Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

Mr.Micro wrote: »
    We need to go against type then and just park the bus. Get the point we need, and maybe get a sneaky goal on the counter?

I don't think that Wenger knows how to park the bus. The few times that has happened (e.g. Bayern last year, or Barca in the past) it was more a matter of not having any other options than a choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

Ha ha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Well at least the way things are going we can always stop and laugh at Liverpool who despite only been 3 or so points behind us are woeful this season even worse than us

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Muirshin Durkin

Well at least the way things are going we can always stop and laugh at Liverpool who despite only been 3 or so points behind us are woeful this season even worse than us

Stupid post.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,456 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Don't think United will get top three.

Giroud's return is a massive boost for the team and will return some sembelance of balance to the team. I think we'll begin to see an upturn in form for the likes of Ramsey now that he's back.

Also thought Cazorla was very good yesterday.

Oh my God. He was useless.

Raf32 wrote: »
    The Liverpool thread is just like ours yesterday. Id be afraid they will pull the trigger first and end up getting Klopp or someone of that ilk while we end up with that fella Wenger wants to give it to.
    On a somewhat related note I would've been fine with getting rid of Wenger last year or the year before if we could have got van Gaal. That ship has completely sailed now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Oh my God. He was useless.

He just doesn't look interested ever since been substituted against Everton I think it was. His body language is all wrong imo. I would like to see us make a lot of changes for Dortmund, the players are too cosy in there positions and havent really got that fear of being dropped even when there not on form which leads to complacency, Mertesacker, Ramsey, Cazorla, Ox should all be benched imo but we cant do that in Pers case. I would go with this team

................................Chesney.....................
    ...Bellerin.....Chambers...... Mert............ Gibbs
    ..................Arteta............
    .................. Rosicky .. Wilshere ............
    Sanchez.............................................Campbell
    .................................Welbeck.............................

On a somewhat related note I would've been fine with getting rid of Wenger last year or the year before if we could have got van Gaal. That ship has completely sailed now.

Van Gaal, Really?:eek:

Gringo180 wrote: »
    He just doesn't look interested ever since been substituted against Everton I think it was. His body language is all wrong imo. I would like to see us make a lot of changes for Dortmund, the players are too cosy in there positions and havent really got that fear of being dropped even when there not on form which leads to complacency, Mertesacker, Ramsey, Cazorla, Ox should all be benched imo but we cant do that in Pers case. I would go with this team

Definitely not Chambers and Mert together. It can't work because they both play on the right.

• Advertisement

Irish Aris wrote: »
    Definitely not Chambers and Mert together. It can't work because they both play on the right.

Isn't Koscielney right footed? No reason why Chambers can't do a job there..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭omega man

Surely to fcuk Campbell should get some game time from here on in. Whats to lose?

I like Welbeck and still think he'll offer us a lot but I'd start Giroud over him for this one. Ox played well yesterday so he starts for me too. Rosicky is done in my opinion.

Isn't Koscielney right footed? No reason why Chambers can't do a job there..

true, but at the moment I am not confident for experiments of the sort.
    Do we know when Kos is back? We miss him terribly.

omega man wrote: »
    Surely to fcuk Campbell should get some game time from here on in. Whats to lose?

I am perplexed as to why Campbell isn't even n the bench ahead of Podolski:confused: Would love to see him get a start, he has the type of never say die attitude and will to win that is sadly missing from the team.

true, but at the moment I am not confident for experiments of the sort.
    Do we know when Kos is back? We miss him terribly.

Were playing a second choice left back in centre half surely it cant be any worse than that :pac: Last I heard he was a few weeks away from returning, I think he will be gone in the summer anyways, he is wasted with us and deserves better, a world class centre back he is.

Van Gaal, Really?:eek:
    Absolutely.
    The side isn't as important as the role IMO. Chambers could be the Kos role of chasing around. We paid enough for him. If we were considering playing him alongside Koscielny then that's just mental.

• Advertisement

You will find that Wilshere and Welbeck might have picked up injuries yesterday as well as Chez. Can see a few changes for Wed. I'd go along with your back four just for a change but i'd put a leash on Mert. Every time I see him sauntering up the field I get the shivers as it takes him 20 mins to get back. I have little interest in the Cl anyway as we are always too weak to challenge. It only generates money which we refused to spend for years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Bit harsh on Ox, he was our best player in the first half yesterday and is at least incisive, which you can say about very little of our players at the moment.

Hey lads hope ya don't mind me posting this here , A fella i know from the Limerick Arsenal supporters club has a ticket ,flights and accom going to the game on Wednesday available for 150 euros, if anyone is interested he can't go himself and is desperate to get rid of them

Stupid post.
    Stupid Response, I was joking for chris.t sake lighten up

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

Hey lads hope ya don't mind me posting this here , A fella i know from the Limerick Arsenal supporters club has a ticket ,flights and accom going to the game on Wednesday available for 150 euros, if anyone is interested he can't go himself and is desperate to get rid of them

its not even worth 150 pesos to watch these bunch of farts play

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

Give Klopp a 5 year contract and back him. At least it would be interesting...unlike the perpetual battle for 4th we have at the moment!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭yipeeeee

Lads let's just get behind the team and manager now, nothing is going to change at least this season.

We have players coming back, we can turn it around.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,533 ✭✭✭Colonialboy

Wenger needs to learn that sometimes a point is a good result in the PL this season. Especially after an international break.

If we had settled for the draws, against Man City, Swansea, even early on against Man Utd yesterday , instead of chasing the game and getting caught out on the counter attack, we would be sitting pretty in 4th place and kept Utd out of that slot.

Then Wenger could use all the usual excuses he trots out when we lose a match , and say what a great job he is doing, that he has managed to keep in 4th despite all the injuries and being the only team trying to attack etc.

I thought the effort from the players was very good yesterday, theres plenty team spirit there, they just look a bit directionless.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

I couldnt understand the gung-ho leave-nobody-at-the-back attitude after United scored though. There was plenty of time. Seeing Mertesacker charge up the pitch with TWENTY minutes to go was bizarre. Left us exposed to the second goal and it duly arrived.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,164 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

keano_afc wrote: »
    I couldnt understand the gung-ho leave-nobody-at-the-back attitude after United scored though. There was plenty of time. Seeing Mertesacker charge up the pitch with TWENTY minutes to go was bizarre. Left us exposed to the second goal and it duly arrived.

Struck me as a case of the players thinking "oh shít it's happening again", and they panicked and went gung ho because after so many beatings from big teams they had no belief that they could actually beat united by just playing their regular game. Probably the most worrying sign about yesterday tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Struck me as a case of the players thinking "oh shít it's happening again", and they panicked and went gung ho because after so many beatings from big teams they had no belief that they could actually beat united by just playing their regular game. Probably the most worrying sign about yesterday tbh.

it was definitely a panicked reaction. What was the atmosphere in the ground like for anyone there?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

But yet again for their 2nd, the referee was the fastest person tracking back to cover

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,164 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

greendom wrote: »
    it was definitely a panicked reaction. What was the atmosphere in the ground like for anyone there?

You can somewhat understand the players panicking in the heat of the moment, but the manager should have the cop on to tell them to calm down. They were only one goal down with 30 minutes to go. I hate to continue the anti Wenger vibes but that really was a complete failure on his part.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Apologies if this is a repost - this tickled me - lager louts at the Emirates? nope!

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/nov/23/arsenal-fan-sour-grapes-wine-thrown-manchester-united-bench

You can somewhat understand the players panicking in the heat of the moment, but the manager should have the cop on to tell them to calm down. They were only one goal down with 30 minutes to go. I hate to continue the anti Wenger vibes but that really was a complete failure on his part.

True - and when the captain is the most culpable party, what does it say?

I suppose at least Szeczney wasn't running up the field alongside him

• Advertisement

yipeeeee wrote: »
    Lads let's just get behind the team and manager now, nothing is going to change at least this season.

We have players coming back, we can turn it around.

Deja vous.

Apologies if this is a repost - this tickled me - lager louts at the Emirates? nope!

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/nov/23/arsenal-fan-sour-grapes-wine-thrown-manchester-united-bench

There was a photo on Twitter showing a butler in morning suit serving food and wine to someone in the crowd. Residents outside the ground complain that cars are left running throughout the match while drivers in executive cars wait for their employers to return from the game.

What's the opposite of "if you pay peanuts, you get monkeys" ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

That's pretty shocking to read about a football ground, it really is a posh persons game in north London now

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Beat me too it. Manager needs to call over the captain, give him some instruction to show patience. Never came. Should have happened in the Swansea & Anderlecht games too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭symbolic

What was the atmosphere in the ground like for anyone there?

Where I was sitting:
    - people happy with arsenal dominance, United not in the game, lots of chances create
    - then OG goes in, people willing the team to push forward. Still feeling they could turn it round.
    - arsenal keep pushing forward, get caught out, some people stand up and leave and curse wenger. "arsenal are ****", "wenger ruining club" etc

Let's just say people's opinions around me changed a lot throughout the game haha

Its a fine line ☺

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Ken Shamrock

The Arsenal website is very frustrating...

Szczesny - I'm confident we'll qualify
    ‘We’re playing at home in front of our fans. If we put in a good performance at home we know we can win’

Was he not there on Saturday?

Arteta - We were hammering them
    'I can't believe it and it's a shame, not fair for the players and the fans. It's frustrating'

I can't believe that we never took our chances, made a balls of a simple cross and conceded a goal and then lost the plot becoming completely dysfunctional with no leadership and conceding yet again.

Arteta - Every mistake is costing us
    'We need to be sure that a lot of the things we are doing are right,' says captain

We need to be sure that everything we are doing is right.

The Arsenal website is very frustrating...

Szczesny - I'm confident we'll qualify
    ‘We’re playing at home in front of our fans. If we put in a good performance at home we know we can win’

Was he not there on Saturday?

Arteta - We were hammering them
    'I can't believe it and it's a shame, not fair for the players and the fans. It's frustrating'

I can't believe that we never took our chances, made a balls of a simple cross and conceded a goal and then lost the plot becoming completely dysfunctional with no leadership and conceding yet again.

Arteta - Every mistake is costing us
    'We need to be sure that a lot of the things we are doing are right,' says captain

We need to be sure that everything we are doing is right.

I wouldn't bother reading it - especially if you're expecting anything insightful.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

The only thing I like about following Arsenal right now is theres always another game. Looking forward to Wednesday and living in hope of a miracle turnaround!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭byrneg28

symbolic wrote: »
    Where I was sitting:
    - people happy with arsenal dominance, United not in the game, lots of chances create
    - then OG goes in, people willing the team to push forward. Still feeling they could turn it round.
    - arsenal keep pushing forward, get caught out, some people stand up and leave and curse wenger. "arsenal are ****", "wenger ruining club" etc

Let's just say people's opinions around me changed a lot throughout the game haha

Its a fine line ☺

Read this on a blog..

“Nothing will change under Wenger, he never spends any money” – Buys two of the best midfielders in the world.

“I meant, nothing will change under Wenger because he never adapts the way we play” – Wins the FA cup and leads the league with a defense first approach. Almost won the champions league with a defense first approach.

“No no no, I meant nothing will change under Wenger because he….. he can’t get the best out of the players” – Has never ever finished below any team that has spent less than him.

“But… but.. I don’t understand. Arsenal lost a game and someone must PAY!! Sack them all!”

• Advertisement

byrneg28 wrote: »
    Read this on a blog..

“Nothing will change under Wenger, he never spends any money” – Buys two of the best midfielders in the world.

“I meant, nothing will change under Wenger because he never adapts the way we play” – Wins the FA cup and leads the league with a defense first approach. Almost won the champions league with a defense first approach.

“No no no, I meant nothing will change under Wenger because he….. he can’t get the best out of the players” – Has never ever finished below any team that has spent less than him.

“But… but.. I don’t understand. Arsenal lost a game and someone must PAY!! Sack them all!”

What a load of sh1te... buys two good players in 2 years...neglects every other problem in the team...

Was lucky to win the FA Cup and bottled the PL, dunno where the almost won the CL is coming from?

He can't, had a much better team on Saturday what happened there? This team should be challenging and their not. Same old story.

Arsenal have lost more than a game

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

byrneg28 wrote: »
    Read this on a blog..

The first bolded piece is incorrect, we didnt win the FA Cup with a defense first approch, sure we almost conceeded 4 in 20 minutes in the final. Our leading of the lead was not driven by defense, it was driven by an immense Aaron Ramsey and some good performances across the board. Nearly won the CL??? How many years ago?

The second bolded point has no link to the statement, failing to motivate players is not linked to spend

There's a big difference between saying we had a defence first approach, and realising that our defence was just actually playing pretty well and not capitulating like every other season.

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Paj

call me insane, but i've a feeling we're going to beat dortmund.

Wenger Knows Best ‏@wengerknowsbest 5m minutes ago
    Giroud is out on Wednesday with just a small didn't-think-he'd-be-fit-yet-so-didn't-register-him niggle. Little bit un-com-fort-able.

**** sake

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Jaafa

Paj wrote: »
    call me insane, but i've a feeling we're going to beat dortmund.

It would go well with the whole "nothing ever changes" idea given it's what happened last year.

• Advertisement

What a load of sh1te... buys two good players in 2 years...neglects every other problem in the team...
    4 years maybe? :pac:

Was watching the Liverpool game in the golf club yesterday and overheard a few lads discussing the Arsenal team. One lad saying that we are very soft and easy to beat now and nobody fears us compared to when we used to go 1 up and win.

Hard to disagree with him.
    Nice football is easy on the eye but no good if you're losing, i'd prefer winning ugly any day.

When Arsenal go 1 down they panic.
    When they go 3 up they panic.

When Arsenal go 1 down they panic.
    When they go 3 up they panic.

Wonder if they panic so much away from home ?

Wonder if they panic so much away from home ?

We'll know when they play City, Chelsea, Liverpool, Spurs and United away.
    We did panic at the first 3 above grounds last season conceding 17 times.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement