Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭omega man

Irish Aris wrote: »
    yeah, at this stage (me, the ever optimist), would like to hear what the excuse will be for today. . .

That's the thing, there is NO excuses today. He has to go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

I was in the Aviva

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Just so disillusioned with this team, we all knew we would lose. It shouldnt be like that, should be excited about games but whats the point. Season is over for us already and I want no one telling me its not. So much cheap options instead of signing proper class Szc, Mert, Monreal at cb. Only positive was Arteta, played brilliantly but i await his usual injury nowadays. Only the most blinkered fan could still back Wenger.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 828 ✭✭✭TUBBY

In fairness, Swansea away and United at home _ two losses. No cutting edge. Players who look good for England and Wales look **** for us.

That lineup 11 v 11 was good enough to beat a crap utd.

If this was a new manager he would be gone. Wenger can't live off 10 years ago any longer. We are a really beatable mid table team now.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

bad2dabone wrote: »
    Seriously.

No defending the man any more.

I think even the doubters are switching so on mass most fans want him out yet his job is the safest of every manager in the league, there is no chance he will walk or be pushed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

It is soul destroying following Arsenal these days. Wenger really has to go, its obvious he is no longer up to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

omega man wrote: »
    That's the thing, there is NO excuses today. He has to go.

I am sure that something will come up, omega man.

I am against changing a manager mid season, but now I start wondering if we can call this year off, and find someone immediately, and start planning now for next season.
    I know, I know, no one is available and all. but something's got to give. . .

efb wrote: »
    I was in the Aviva

Lucky you. Only for that result I'd be on a right downer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,450 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Raf32 wrote: »
    Just so disillusioned with this team, we all knew we would lose. It shouldnt be like that, should be excited about games but whats the point. Season is over for us already and I want no one telling me its not. So much cheap options instead of signing proper class Szc, Mert, Monreal at cb. Only positive was Arteta, played brilliantly but i await his usual injury nowadays. Only the most blinkered fan could still back Wenger.

Arteta was rubbish.
    Gave the ball away numerous times inc for their second and crucial goal. Then he jogged back.

• Advertisement

Giroud scored. Delighted for my bf ❤️😘

TUBBY wrote: »
    In fairness, Swansea away and United at home _ two losses. No cutting edge. Players who look good for England and Wales look **** for us.

That lineup 11 v 11 was good enough to beat a crap utd.

If this was a new manager he would be gone. Wenger can't live off 10 years ago any longer. We are a really beatable mid table team now.

England were playing Scotland tho

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

How can wenger get the blame for that game

We battered them couldn't score then the players dons there usual implosion after conceding

He prob has to go but it's pîssing me off how them players get a free ride in all this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

Wilshire going off changed the game as well as a silly mistake from Gibbs. Utd defended very well as a team. That's about it really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Arteta was rubbish.
    Gave the ball away numerous times inc for their second and crucial goal. Then he jogged back.

Arteta was actually quite good.

Arteta was rubbish.

i thought he was brilliant all game tbh, bossed them off the ball and great pass for our goal.

• Advertisement

Irish Aris wrote: »
    I am sure that something will come up, omega man.

I am against changing a manager mid season, but now I start wondering if we can call this year off, and find someone immediately, and start planning now for next season.
    I know, I know, no one is available and all. but something's got to give. . .

If we don't then watch sanchez leave in the summer. He's wasted on wenger right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

3 wins in our last 30 v United and Chelsea...

We battered them couldn't score then the players dons there usual implosion after conceding

He prob has to go but it's pîssing me off how them players get a free ride in all this

There his players they are his tactics it is his fault, how anyone can say otherwise is shocking

Players aren't playing for him

There his players, the ones he puts faith in. The ones a lot of non arsenal fans will tell you are average.

efb wrote: »
    Giroud scored. Delighted for my bf ❤️😘

I thought that was wenger ;-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

Well that was depressing. So inevitable, utd defended well but they are a shadow of the team they were which makes the defeat even worse

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭CurryFlavoured

I don't see how people can sit still and point at supposed over reactions. This time last season we were winning the league, had a solid backline and looked like we were an attacker away from a sustained challenge. We invested huge money in summer and brought in a WC attacker but have somehow come out with more problems than last season and are currently a complete shambles. The 'laissez faire' attitude in the team where Wenger promotes player intelligence in completely outdated, barely any of our players actually have defined roles on the pitch, they do what they want because Wenger trusts them. Tactically we're absolutely nowhere, and our formation which worked quite well last season has been ****ed around with to accommodate Wilshere, another needless change that disrupted any flow we had from last season. We'll improve but only by the time the title is long gone. It's the same crap every year, we either start well and fade early or start poorly and perform to get top 4 by the time the title's gone. We'll probably squeeze top4 this season due to the shocking standard at the top of the EPL, but we're completely mediocre, structurally nowhere and not improving any time soon the way the club is run.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭shano_88

Hard to fully blame Wenger for that one. We played very well at times but it was a Shocking display of finishing and we completely lost our shape when we conceded. Was beyond obvious that United were gonna score on the counter. Went gung ho far too early.

I understand the General consenous he has to go

But blaming him after that is just lazy

We played very good created enough chances to win both games

There is more to loosing a game than just turning out the usual **** of wenger out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

Raf32 wrote: »
    There his players, the ones he puts faith in. The ones a lot of non arsenal fans will tell you are average.

there are some cracking players in our squad but we're a club still littered with average players. But unlike last season most of those cracking players ain't performing.

I don't see Wenger going guys, so all this moaning won't do us any good sadly.

The sad thing is there is no hope of him going. Another two seasons of this could really turn ya off football.

Pudders wrote: »
    I'm outside the ground, left early 1000s calling wenger out outside the shop. ****ing joke tonight. He is finished sadly.

This type of reaction is a first at a home game I'd reckon.

Looper007 wrote: »
    there are some cracking players in our squad but we're a club still littered with average players. But unlike last season most of those cracking players ain't performing.

I don't see Wenger going guys, so all this moaning won't do us any good sadly.

What did moaning very achieve? 😕

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

We're a joke completely clueless out there against a team who is way worse than us somehow , The funny thing is Di Maria and Sanchez are the only 2 who would get in to the arsenal and united teams back when we were proper rivals..

Wenger has got to go now ........**** waiting till the summer the damage could be irreversible by then and yes i've always thought Arsene should have got more time , but this is it , Don't say half our team is injured because that is always the case , We need a new manager and a new backroom staff and fast

• Advertisement

There is more to loosing a game than just turning out the usual **** of wenger out

I don't see how you see it.

He had no control over the team once we went one down, they just all went forward Gary Neville called it early. The players don't play for him it's so obvious, he has no answers to any questions

Wenger is 100% to blame

We're a joke completely clueless out there against a team who is way worse than us somehow , The funny thing is Di Maria and Sanchez are the only 2 who would get in to the arsenal and united teams back when we were proper rivals..

Wenger has got to go now ........**** waiting till the summer the damage could be irreversible by then and yes i've always thought Arsene should have got more time , but this is it , Don't say half our team is injured because that is always the case , We need a new manager and a new backroom staff and fast
    Welcome to the other side, there comes a point for us all

This type of reaction is a first at a home game I'd reckon.

no good doing it outside the shop really, to be fair.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

and what does that say about our team?
    That we play well and lose by an average Utd team?
    Is it that we are average?
    If so, who's fault is it?

We can't keep looking at games in isolation though. There's a bigger picture.

Soups123 wrote: »
    Welcome to the other side, there comes a point for us all

He's still not going anywhere though. Far too much power at the club.

Did I miss something. Where is Walcott. Not injured again surely. Also no pod in the squad who can grab a goal. He isn't even making use of what he has at his disposal.

Looper007 wrote: »
    no good doing it outside the shop really, to be fair.

Not fair on the players if it's inside during a game though. The club needs to get the message.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭shano_88

Even though I'm immensely frustrated at the moment and results clearly aren't good enough, it would be a monumental mistake to get rid of Wenger in the morning.

His time could be up at the end of the season tho

• Advertisement

More people turn by the week. If he walked now we could have a transitional season and make progress next year. I said at start of the year that there was more chance we would come fifth over first and was laughed out of it.

True sadly all this "we still played well" isn't going to make the result better. We are out of the league by November and we are playing our worst football in years. How much longer can the man get away with it,

Look he prob has too go

But blaming him for that is lazy

We done enough to win that game twice

shano_88 wrote: »
    Even though I'm immensely frustrated at the moment and results clearly aren't good enough, it would be a monumental mistake to get rid of Wenger in the morning.

Another 30 odd games of this ****e. No thanks.

Same gap to 3rd as 3rd last.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

TUBBY wrote: »
    Did I miss something. Where is Walcott. Not injured again surely. Also no pod in the squad who can grab a goal. He isn't even making use of what he has at his disposal.

Walcott is injured again. Another three weeks i think

• Advertisement

One goal spread over 2 matches couldn't win both of them.

shano_88 wrote: »

So why wait? We are 8th don't look like improving, the feeling in the club is rotten. Keeping him here just means he pushes us further back

Not fair on the players if it's inside during a game though. The club needs to get the message.

Not fair for the fans when the players put on performances like this week in week out, I'm sure their big pay packets will get them over it. It had to be done during the game and not by a small percentage of fans, how much longer are we as fans going to accept this crap.

Look he prob has too go

But blaming him for that is lazy

Ok so blame certain players then? Should they be dropped? If so who replaces them? I think we have the players to compete so for me it's wenger, he's the root cause. Ffs we're what 15 points behind Chelsea on November 22nd!

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭duckman!!

Jürgen Klopp has pretty much said "preimer league...come get me"
    Would u kick wenger out tomorrow for him??

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement