Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭yipeeeee

We have kos, ozil, Theo and debuchy to come back.

Just saying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭yipeeeee

duckman!! wrote: »
    Jürgen Klopp has pretty much said "preimer league...come get me"
    Would u kick wenger out tomorrow for him??

Tough one but its about time we grew some balls and went for it with a big decision.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭omega man

yipeeeee wrote: »

Just saying.

Just in time for the January "like new signings" so.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

duckman!! wrote: »
    Jürgen Klopp has pretty much said "preimer league...come get me"
    Would u kick wenger out tomorrow for him??

Yes the should swap jobs they'd probably both be successful

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

Just saying.

United have about 10 players injured themselves...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

Just saying.

we always have players out. Always.
    Doesn't make any difference

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

All the Dortmund and Klopp knocking in this thread will be answered again during the week. 3-1 Dortmund

Raf32 wrote: »
    All the Dortmund and Klopp knocking in this thread will be answered again during the week. 3-1 Dortmund

Probably. The players will be a bundle of nerves that night.

omega man wrote: »
    Ok so blame certain players then? Should they be dropped? If so who replaces them? I think we have the players to compete so for me it's wenger, he's the root cause. Ffs we're what 15 points behind Chelsea on November 22nd!

Exactly he picked the players

He decided to start Ramsey who has been a passenger for weeks, he comments about England and were they play Wilshire yet he gets MOTMs for them and struggled for us.

He plays Monreal CB

He signs the bundles of midfielders all of the same molde.

If he bought the right players and they failed to perform then blame them too but we've too many average players playing out of position

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Ken Shamrock

Love to hear what the likes of Greendom and EFB have to say. Just bad luck for Wenger like the last 10 ****ing years yeah. And that goal Giroud scored pfft give Welbeck 20,000 tries he wouldn't get one on ****ing target. So unbelivabley sick of this sh1t, i may be overreacting cause im sooooooo pissed off but might take a break from Arsenal. Be better for my health

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,592 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

Hate having a **** goalie, makes everyone jittery.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭farna_boy

Am I the only one who thought we pretty much dominated the whole game today? Our biggest problem was that we didn't convert the chances when we had them and then when they got the first goal we were chasing it and were unlucky to concede the second.

Not really sure what Wenger could have done differently

Love to hear what the likes of Greendom and EFB have to say. Just bad luck for Wenger like the last 10 ****ing years yeah. And that goal Giroud scored pfft give Welbeck 20,000 tries he wouldn't get one on ****ing target. So unbelivabley sick of this sh1t, i may be overreacting cause im sooooooo pissed off but might take a break from Arsenal. Be better for my health

You know you won't though!! You'll be back here for the Dortmund game like the rest of us dopes ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

farna_boy wrote: »
    Am I the only one who thought we pretty much dominated the whole game today? Our biggest problem was that we didn't convert the chances when we had them and then when they got the first goal we were chasing it and were unlucky to concede the second.

Less of that now

Blame wenger

Wengerout

1-2. That's all that matters.

Buy the right players, play the right players, motivate said players, give them tactics that work, play them in there right positions, have diversity in players

The results on the field are a consequence of him

Hate having a **** goalie, makes everyone jittery.

Yup exactly how I feel. De Gea and United were under the cosh most of the game and he was relatively brilliant but that's what spending money gets you. We went cheap and get what we get.

You forgot about Szczesny making a mess of the only think he had to do all game.

and the one thing he had to do wasn't that difficult.

He let all his team mates down and killed the game.

Funny how some claimed DeGae to be worse the Schez mid week, I hope they watched today

• Advertisement

Create loads of chances, concede a freak own goal.

Would love someone to explain how today is the manager's fault.

Soups123 wrote: »
    Funny how some claimed DeGae to be worse the Schez mid week, I hope they watched today

I couldnt get over how biased some in here can be, its not even close tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭king Henry 14

Worse utd team in years and they come to the Emirates having not won away from home all season and leave with 3 points. Ridiculous. No organisation once we go behind. Wenger should hang his head in shame for allowing the same thing to happen week in week out and not change anything. Time for a change.

Many have.

You can't fail to buy the players needed, persist with non performers, play players out of position & have too many average players and then say he's not at fault

Average out of form players miss chances that's why there average, play them knowing that then they can't be blamed

Wenger has set the rot

Because when you fall behind you don't allow your team to lose its shape and leave gaps everywhere. And its happening every week. Thats how it's his fault.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

Different day but the same old ****e

• Advertisement

Keeps playing not good enough players in key positions like goalkeepers and central defence.

Their mistakes just sap all the confidence out of the team but Szczesny will be back in the team asap thanks to Wenger.

It's 6 years ago! My time machine works!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

3 wins in our last 30 v United and Chelsea...

Damning

Keeps playing not good enough players in key positions like goalkeepers and central defence.

Their mistakes just sap all the confidence out of the team but Szczesny will be back in the team asap thanks to Wenger.

Overall he prob he has to go

Today he had the team set up well and we created enough to win

Everyone is blaming Him for today I'm not the players couldn't finish there chances today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,450 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Worse utd team in years and they come to the Emirates having not won away from home all season and leave with 3 points. Ridiculous. No organisation once we go behind. Wenger should hang his head in shame for allowing the same thing to happen week in week out and not change anything. Time for a change.

The problem is that he'll still be here next season and the one after.
    Wenger will never be sacked imo.
    He is well past his sell by date as we all know and is tactically inept but expect more of the same.
    As for the players, they are nowhere near as good as they think they are. The passing today was terrible and we all know they lack heart and guts when it counts. Some of them are a bit petulant too with Wilshere luck to stay on the field tonight.
    This Arsenal team and manager are going nowhere. I expect the same early exit from the CL too. Far too tame and easily out-fought.

• Advertisement

Should we finish outside the top 4 this season there'll actually be people who'll say that it shows the penny-pinching was correct to offset losing out on CL money. :pac:

I wonder when they will announce the price rises. Seems no good moment for them too.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

I understand the General consenous he has to go

But blaming him after that is just lazy

We played very good created enough chances to win both games

There is more to loosing a game than just turning out the usual **** of wenger out

One manager changed his team at half time to alter the game. The other didnt. Wenger is indefensible. He is destroying his legacy and destroying this season. It'll get worse before it gets better.

I feel so frustrated with the situation.

We cannot expect to hold on to alexis if we keep this rubbish up.

Overall he prob he has to go

Today he had the team set up well and we created enough to win

Everyone is blaming Him for today I'm not the players couldn't finish there chances today

You can't win a game when your goalie gives away a goal like that, just kills the morale of the team and sets us up for a counter which happened.

bad2dabone wrote: »
    I feel so frustrated with the situation.

We cannot expect to hold on to alexis if we keep this rubbish up.

Be interesting to see if someone like City came in for him in Jan.

If the gk is injured, we should really push for Cech, would be one of our best signings in the last 15 years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

If the gk is injured, we should really push for Cech, would be one of our best signings in the last 15 years.

Don't be silly Jose won't sell to us :pac: Come on Raf

At 7m or so I'd snap that up. We also need the long awaited midfielder and centre half.
    And of course, a new manager.

Looper007 wrote: »
    Don't be silly Jose won't sell to us :pac: Come on Raf

Well hopefully it pushes him into the market for a legitimate #1

• Advertisement

Injured or not we should go for cech. On a totally different level to sczez.

Well hopefully it pushes him into the market for a legitimate #1

He bought one in david ospina. But he's injured.

Looper007 wrote: »
    He bought one in david ospina. But he's injured.

If he is why hasnt he pushed out a relatively above average gk before his injuries?

Injured or not we should go for cech. On a totally different level to sczez.

Anyone bringing up the idea of signing Cech are out of their heads on something. Jose wouldn't piss on us. He rather sell him to anyone else.

I'm definitely hitting the liquor this evening

If he is why hasnt he pushed out a relatively above average gk before his injuries?

Our manager.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 630 ✭✭✭liamygunner29

Tonight is not the manager's fault ,what is inexcusable for me is the fact that Chesea and United have destroyed us in recent years. Our record against them is deplorable. That is certainly his fault, our performances last year against top sides was also atrocious.

I think it is his fault as he lost some of his edge and became too insular. Jose builds up a huge bite in his team and you can tell he thinks beating Arsene is easy, Louis VG was confident today. Ferguson commetned on Wenger losing it as well.

I would refer him to not be so stubborn and conceited and get back to the drawing board than to leave.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Id be really surprised if Cech was sold in January and 100% not to a rival.

Cech may leave in the summer and i think he will but not January.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭farna_boy

Soups123 wrote: »
    Buy the right players, play the right players, motivate said players, give them tactics that work, play them in there right positions, have diversity in players

The results on the field are a consequence of him

Who should have played today instead of the team that was sent out?
    Did the players look unmotivated to you?
    What was so wrong with the tactics today?
    Who was playing out of position?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,450 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

bad2dabone wrote: »
    I'm definitely hitting the liquor this evening

Jaysus you should be used to this by now.
    It's been happening for 10 feckin years.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement