Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

he simply needs to go. fulll stop

Yeah we never played good football under him jonney LOL

weve been playing brilliant football for the last 5 years LOL.

You sir are stuck in the 90's.

Your too hung up on what happened and how we played 10 years and use that as an excuse to defend wenger.

Yea we get it, you support wenger not arsenal the football club

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

weve been playing brilliant football for the last 5 years LOL.

You sir are stuck in the 90's.

Your too hung up on what happened and how we played 10 years and use that as an excuse to defend wenger.

Yea we get it, you support wenger not arsenal the football club

Jonney your obivoulsy drunk cause I havent a fcuking clue what your arguing over

• Registered Users Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭omega man

Jonney your obivoulsy drunk cause I havent a fcuking clue what your arguing over

I wish I was too instead of reading this forum at home on a Saturday night! Depressing.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭yipeeeee

Transformed our playing style, built us a new stadium, gave us the invincibles

Some ungrateful pricks on these forum

Our style??

We are dire in cased you haven't noticed, one trophy in ten years.

Personal abuse is most welcome.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

I find its best not to post after losses since people tend to vent.

Nothing wrong with it mind you.. Its just hard to get a proper discussion going when people are only seeing pure rage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭symbolic

yipeeeee wrote: »
    Our style??

We are dire in cased you haven't noticed, one trophy in ten years.

Personal abuse is most welcome.

Ye played good football today.

Mr Blobby wrote: »

Nothing wrong with it mind you.. Its just hard to get a proper discussion going when people are only seeing pure rage.

It's tough

We missed chances = wenger out

We play a high line = wenger out

Ramsey is out of form = wenger out

Fair enough we no a lot wants wenger out and that's fine

Be nice to talk about the game, the tactics and the players too

Mr Blobby wrote: »

Not much will change mate.

People will still want Wenger out

symbolic wrote: »

Compared with games this season maybe but compared to the first half of last season it was dire really.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭yipeeeee

symbolic wrote: »

Yeah so good we lost.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

Wenger out as opposed to wenger in must surely be about 75/25%

most of my most loyal gooner friends have lost patience

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭symbolic

yipeeeee wrote: »
    Yeah so good we lost.

Ah ok...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

It's tough

We missed chances = wenger out

We play a high line = wenger out

Ramsey is out of form = wenger out

Fair enough we no a lot wants wenger out and that's fine

Be nice to talk about the game, the tactics and the players too

To sum it up IMO. He no longer inspires.... Regardless of your list or any other reasons. I think it is as simple as that. Once that belief in the manager and his tactics goes its nigh on impossible to get it back. Only one trophy in many years and the obduracy of Wenger to buy, even when it was vital and against his plan.. He appears unable to plan ahead.. Or adjust when an injury crisis occurs...sad but he is past it at Arsenal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭farna_boy

At least there was one positive today in Giroud getting a goal in his first game back from injury. Especially a goal like that which is so unlike him, it can only help his confidence and if he can add long range goals it can only be good for us.

Mr.Micro wrote: »
    To sum it up IMO. He no longer inspires.... Regardless of your list or any other reasons. I think it is as simple as that. Once that belief in the manager and his tactics goes its nigh on impossible to get it back. Only one trophy in many years and the obduracy of Wenger to buy, even when it was vital and against his plan.. He appears unable to plan ahead.. Or adjust when an injury crisis occurs...sad but he is past it at Arsenal.

Your not getting my point

People wanting wenger gone for whatever reason is grand

Not been able to talk about a game because it always comes
    Back to wenger out debate

Jaysus we're even behind Newcastle now. If Southampton win their game we'll be 11 points behind them. I know they'll drop points more frequently as the season goes on but that's a proper gap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

omega man wrote: »
    Jaysus we're even behind Newcastle now. If Southampton win their game we'll be 11 points behind them. I know they'll drop points more frequently as the season goes on but that's a proper gap.

They have every chance of the top 4 this year. I tipped them for relegation :o

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Pudders

Wilshere is ****ing so overrated it is embarrassing.

Wenger is so tactically unaware it is sad.

The worst man united side I've seen at arsenal ever and we couldn't ****ing score.

Sanchez must be crying at what he joined.

Wenger has lost the fans in the stadium.

There is supporting the club and supporting wenger. Thanks Arsene but your time is done. He is finished. And he is destroying the club.

From a seasonal ticket holder who loves what a Wenger did for the club.

• Advertisement

I guess people are losing their enjoyment from watching us. It's hard to talk football when your not excited by your team anymore.

To borrow a phrase from the Liverpool fans "make us dream"

B3FUZmPIQAAVJPE.jpg

(I know they have had a bad start. Still will come second and wipe the floor with us midweek)

I do get your point. The manager is the key, no matter what way one looks at it. He is not benign. The team is not performing well for a long time now, it cannot be ignored that is probably due to the leadership of Wenger.

omega man wrote: »
    I guess people are losing their enjoyment from watching us. It's hard to talk football when your not excited by your team anymore.

So true, I have not felt confident in Arsenal for a long time.. When I was listening to bbc5 live a few weeks back and Arsenal were 3 up, then Anderlecht scored... I just knew we would concede...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Fairly reflective of the Arsenal fan in all fairness.

It's going to build and build as the season goes on, fairly obvious how much he says reflects what's been said here tonight.

Those having the moan need to realise wanting Wenger gone now is not the same as dishing what he did at the club before, everyone knows he has had great success in the past and built a stadium while remaining relatively competitive but those times have passed.

His unwillingness to finish end of last season means he is ruining his legacy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

farna_boy wrote: »
    Up until goal number one the tactics were pretty much perfect though. I totally agree that things went to **** after that and it was almost predictable that we would concede again, but what are we supposed to do?

My point was that up until goal number one, it wasn't the tactics that failed us, it was key decisions by a few players. But most on here won't even admit that, they want Wenger gone, despite that the tactics that he sent them out there with today worked, it was failings of the players that lost us the game.

A game is 90mins. **** can happen and when it does you expect the manager to step in and try fix it. Every time this **** happens ours doesn't, today if isolated would be acceptable but its not its replication again and again over a 10 year period.

At 1-0 down either his tactics were carried out which were appalling or the players ignored him and went about there business, either or its the a big problem.

United were **** today, they had a much bigger injury crisis than us, we were at home and on top and still did the usual and lost. The man is tactically incapable of managing in the current game

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Pudders

I just looked at the table and wept.

And I got a spare for a friend for face value row 4 lower tier block h £70 an hour before the match.

There are no excuses for how many times we capitulate when going 1 down which we did today. There is no confidence in the team. And that is the managers fault.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Can we blame Arsene for the result yesterday?

Looking back, I think we had the chances to smash a few in. Surely we can't blame Wenger 100% for the result today if the players insisted on shooting at the Utd keeper.

Pity Girouds strike wont get the praise it deserves too.

So how is everyone the morning after?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

I'm still pretty pissed off. That united team is terrible, and we STILL can't beat them. It's pathetic

Still pissed off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

bad2dabone wrote: »
    I'm still pretty pissed off. That united team is terrible, and we STILL can't beat them. It's pathetic

Exactly this.

I think it was the best thing that could have happened TBH, we need to be found out and get the pressure on Wenger to depart. Hard but true.....that united team is the worst team they have ever put out with such an inexperienced back line and we still struggled. It is without a shadow of a doubt Wengers fault no two rows about it.

Southampton is a classic example of players wanting to play and believe in the manager and his tactics. They have no where near the quality of players we have and they give it 110% week in week out. I get the impression from alot of our players all they want is a pay packet no passion or commitment. Said it along time a go, Jack Wilshere is a good player not the big hope he is billed up to be. Needs to be dropped or replaced with an enforcer in the midfield.

Wenger has be a revelation at the club but football has moved on so much and Wenger has not. He should be on the board now and a new manager brought in at the end of the year.

SIMPLE.

We are a disgrace at the moment.

The most annoying thing yesterday was the panic

1-0 down plenty of time left and we leave no one back defending

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

The most annoying thing yesterday was the panic

1-0 down plenty of time left and we leave no one back defending

Seeing Mertesacker galloping up the field with 25 minutes to go was pretty embarrassing

• Registered Users Posts: 33,756 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

As a United fan, I want to say De Gea is one of the best goalkeepers in the world, he is turning into out new Peter Schmeichel and he is the only reason we won yesterday.
    He also got his hand onto the Giroud ball that went into the goal but it had power behind it and was a good goal.

If it wasn't for De Gea, Arsenal would be above us in the table. The best two goalkeepers in the league are De Gea and Courtois in my opinion. Arsenal would have likely scored against any other in the first half.

I don't think the United team is as bad as people here make out. Defensively we have been good despite the injury crisis.
    Against Chelsea, Man City and Arsenal, the combined score is 3-3 and United might have had a different outcome against City if Smalling hadn't been brain dead.

I expect Arsenal to turn things around, yes you are going through a bad patch but you always seem to turn it around and make the top 4.

I think the United side is being under rated, which makes the result for Arsenal fans look worse.
    For United, De Gea is consistently our best player overall and is world class in my opinion, so I think Arsenal would have won otherwise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭dixiefly

RobertKK wrote: »
    As a United fan, I want to say De Gea is one of the best goalkeepers in the world, he is turning into out new Peter Schmeichel and he is the only reason we won yesterday.
    He also got his hand onto the Giroud ball that went into the goal but it had power behind it and was a good goal.

If it wasn't for De Gea, Arsenal would be above us in the table. The best two goalkeepers in the league are De Gea and Courtois in my opinion. Arsenal would have likely scored against any other in the first half.

I don't think the United team is as bad as people here make out. Defensively we have been good despite the injury crisis.
    Against Chelsea, Man City and Arsenal, the combined score is 3-3 and United might have had a different outcome against City if Smalling hadn't been brain dead.

I expect Arsenal to turn things around, yes you are going through a bad patch but you always seem to turn it around and make the top 4.

I think the United side is being under rated, which makes the result for Arsenal fans look worse.
    For United, De Gea is consistently our best player overall and is world class in my opinion, so I think Arsenal would have won otherwise.

I agree. The Arsenal chances were good but not great and against a committed defence and a great keeper Arsenal never really looked like scoring.

In fact the best chance outside the goals fell to DiMaria and United should have been 3-0 up before Giroud's late strike. And this was essentially a 10 man United team as RVP was anonomous.

United are far from the finished article but we are still able to take Arsenal and all this about one way traffic from Wenger means nothing.

I have always liked the football that Arsenal play under Wenger but he hasnt seemed to kop on that a team is developed from the back and that his best teams had an iconic defence that any team would be proud of.

dixiefly wrote: »
    I agree. The Arsenal chances were good but not great and against a committed defence and a great keeper Arsenal never really looked like scoring.

:confused:

I'm pretty sure everyone who watched the game could see that Arsenal should have been out of sight at HT.

Really dreading Wednesday. Another big game, no doubt one where we capitulate. I expect no changes to the back. Even if we win second is the our ceiling now. Very glum time to be an Arsenal fan. Not much enjoyment anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭ugsparky

A predictable result to be honest - this kind of game suits Utd and Rooney in particular. I fear for our next game because if Dortmund play even half as well as they did against us in Germany they'll beat us 2 or 3 nil and our confidence will be completely shattered.

There's no easy answer now. I know people talk this stuff to death but it is a simple formula that we don't apply. A central strong core supported by skillful and fast players. Each big team uses it - Goalkeeper - strong centre halfs (one fast and one to purely to stop anything by means fair or foul) a tough defensive midfielder - a pivotal centre forward. We have a slow cumbersome centre half - a small midfield with no bite or leadership - a young centre forward who isn't composed when required. Boring stuff but true - and nothing will change because Arsene Wenger now won't accept that the team's deficiencies are of his making.

Add a Carvalho/Khedira/Matic type player to midfield - proper cover at centre half (on his current form would Mertesacker make any other first team in the top 10 in the Premiership ?) ... and if we were really serious about challenging Chelsea/City or other teams in the Champions Lge, a world class centre forward/striker. We would be a totally different proposition. Then our playmakers like Ozil, Ramsey, Wilshere would provide the magic for Sanchez, Walcott, Ox etc.

The injury situation has been cruel to us ... but even with a full squad we were in my opinion two or three players short. I truly believe that the only thing that will change our team is a change of manager. We have too many players who cannot make a difference - I have a fear that if we don't qualify for the Champions Lge next year we will be raped by other teams that do. Maybe not Barca or Real - but City, Juve, Napoli, PSG, Atletico, Dortmund - they'll all be able to make a €40 million bid for Sanchez/Ozil ... not so sure Theo or Ramsey will hang around with no Champions Lge to play in. Look at the players we have lost in past seasons.

I'm pretty much down at the moment - I can honestly not see us competing this season - I think we are not far away from another few 5 or 6 goal hammerings. No matter what I'll still support and love the team I've supported for the last 45 years, but I think we may be heading back into a mid seventies lull for a while.

• Advertisement

Is it just me thats sick of Mert coming out every week before a match saying we have to be better and more times than not he does be our worst player on the pitch. Cant wait until Kos is back so he will be benched. Dunno will Wenger do it though. His loyalty to absolute average players is startling.

Just looking at the table Spurs and Liverpool could be level with us this evening. Assuming Southampton fall away (for once not looking like a sure bet) it's a 4-way scrap for 3rd and 4th between Spurs, Liverpool, United and ourselves. United have the quality up front to go on a devastating run at some stage and I fancy them for 3rd now. So ourselves, Spurs and Liverpool for 4th, not great.

Just looking at the table Spurs and Liverpool could be level with us this evening. Assuming Southampton fall away (for once not looking like a sure bet) it's a 4-way scrap for 3rd and 4th between Spurs, Liverpool, United and ourselves. United have the quality up front to go on a devastating run at some stage and I fancy them for 3rd now. So ourselves, Spurs and Liverpool for 4th, not great.

Southamptons next few games will tell but i dont know if we have it about us to pull them back. I think we will finis hahead of Spurs. Gonna be tight with Liverpool, our seasons seem to mirror each other, useless at set pieces etc. I think we might just pip them but its not enough this year. Embarrassing we are talking about getting fourth again in November. We have regressed so much from last season.

A friend put this to me and I couldnt give him a straight answer. were we lucky that Liverpools fall off coincided with our move to the stadium? If they hadnt dropped off would we have fallen out of the top 4? If Fergie was around last year we were gone out of it. Is it more of a case of us being the less worse out of the chasing pack?

Raf32 wrote: »
    Southamptons next few games will tell but i dont know if we have it about us to pull them back. I think we will finis hahead of Spurs. Gonna be tight with Liverpool, our seasons seem to mirror each other, useless at set pieces etc. I think we might just pip them but its not enough this year. Embarrassing we are talking about getting fourth again in November. We have regressed so much from last season.
    Well until the mid-way point Southampton have to play City, Chelsea, us and Everton. On the other hand they also have to play West Brom, Villa, Burnley and Palace. Even if they get a point a game from those 8 matches we'd have to get 18 points from our next 21 to reel them in. Maybe the much-promised great run of form is coming soon? :pac:
    I definitely think they will slip down at some stage as most seasons there's a team who have a great start and slip away but Southampton have had a better start than usual and are looking like value for their position.
    With Sturridge's latest injury Liverpool are looking vulnerable for another while and Spurs don't look like doing much. In the end though we really have to step things up a bit and even from here missing 4th would be completely inexcusable.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,410 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Raf32 wrote: »
    Is it just me thats sick of Mert coming out every week before a match saying we have to be better and more times than not he does be our worst player on the pitch. Cant wait until Kos is back so he will be benched. Dunno will Wenger do it though. His loyalty to absolute average players is startling.

I agree he's awful at the moment but who would you be benching him for when Kos is back? I'd be benching Monreal myself tbh, however when Debuchy is back it would be no harm to try out a central partnership of Chambers and Kos, a spell on the bench might give him a kick up the arse. Shame we don't have proper competition for places at the back.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    I agree he's awful at the moment but who would you be benching him for when Kos is back? I'd be benching Monreal myself tbh, however when Debuchy is back it would be no harm to try out a central partnership of Chambers and Kos, a spell on the bench might give him a kick up the arse. Shame we don't have proper competition for places at the back.

Im hoping Debuchy and Kos come back around the same time to see the end of Per with Chambers stepping in. But then we are one injury away again from a crisis, cant believe a supposedly top club is in this situation.

Mertesacker and Koscielny is still our best CB partnership.
    I didn't "get" the signing of Chambers in the summer and still don't, surely he should be CB and have Monreal on the right at the moment?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

How can the players themselves still trust in Wengers methods now, he has has these players for the best part of 4 or 5 years and still the same problems are arising, we just dont seem to be moving onto the next level. I also agree that the players we have just arent good enough to win a league half of them are braindead headless chickens with not an ounce of a football brain!!

• Advertisement

If we lose against dortmound who are bottom of their league will u still back wenger?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement