Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Raf32 wrote: »
    Agreed but he is feeding them the stories. Just get what you need like Mourinho and dont be talking nonsense about who we could have got and sounding like Redknapp.

how is he feeding them the stories ? they are asking him questions and he replies. He's quite polite that way

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

To be fair he has signed Ozil and Sanchez. A centre back and Schneiderlinn (who I think you'll get in January or in the Summer) and you'll be challenging for the title imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

K4t wrote: »
    To be fair he has signed Ozil and Sanchez. A centre back and Schneiderlinn (who I think you'll get in January or in the Summer) and you'll be challenging for the title imo.

Yup we would be fairly formidable then but can only see us getting one.

K4t wrote: »

Don't see it without a change in tactics. We've been 4th for a long time, Ozil didn't change it last season, Sanchez doesn't look to have changed it yet, and we'll again be ****ting ourselves about getting Bayern/Barcelona in the CL last 16 next month.

greendom wrote: »
    how is he feeding them the stories ? they are asking him questions and he replies. He's quite polite that way

Oh i thought he brought it up himself, apologies about that so. Still would rather he were like Mourinho and Fergie and give nothing to the lads that will be writing rubbish about him again in a few days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭yipeeeee

Who did he say he nearly signed?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

yipeeeee wrote: »
    Who did he say he nearly signed?

Messi & Pique came up in the conference today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Hasn't that been common knowledge for months?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

Paddy power paying out on Chelsea to win the league already.
    I know its only a massive publicity stunt but its a sign of how some people already think they have the league wrapped up

• Advertisement

wonga77 wrote: »
    Paddy power paying out on Chelsea to win the league already.
    I know its only a massive publicity stunt but its a sign of how some people already think they have the league wrapped up

Even if they collapse, i really dont think there is a team in the league capable of catching them. Maybe City could go on a run but thats it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

I haven't trawled the thread but are the reports of theo being injured again accurate? He possibly wasn't close to being full fitness and we've played him a little bit, England being so lacking in quality had to call him up and now he's injured again. Laughable

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,042 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

I haven't trawled the thread but are the reports of theo being injured again accurate? He possibly wasn't close to being full fitness and we've played him a little bit, England being so lacking in quality had to call him up and now he's injured again. Laughable

I think he is injured again. How serious? I dunno. Wenger definitely said he needed games and was available for selection by England though. For comparison, both Walcott and Falcao suffered ACL injuries in January which required surgery and neither have returned to full fitness since. Hardly laughable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,665 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

"Welbeck warned his future at Arsenal could be on the left wing." Great sure put him on the left and Ozil on the right :rolleyes:

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/nov/21/danny-welbeck-arsenal-left-wing-olivier-giroud?CMP=twt_gu

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,118 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

"Welbeck warned his future at Arsenal could be on the left wing." Great sure put him on the left and Ozil on the right :rolleyes:

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/nov/21/danny-welbeck-arsenal-left-wing-olivier-giroud?CMP=twt_gu

NOT. A. FUCKING. CLUE.

The left is becoming that spot where he throws anyone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

Ches is due a run there at this stage

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

We should really buy a dedicated left winger.....after the fabled DMF and CB signings though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

This bit bolded isn't mentioned at all... At least from what i read.

No where in the article does Wenger say that Welbeck will be played on the wing. All he says is that just because you play out on the wing doesn't mean you won't score goals. He also goes on to say about Welbeck being comfortable on the flanks.

Wengers quotes -
    “One of the main reasons [for Welbeck signing] was that he wanted to play,” Wenger said. “It was not a condition [to play as a central striker], it was just that he plays. You can have outstanding goalscoring records from players who play wide or central – that is not the problem. When you are a player, you want to play.
    I don’t think playing on the flanks will stop him from scoring. He had chances the other night [in the Scotland game] when he played on the left. With his pace, [Cristiano] Ronaldo played all his life on the flanks and scored more goals than games he played. I don’t think that will stop Welbeck. What is a problem for him is to play.”
    ,” Wenger said. “You feel at home a little bit. He looks comfortable there because he knows what to do. It is linked sometimes with your preferential vision as well. We all have preferential vision and sometimes players see better on their right and sometimes players see better on their left. So when you have better right vision and you play on the left, you see the whole pitch.”

Pure click bate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

I cant remember any actual left wingers since Pires.

Diaby for a bit, Gervinho, arshavin?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,416 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

We should really buy a dedicated left winger.....after the fabled DMF and CB signings though

Ive thought that for a while, I think the team is unbalanced with the right having options that the left doesn't have! I wonder is Draxler still on our radar.

Jesus, actually didn't realise Welbeck had started 12 matches already.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,080 ✭✭✭DenMan

Jesus, actually didn't realise Welbeck had started 12 matches already.

Lucky 13 to score today against his old team! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭kellso81

How many goals has he in the 12 premier league games?

kellso81 wrote: »
    How many goals has he in the 12 premier league games?

2 goals in 8 PL games.
    3 goals in 4 CL games (all in one match).

Hard to argue against 5 in 12 but still. :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭yipeeeee

2 goals in 8 PL games.

I have said he needs to step up big time, still convinced.

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭kellso81

I'd be unsure what way to go from here with Giroud back. Welbeck and Sanchez seem to work well together but i think Giroud is so important to the way the whole team plays. He keeps his back to goal, holds the ball up and allows Walcott/Ramsey/Wilshere/Ozil to run past him. I think it's no coincidence Ramsey's form is in the toilet when Giroud hasn't been playing. I don't think the two can play together. Interesting to see how it's going to settle in the next few weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

kellso81 wrote: »
    I'd be unsure what way to go from here with Giroud back. Welbeck and Sanchez seem to work well together but i think Giroud is so important to the way the whole team plays. He keeps his back to goal, holds the ball up and allows Walcott/Ramsey/Wilshere/Ozil to run past him. I think it's no coincidence Ramsey's form is in the toilet when Giroud hasn't been playing. I don't think the two can play together. Interesting to see how it's going to settle in the next few weeks

This whole broken ankle thing is a smokescreen. Wenger has spent the last 3 months turning him into a centre half.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 417 ✭✭Wolf Club

2 goals in 8 PL games.

I think Sanchez banging them in will impact on the amount Welbeck scores, with him as the go to man for goals, Welbeck is never going to get as many as he would if he were the focal point. It's a bit like Benzema, he'd most likely be scoring 30+ if he played for a team that didn't have such a prolific scorer as Ronaldo (not saying Welbeck is on the sane level as Benzema but in context I think it's a good comparison).

Wolf Club wrote: »
    I think Sanchez banging them in will impact on the amount Welbeck scores, with him as the go to man for goals, Welbeck is never going to get as many as he would if he were the focal point. It's a bit like Benzema, he'd most likely be scoring 30+ if he played for a team that didn't have such a prolific scorer as Ronaldo (not saying Welbeck is on the sane level as Benzema but in context I think it's a good comparison).

Sanchez looks class with or without Welbeck on the pitch is all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

This was the fixture that was the highlight of the season for me but I just cant seem to get excited about today for some reason:confused: Very disillusioned in this current team and Wenger if im being honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Jaafa

I'm so fuc!ing nervous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Welbeck is a great bit of stuff and does more tracking back that our entire midfield.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

On my way to the Emirates. Always excited going there

On my way to the Emirates. Always excited going there

Have a good one! Hopefully they give yee something to shout about!

Welbeck is a great bit of stuff and does more tracking back that our entire midfield.
    Our one striker. :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Ken Shamrock

Pretty happy with the performance so far, extremely pissed off with Welbeck such a poor poor finisher...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Pretty happy with the performance so far, extremely pissed off with Welbeck such a poor poor finisher...

I'm the opposite disapointed. United are poor today and are there for the taking yet we don't want to take it.

The misses have been woeful

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

How does Jack miss that? :(

Dont you mean Wilshere? Miss of the century that was. Performance has been okay but same old same old, loads of possession but fail to take our chances.

• Advertisement

We went to Pool and Chelses last year and played the first 30 as bad as United just have and conceeded loads.

Our turn today and 0-0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Why didn't Jack pass to Sanchez?

Such basic stuff!

Gringo180 wrote: »
    Dont you mean Wilshere? Miss of the century that was. Performance has been okay but same old same old, loads of possession but fail to take our chances.

He had a good chance hit the target and the keeper made a good save, can't say that about Welbeck.

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    Why didn't Jack pass to Sanchez?

Such basic stuff!

It's the football brain he doesn't have.

We really should beat United 2nd half if we get 1 we could get 3

He had a good chance hit the target and the keeper made a good save, can't say that about Welbeck.

Ah come in he hit the keeper from 6 yards pass it in or lay to Sanchez it's the miss of the game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 828 ✭✭✭TUBBY

Soups123 wrote: »
    It's the football brain he doesn't have.

We really should beat United 2nd half if we get 1 we could get 3

its if we get three i would start worrying with recent history.

Ah stop now. It was a much much easier chance than any Arsenal player has had all season, he basically hit it straight at DDG, the left hand side of the goal and were 1-0 up. Awful miss.

Soups123 wrote: »
    Ah come in he hit the keeper from 6 yards pass it in or lay to Sanchez it's the miss of the game

Look no doubt it was poor, he had the left hand side wide open and sanchez free but Welbeck has been shocking

Gringo180 wrote: »
    Ah stop now. It was a much much easier chance than any Arsenal player has had all season, he basically hit it straight at DDG, the left hand side of the goal and were 1-0 up. Awful miss.

Again, obviously a bad miss, best chance of the season? Come off it

• Advertisement

Is Ramsey even playing? Another player that should be on the bench today.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement