Just journalists after headlines

Agreed but he is feeding them the stories. Just get what you need like Mourinho and dont be talking nonsense about who we could have got and sounding like Redknapp.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement