Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Today

Ok cool..

If you actually think he cost us the game today then you're mad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,592 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    Ok cool..

If you actually think he cost us the game today then you're mad.

I think if he kicked the ball into his own net you would defend him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Will we actually see some sort of change to the backline for wed or is it more of the same? Surely Hayden/Bellerin cant do any worse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

• Registered Users Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭omega man

Lads we could have 2 goalkeepers playing and we'd still be rubbish. It's not our biggest problem by a mile.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,665 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

omega man wrote: »
    Lads we could have 2 goalkeepers playing and we'd still be rubbish. It's not our biggest problem by a mile.

No one is saying its our biggest problem but to think we are fine in that department is wrong imo.

Could have been so different if Wilshere wasnt a bottler. Did the same Chelsea away too.

We concede without the opposition having a shot on target and our goalie is not part of the problem?

If he commanded his box for that cross we probably would be here celebrating a win.

We played well up too that point and that completely changed the game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

We concede without the opposition having a shot on target and our goalie is not part of the problem?

If he commanded his box for that cross we probably would be here celebrating a win.

Gibbs was pushed into him it was a foul lads been very harsh on scez here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Wilshires decision to shot instead o squaring for a tap in was critical. Utd were on the ropes then and had that gone in I reckon theyed have shipped 2 or 3 more goals

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Wilshere is an idiot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

emmetlego wrote: »
    we did very well today, on every front bar where it counts.

Typical Arsenal for how many years now?

In fairness I never gave an opinion on Schez. I only said its not our biggest problem. In fact we could have the best keeper in the world along with messi and ronaldo and we'd still screw the pooch.

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Wilshires decision to shot instead o squaring for a tap in was critical. Utd were on the ropes then and had that gone in I reckon theyed have shipped 2 or 3 more goals

If we scored there I think we would have won the game handy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,456 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

GavRedKing wrote: »

Exactly. There is a lot of greed in our players. Ramsey should have given another ball to a better placed Gibbs too but shot over instead.

Really disappointed with that loss today. The worse United team I can remember apart from last season. I think Arteta lost the ball for both their goals. He certainly did for their second but a good DM would have been behind the ball and might have prevented the second.

Should've been no need for Wilshere to square it. Shooting wasn't the wrong decision, shooting so late and centrally was the wrong decision.

Can't really blame Chesney for the goal either.

However it's far, far too regularly that we lose out due to a flukey goal or unlucky goal. That's not a coincidence.

Is Wenger too divisive a character between the fans to get a statue when he does go? (he deserves one 100%)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭farna_boy

Soups123 wrote: »
    Okay whatever

Watch from after goal number one and tell me the tactics were spot on.

At some point you will realise AW is the problem

Up until goal number one the tactics were pretty much perfect though. I totally agree that things went to **** after that and it was almost predictable that we would concede again, but what are we supposed to do?

My point was that up until goal number one, it wasn't the tactics that failed us, it was key decisions by a few players. But most on here won't even admit that, they want Wenger gone, despite that the tactics that he sent them out there with today worked, it was failings of the players that lost us the game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

I love how you completely ignore that Gibbs smashes Chesney in the process.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,410 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Raf32 wrote: »
    Is Wenger too divisive a character between the fans to get a statue when he does go? (he deserves one 100%)

There is literally no argument for him not getting a statue.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    There is literally no argument for him not getting a statue.

Agreed just afraid he may have become such a divisive character that they might just leave it. Best person in our history though.

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    I love how you completely ignore that Gibbs smashes Chesney in the process.

I know its never super Chesney's fault.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

well u all know i went to the match and quit frankly it ruined my evening.

****ing pathetic from arsenal in every single thing from passing, first touches, positioning, movement, defending, setpiece, finishing etc etc was all pathetic.

How can anyone defend wenger and back him is beyond me.

sickens me seeing this club the way it is right now.

I dont care if wenger was a god 20 years ago. he deserves the sack right now. no man is bigger then the club.

i support my club, not wenger and wish he just goes!

Agreed just afraid he may have become such a divisive character that they might just leave it. Best person in our history though.

best person?

Just because he won lots 20 years ago and help us move to a stadium? no he aint the best. his quickly becoming terrible!

best person?

Just because he won lots 20 years ago and help us move to a stadium? no he aint the best. his quickly becoming terrible!

He was our best 100% did more that anyone for this club imo. But he is so finished its just uncomfortable even watching him do interviews now. man should have went out on top last year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,665 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Does anyone here really have the stomach for another "battle" for 4th place? What the fcuk is the point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 828 ✭✭✭TUBBY

well u all know i went to the match and quit frankly it ruined my evening.

****ing pathetic from arsenal in every single thing from passing, first touches, positioning, movement, defending, setpiece, finishing etc etc was all pathetic.

How can anyone defend wenger and back him is beyond me.

sickens me seeing this club the way it is right now.

I dont care if wenger was a god 20 years ago. he deserves the sack right now. no man is bigger then the club.

i support my club, not wenger and wish he just goes!

was the protest obvious enough for the club to take notice would you think.

Does anyone here really have the stomach for another "battle" for 4th place? What the fcuk is the point.

Didnt want to say it because think it will be greeted with a negative response. Dont care where we come now as long as we have a fresh start under someone else next year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

What was the mood in the stadium like Johnny? Before the game

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭symbolic

TUBBY wrote: »
    was the protest obvious enough for the club to take notice would you think.

I didn't notice it anyway. Everyone seemed happy enough around me unitl United got lucky with the goal then people got frustrated wanting the equaliser, good few left when second went in then, but ye had to go for it. Lots of giving out then! But an awful lot stayed and applauded the team afterwards.

I thought you's played very well. Wilshire knocking in his chance woulda changed the whole thing. And the lucky United goal. They weren't in the game at all. Shame really.

wonga77 wrote: »
    What was the mood in the stadium like Johnny? Before the game

before the game it was ok.

A soon as wilhere fluffed that chance i knew it was game over. everyone else did and that was in the 1st half

There were times where we would attack with 5 players upfront , ye 5 in line with wellbeck? And as soon we lost the ball, those 5 players would just jog along with united back 4 instead of some of them rushing back to support the none existant midfield.

When we had the ball, what happened is that well nothing happened. There was no movement? Everyone was static.

i reckon me and my 10 mate could defend all day long against arsenal and im not joking

The thing is though, many who go watch arsenal play aint die hard fans but more spoilt rich kids who can afford to get to games easily.

I guarantee you that if ticket prices where cheap and available to only people who are die hard fans, no one would be clapping.

Also when the final whistle went, everyone was booing

He was our best 100% did more that anyone for this club imo. But he is so finished its just uncomfortable even watching him do interviews now. man should have went out on top last year.

George Graham won 2 league titles, an fa cup, 2 league cups and a UEFA cup winners cup in a fairly short period of time also.

Ok the football wasn't near wengers but remember the club had won fcuk all in many years before he took over. I thought Graham would be a side note in our history back in 2005 but wenger's trophies dried up big time.

George Graham won 2 league titles, an fa cup, 2 league cups and a UEFA cup winners cup in a fairly short period of time also.

Ok the football wasn't near wengers but remember the club had won fcuk all in many years before he took over. I thought Graham would be a side note in our history back in 2005 but wenger's trophies dried up big time.

Ah come on ffs

Wenger transformed the club

Ah come on ffs

We really look "transformed" for the last few seasons alright.

Ah come on ffs

I'm not comparing them ffs.

I merely pointed out we had other sucessful managers. Graham brought huge success to a club that hadn't won anything in a long long time. Did he not? Wenger brought it to another level completely but we had been league winners only 5 years or so before he took over. It's worth noting, that's all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭yipeeeee

Ah come on ffs

Into what?

Arsenal have always been a successful team, 3rd most in England.

Long before Wenger arrived.

So tell me what has he transformed us into?

• Advertisement

yipeeeee wrote: »
    Into what?

Transformed our playing style, built us a new stadium, gave us the invincibles

Some ungrateful pricks on these forum

• Registered Users Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭emmetlego

yipeeeee wrote: »
    Into what?

If you really have to ask that, debate in nonsensical.

His decision (Very brave) to move us from Highbury to Emirates, put us on an equal financial footing with all the other top clubs, and he could forsee the rapid financial expansions of the other clubs before everyone else.

The mocking of him is startling. He only really has had money to spend in the last 2/3 years, whilst all others have been using open purse strings (sorry for getting Shakespearean) he is still playing catch up, all the while, dealing with a crippling injury list.

I feel the vast majority of the people calling for Wenger need to think of the 'what if' he goes, and 'who replaces'… It's still not comfortable enough for me!

Wenger in. (for now)

So explain what has gone wrong since.

I'm not even a wenger in anymore think I would like to see change in the summer

But to dismiss what he done for the club is baffling

So explain what has gone wrong since.

Maybe he is loosing his touch not as good a manger I'm not sure

Still don't take away from what he done for the club, and to just dismiss it is ignorant

He delivered the on pitch success which in turn brought the revenue in to allow for the building of the new stadium I agree. You make it sound like he personally coughed up the cash though!

To call other arsenal fans pricks is a bit much. Arsene is not arsenal FC. Who are you to judge other supporters?

• Advertisement

Maybe he is loosing his touch not as good a manger I'm not sure

Still don't take away from what he done for the club, and to just dismiss it is ignorant

I didn't see anyone who didn't give him credit for what he has done.
    Most are just pointing out that he has lost the knack.
    Same as Brian Clough at Derby.
    Nobody is irreplaceable.

I didn't see anyone who didn't give him credit for what he has done.
    Most are just pointing out that he has lost the knack.
    Same as Brian Clough at Derby.
    Nobody is irreplaceable.

Read back the thread so tayto

playing style? LOL

emmetlego wrote: »
    If you really have to ask that, debate in nonsensical.

His decision (Very brave) to move us from Highbury to Emirates, put us on an equal financial footing with all the other top clubs, and he could forsee the rapid financial expansions of the other clubs before everyone else.

The mocking of him is startling. He only really has had money to spend in the last 2/3 years, whilst all others have been using open purse strings (sorry for getting Shakespearean) he is still playing catch up, all the while, dealing with a crippling injury list.

I feel the vast majority of the people calling for Wenger need to think of the 'what if' he goes, and 'who replaces'… It's still not comfortable enough for me!

Wenger in. (for now)

I doubt it was his decision but he had influence no doubt.

I don't see people here mocking him. Look at other English arsenal dedicated forums and you'll see that in spades. It's very balanced here.

I'm not buying the catch up stuff either. He's just spent big money over the last year or 2 and we've regressed (this season anyhow). I think it's simply down to the fact his philosophy on how the game should be played is outdated and unless he adapts he'll only struggle further. That's my take.

playing style? LOL

Yeah we never played good football under him jonney LOL

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement