Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Well yesterday was very disappointing and predictable.
    Chelsea have a complete team, and leaders in key places. Simply put we do not.
    Failure to address these now annual problems is what's killing us.

I don't want wenger sacked, and he never will be sacked I don't think. Kronke doesn't give a monkeys if we win trophies, once we get champions league and keep a massive and ridiculous 200 million is reserve for whatever unfathomable reason then he is happy.

We know that there are absolutely key positions that need addressing, notably a defensive minded midfielder. Matic covers so much ground for Chelsea and takes pressure off the defence. Why didn't wenger push on and sign him? I don't think he was let break into the 200 million reserve.
    IImagine the boost we would have gotten if we'd signed khedira.

On Ozil, he needs to be told that we're simply not good enough to be carrying him when he's not playing up to standard. He's got to take more responsibility for his performances. Look at the impact di Maria had on United, he's dynamic, scoring and creating. I though that's what ozil would bring us. When he's good he's wonderful. When he's not we might as well be a man down.

bad2dabone wrote: »
    Well yesterday was very disappointing and predictable.
    Chelsea have a complete team, and leaders in key places. Simply put we do not.
    Failure to address these now annual problems is what's killing us.

I don't want wenger sacked, and he never will be sacked I don't think. Kronke doesn't give a monkeys if we win trophies, once we get champions league and keep a massive and ridiculous 200 million is reserve for whatever unfathomable reason then he is happy.

We know that there are absolutely key positions that need addressing, notably a defensive minded midfielder. Matic covers so much ground for Chelsea and takes pressure off the defence. Why didn't wenger push on and sign him? I don't think he was let break into the 200 million reserve.
    IImagine the boost we would have gotten if we'd signed khedira.

On Ozil, he needs to be told that we're simply not good enough to be carrying him when he's not playing up to standard. He's got to take more responsibility for his performances. Look at the impact di Maria had on United, he's dynamic, scoring and creating. I though that's what ozil would bring us. When he's good he's wonderful. When he's not we might as well be a man down.

I really feel for Ozil. In some ways I feel he carries the weight of the world on his shoulders, and even when he plays wide, he feels he always has to try to create something, and is trying too hard. There was an interesting statistical piece about him vs Cesc on arseblog, and it shows how different their roles are. Ozil is dribbling and passing in the final third far more than anyone else, it's a shame it's coming to nothing. I really hope things change when Theo is back.

Regarding di Maria....sure he's made an impact, but he's an example of where stats lie. All of his assists this season have been from wayward shots, and his only goal is from a cross! Edit: at least that was the case before his goal yesterday :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Basil3 wrote: »
    I really feel for Ozil. In some ways I feel he carries the weight of the world on his shoulders, and even when he plays wide, he feels he always has to try to create something,and is trying too hard. There was an interesting statistical piece about him vs Cesc on arseblog, and it shows how different their roles are. Ozil is dribbling and passing in the final third far more than anyone else, it's a shame it's coming to nothing. I really hope things change when Theo is back.

Regarding di Maria....sure he's made an impact, but he's an example of where stats lie. All of his assists this season have been from wayward shots, and his only goal is from a cross! Edit: at least that was the case before his goal yesterday :D

Well that is his job and the primary reason he's in the side, So I should hope so. I don't buy this stuff that it's Wenger 's fault for playing him out of position or his team mates for not being good enough. The buck stops with Ozil and he's rapidly turning into a flop in my eyes.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

Most in here said we would be beat, expected is to bet

Then when it happens, outrage

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

I'm probably the most positive poster here

But if we don't push on over the next 12 games and beat either liverpool or utd I won't be one bit happy

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Paj

i think we'll beat liverpool.

I think united will have too much up front for us.

Paj wrote: »

That's only assuming Diaby hasn't been moulded into a world class DM by then :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Most in here said we would be beat, expected is to bet

Then when it happens, outrage

Thats not the issue mate, and you know it. Its the manner of the defeat. Plenty of possession but no cutting edge. Undone by a simple ball over the top. Opposition not having to work for a victory. All too familiar. Thats the issue. We show no signs of competing with teams that know how to play against us. There's no plan B. The squad deficiencies are a separate issues. There are plenty of problems on the pitch that the manager seems incapable of solving.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭byrneg28

Paj wrote: »

We'll beat united

byrneg28 wrote: »
    We'll beat united

i'd love to. we didn' last season when they were absolute poop.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,533 ✭✭✭Colonialboy

I couldnt see the match live, I had to make some dinner...I was gutted.
    I couldnt get the best steaks cos someone else had bought the last 2,
    then someone robbed my trolley so I gave them a push and a shove and told them off,
    did I miss anything...
    I wouldnt mind but the main dish was a load of coq and bull.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

But that's just not true.

Chelsea are in line with FFP and there wages and revenue is in around the same as our own.
    gosplan wrote: »
    Yes but you're missing the impact of it. In the five years to Feb 2014m their net spend was 282 million, ours was -4 million.

They still have all of those players, or at least all the ones they wanted to keep. FFP now is in and is curtailing what they can do but they did well out of the sales of Mata and Krusty so it hasn't impacted them yet.

Chelsea were smart enough to build a big young squad before FFP hit. The result is that it'll take a few years to catch up with them.

I think Gosplan covered my response! Agree that is my take on it too plus there are ways and means of working with FFP and getting your business done.

We are 1/2 seasons behind Chelsea in our team build, of what we have been adding in recent windows then those excuses disapear but for now they are still relevant.

The business they did this year was exceptional and Jose has them back where he was a few years back, they will need to start addressing the defence but Jose will do that in good time, but they really have a complete squad. I'm very envious of it

Chelsea, Jose, FPP and all that has nothing to do with us not strengthening our team in the areas we are short.

keano_afc wrote: »
    Chelsea, Jose, FPP and all that has nothing to do with us not strengthening our team in the areas we are short.

I'd agree but the calibre of those signings if they had of been made wouldnt have been at the level required to compete with Chelsea.

At best case scenario we would have seen a top quality DM and back up defenders. To compete with Chelsea I think we need 2/3 top draw players

What’s also obvious is that Chelsea efficiently addressed their squad needs, subject to the managers plan.

Their Manager wants a high workrate team, with skilled players who will also hold their shape and remain organised.
    Capable of playing defensively and grinding out ugly wins when needed.

In order to do this he shipped out headless Luiz – a liability.
    Shipped out two time player of the season and fan favourite Mata – unable to work in such a system.

He brought in 3 key players, Matic, Costa, Fabregas.
    He’s brought back a world class goalie to compete with their already world class goalie.

All the players know their role, know their jobs. Chelsea look like the title is thiers already. Seven games in.

Compare with Arsenal.

What’s the managers Transfer plan?
    Does he even know his best team?
    Is he ruthless enough to ship out players who don’t work in his system?
    What IS the system?
    Is this team capable of winning at all costs?

No to all.

That’s why we’re a soft wishy washy team. We’ve a wishy washy hierarchy at the club.

I’ll miss Wenger when he goes, but we’re directionless at the moment and we’ve been that way for 5 years. Stuck in groundhog day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

The difference between the two teams yesterday was down to the tactics of both managers and the desire of the players.
    Chelsea didn't push high up the field i.e. there was rarely a big gap between their back 4 and their keeper. They allowed us possession but anytime we got near their goal both their back 4 and midfield got around us quickly thus giving us no time and limiting us to shoot quickly or easily dispossessing us. That's why we had no shots on target despite having 53% of the ball. Matic was very good and shouting at the players around him all the time.
    Chelsea broke fast and knew to give the ball to Hazard mostly because he could hold it and take on defenders. Sometimes to Oscar or Fabregas..
    We didn't seem to have much of a game plan except "go out and do your best lads", which in fairness most of them did.
    Chelsea had leaders and we didn't. They tackled and played as if their lives depended on it and played like a well-tuned and well-coached team.
    Murinho knows how to play the big games, Wenger does not.

Soups123 wrote: »
    I'd agree but the calibre of those signings if they had of been made wouldnt have been at the level required to compete with Chelsea.

How do you know? What top players were in we for that we didnt get? Why are we not chasing the calibre of player you speak of?
    At best case scenario we would have seen a top quality DM and back up defenders. To compete with Chelsea I think we need 2/3 top draw players

Again, why were we not in for these players? Money is not the issue anymore. We've needed a DMF for 2 seasons now. The closest we've come is a midfielder who was signed with a broken back. We realistically had from January to identify, scout and inquire about players that could improve the team. Was any of this done? If not, why not? There's no point bleating on about what other teams are doing when we're not trying a tap ourselves.

keano_afc wrote: »
    How do you know? What top players were in we for that we didnt get? Why are we not chasing the calibre of player you speak of?

Again, why were we not in for these players? Money is not the issue anymore. We've needed a DMF for 2 seasons now. The closest we've come is a midfielder who was signed with a broken back. We realistically had from January to identify, scout and inquire about players that could improve the team. Was any of this done? If not, why not? There's no point bleating on about what other teams are doing when we're not trying a tap ourselves.

I dont know why, like everyone else I am as confused as you as to why we didnt do more of the right business in the window. I also don't know why we have failed to complete a DM signing and not only that make one of the DMs who are just not good enough captain.

Chelsea run themselves as a club who make sure on the field is sorted first. We do the opposite we work on off the field first and on the field second.

The difference between the two teams yesterday was down to the tactics of both managers and the desire of the players.
    Chelsea didn't push high up the field i.e. there was rarely a big gap between their back 4 and their keeper. They allowed us possession but anytime we got near their goal both their back 4 and midfield got around us quickly thus giving us no time and limiting us to shoot quickly or easily dispossessing us. That's why we had no shots on target despite having 53% of the ball. Matic was very good and shouting at the players around him all the time.
    Chelsea broke fast and knew to give the ball to Hazard mostly because he could hold it and take on defenders. Sometimes to Oscar or Fabregas..
    We didn't seem to have much of a game plan except "go out and do your best lads", which in fairness most of them did.
    Chelsea had leaders and we didn't. They tackled and played as if their lives depended on it and played like a well-tuned and well-coached team.
    Murinho knows how to play the big games, Wenger does not.

I agree to an extent, tactics and player mentality for big games is not good enough, sure even as fans we go in expecting the inevitable now.

But one big factor yesterday is that Chelsea have better players than us.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Absolute nonsense. You were spouting rubbish in the match thread as well.

Wilshere was one of our best performers today and has been so far this season as well.

I disagree, he tried his heart out ill give him that, but many times yesterday his touch was awful and he took too much out of the ball. 6/10 for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭Nemeses2050

Absolute nonsense. You were spouting rubbish in the match thread as well.

Wilshere was one of our best performers today and has been so far this season as well.

I don't like arguing with Fellow gunners, but for me as much as Wilshere tries, instead of keeping the ball moving he holds it for too long plus he tries to go thru 3 or 4 players every time and loses the ball......

In regard to general play we're either all up top or at the back...nothing in the middle this is where we used to be good at once up on a time...

Look at the 2 goal...Danny wins the header I think, there's 3 or 4 Chelsea players around him...but there's no one Arsenal player close to him to get the second ball and it ends up with Cesc lobbing it to Costa....

I don't buy Wenger's excuse of financial power, with the 11 we had on the pitch yesterday there's no excuse for just 1 shot on goal...

I know some are saying it was a even game, but for me Chelsea had it in full control...if they wanted they could've raised it couple of notches....

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Dapics

Been a while since I popped on here.

Good to see Raf, Gosplan and Buttons still posting!

In my opinion, we didn't necessarily play badly against Chelsea, we were even for much of the match.

I think Gibbs has been very impressive recently and this is coming from someone who had an intense dislike for him not too long ago. Wilshere showed some positivity, but he didn't take his chance when he had it. Better control of the ball and we may have been 1-1. It's the finest of margins in these games.

I will not settle for fourth this season. I really thought we had turned a corner and would progress this season but so far we have been the same as last season. Mediocre for a team of our quality (with notable exceptions). Despite the fact we only lost 2-0, to insinuate this showcases a better mentality than last season as some suggested is perhaps merited to a certain extent, yet I for one hate seeing us losing any sort of match, even capital one cup matches and friendlies.

There is a systematic failure at the club on many levels, it took Wenger 7 years to realise the youth coaching was terrible and replace coaches. We still have major injury problems despite Forsythe coming on board. We are still ignorant when it comes to purchasing players. I mean, why didn't we just sell Cazorla and sign fabregas with some of the money? loyalty? I love Santi, but if buying Cesc meant Chelsea wouldn't have him then that is a major factor the manager should have considered. As much as I hate Mourinho, he would have done the same to us. There is no point in making excuses like 'we did not need him'. When a world class player like fabregas wants to join your club, you do not say no on this basis. He is an improvement on all of our midfield players bar Ozil and perhaps Ramsey on his day.

I think Wenger loves Arsenal too much, if there can be such a thing, I appreciate his financial diligence and his commitment to his players but there comes a time when enough is enough. Last season was a good season compared to the previous 5. Yet I really feel we have regressed to a certain extent, never mind having kicked on. A new manager with nothing to lose would be far less prudent and whether for worse or better, a fresh change may just be what we need as a club.

I will not settle for fourth, I want to see us challanging for the title. And if by the end of this season, we are setlling for fourth I will officially be joining the Wenger out bridgade, not because I don't like him (though it should be said, the fact he has never beaten Mourinho and the fact he refuses to adapt his tactics (okay we may have made a minor variation and went 4-3-3) and coaching play a major part in our failure against big teams where we always look toothless and stale IMO) , but simply because we deserve better as fans and have waited too long with the only result being an FA cup and european qualification.

End of Rant.

Edit: There is something wrong with Ozil. I attribute this to mismanagement. We need a better team of pyschologists and quite possibly a different approach to man management. Ox needs to be playing more.

I don't like arguing with Fellow gunners, but for me as much as Wilshere tries, instead of keeping the ball moving he holds it for too long plus he tries to go thru 3 or 4 players every time and loses the ball......

I think a lot of the time he holds onto it its because there is nothing on the flanks. A few times yesterday he had it and to move forward the only option was to try take a few players on, the alternative which may have been better would be to bring it back thus slowing down the attack.

Does this place always go into meltdown when Arsenal lose?

I don't think dicussing the negatives constitutes this place having a meltdown. A lot of what people are saying has been said a lot over the past 18 months.

The unforunate piece for me is the club keeps talking up how big we are but still we arent moving up to the next level.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

I suppose the result yesterday made it quite clear that we haven't improved enough and we won't be challenging again. For some that was already quite obvious, to others they were hoping that their was still a chance, despite the obvious failings of the team.

It is our first defeat in the league this season and so a lot of the anger has been in storage. This result is the first real opportunity to vent. (Although the performance in Dortmund was undeniably worse).

greendom wrote: »
    I suppose the result yesterday made it quite clear that we haven't improved enough and we won't be challenging again. For some that was already quite obvious, to others they were hoping that their was still a chance, despite the obvious failings of the team.

It is our first defeat in the league this season and so a lot of the anger has been in storage. This result is the first real opportunity to vent. (Although the performance in Dortmund was undeniably worse).

For me the results and performances against, Leicester, Everton & Spurs where bigger disapointments than yesterday.

The positive is though that our performance seem to be improving to an extent, the next 6/7 games will tell

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

I think the problem is that a lot of the deficiencies in the team have been flagged for a while and it is getting very frustrating as a fan to see them being unaddressed.

I didn't get a chance to see the match yesterday as I was at a kids birthday party with my son. When I saw the result I was actually relieved that it wasn't a repeat of last seasons drubbing. I saw very limited highlights but I can't believe that Cahill stayed on the pitch after that tackle.

I think a lot of the time he holds onto it its because there is nothing on the flanks. A few times yesterday he had it and to move forward the only option was to try take a few players on, the alternative which may have been better would be to bring it back thus slowing down the attack.

So many times he doesn't lift his head up and see where his team mates are, he is certainly capable like the ball he gave to Sanchez when Chelsea Keeper got injured... he should be doing what Cesc did...

1 17.08.2013 Aston Villa home L 1-3
    2 24.08.2013 Fulham away W 3-1
    3 01.09.2013 Tottenham Hotspur home W 1-0
    4 14.09.2013 Sunderland away W 3-1
    5 22.09.2013 Stoke City home W 3-1
    6 28.09.2013 Swansea City away W 2-1
    7 06.10.2013 West Bromwich Albion away D 1-1

1 16.08.2014 Crystal Palace home W 2-1
    2 23.08.2014 Everton away D 2-2
    3 31.08.2014 Leicester City away D 1-1
    4 13.09.2014 Manchester City home D 2-2
    5 20.09.2014 Aston Villa away W 3-0
    6 27.09.2014 Tottenham Hotspur home D 1-1
    7 05.10.2014 Chelsea away L 0-2

The difference in fixtures should be highlighted, we've already played Everton and Chelsea away, Manchester City at home and our rivals Spurs at home. The only thing that can match that of last season is the Spurs game at home, i'd compare the Leicester game with West Brom a draw we didn't want.

The tough games are out of the way and with the exception of Leicester I'm happy with what we've taken. Our fixtures till January are

Hull
    Sunderland
    Burnley
    Swansea
    United
    West Brom
    Southampton
    Stoke
    Newcastle
    Liverpool
    QPR
    West Ham

All very winable games and to me looks like around 40 points by January, that's a similar position we were in last year. With Chelsea (a), Everton (a) and Liverpool (a) out of the way.

Call me mad but I also think we can beat Chelsea at the Emirates

I always think a team if they want to win the league can afford 5 draws and 5 losses. Lets push on and see what we can do. I personally think we look better than last year just trying to find the right gel at the moment.

Maybe I'm too positive. But I like to dream.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Ken Shamrock

^^^ I really like that view, certainly a positive one, unfortunately we wont win all of those games that we are supposed to, we mighten even qualify from our cl group and we're already out of the CC, 2 wins from 7 PL games is simply not good enough for Arsenal no matter who we play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Jaafa

More of a level headed analysis of the game from Gary Neville: http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/29497521
    There was not much between the two teams in Chelsea's 2-0 win over Arsenal on Sunday, but what we saw is that Blues boss Jose Mourinho still knows how to win the big games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Ken Shamrock

Jaafa wrote: »
    More of a level headed analysis of the game from Gary Neville: http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/29497521

Phil Neville no?

Jaafa wrote: »

I wouldnt say that was a more level headed analysis, its just another persons opinion.

Some of what he said was said in here.

I wouldnt say that was a more level headed analysis, its just another persons opinion.

Some of what he said was said in here.

look at the Average position of our players...Only 3 players in our own half...two on the edge of half way line and 5 in a cluster in the middle...no width at all....talk about making life easy for defenders...feckin everyone wants to play in the middle...heck even saw Chambers moving into the middle a few times...

look at the Average position of our players...Only 3 players in our own half...two on the edge of half way line and 5 in a cluster in the middle...no width at all....talk about making life easy for defenders...feckin everyone wants to play in the middle...heck even saw Chambers moving into the middle a few times...

Yeah I was looking at that but thats what I expect, Wenger wants our full backs to play almost as wingers.

The movement to the middle is a consequence of our tippy tappy play, hopefully when Theo is back and Ox steps up we can use them more frequently on the flanks

Yeah I was looking at that but thats what I expect, Wenger wants our full backs to play almost as wingers.

The movement to the middle is a consequence of our tippy tappy play, hopefully when Theo is back and Ox steps up we can use them more frequently on the flanks

It's ok if you play like that against lesser teams but that's ridiculous when you're playing a quality side like Chelsea considering your centre half is probably the slowest around...

Our tippy tappy has no zip at all, it's pedestrian and predictable...

It's ok if you play like that against lesser teams but that's ridiculous when you're playing a quality side like Chelsea considering your centre half is probably the slowest around...

And for the manager to continually allow our slow CH's to go so high up the field is astounding.

It will never work against teams like Chelsea, they took the lead and then were happy for us to try come through them centrally, they dealt with it relatively well.

I said yesterday I was more annoyed by the second goal than the result as it showed yet again our in ability to address it, we get caught so many times and with Mert being one of the two CBs it wont work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

And for the manager to continually allow our slow CH's to go so high up the field is astounding.

Kos isn't slow at all. Mert more than makes up for it though!

For what it's worth, I thought we defended quite well for the most part at the weekend, much more solid than against Dortmund at any rate. Still a loss though so not much use to us, very frustrating. Need to get a good run of results now in the next few fixtures or we're really in trouble.

• Advertisement

It will never work against teams like Chelsea, they took the lead and then were happy for us to try come through them centrally, they dealt with it relatively well.

I said yesterday I was more annoyed by the second goal than the result as it showed yet again our in ability to address it, we get caught so many times and with Mert being one of the two CBs it wont work.

it's beggars belief now...one ball over the top and we're feckin dead

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

While Mert is very slow.. Kos isn't.

Kos is probably one of our fastest players.. Maybe even the fastest CB in the league.

it's beggars belief now...one ball over the top and we're feckin dead

7 - Cesc Fabregas has seven PL assists this season, as many as any Chelsea player produced in the Premier League last season. Class.

— OptaJoe (@OptaJoe) October 5, 2014

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

I still think people are been way too over critical of the team and the boss after yesterdays game. We were the better team for the most part imo, a bit of magic from Hazard won it for them and when you see Mourinho bringing on Mikel for an attacking player with 20 minutes to go you know your doing something right. Its only the small details this team is missing out on, like that heavy touch from Wilshere when he was clear on goal. Its little details like that in tight games that is the difference. Yous can go on about high lines too but the fact is we were chasing the game when the caught us cold for there 2nd, I would rather lose by 2 and giving it a right go than losing by 1 and sitting back. You have got to remember this team was missing a massive player in Ramsey yesterday, and not to forget we have Walcott to come back.

I agree with what Wenger had to say about Chelsea's financial power too, they have spent over a billion pounds on players since 2003, more than double what we have spent. Its an outrageous advantage the likes of them and City have not only over us but the rest of the chasing pack.

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    While Mert is very slow.. Kos isn't.

Kos is probably one of our fastest players.. Maybe even the fastest CB in the league.

They were too close together and Costa beat both for speed.
    Had they not been so high then any ball over the top would have been collected by Chez.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Had they not been so high then any ball over the top would have been collected by Chez.

We were chasing the game, our defenders needed to be pushing up at that stage.

Its very rarely a flat foot race. Take yesterday Costa positioned himself between the two and on sight of a call coming got ready to break, our two CBs are moving forwards to have to turn and chase, so no chance.

Looking at how we play Mert just doesnt work for the big games the line is way to high. Chez should have been sweeping also he was on his line while our CBs where on the half way line.

I teach kids this sh*t :)

Gringo180 wrote: »
    I still think people are been way too over critical of the team and the boss after yesterdays game. We were the better team for the most part imo, a bit of magic from Hazard won it for them and when you see Mourinho bringing on Mikel for an attacking player with 20 minutes to go you know your doing something right. Its only the small details this team is missing out on, like that heavy touch from Wilshere when he was clear on goal. Its little details like that in tight games that is the difference. Yous can go on about high lines too but the fact is we were chasing the game when the caught us cold for there 2nd, I would rather lose by 2 and giving it a right go than losing by 1 and sitting back. You have got to remember this team was missing a massive player in Ramsey yesterday, and not to forget we have Walcott to come back.

I agree with what Wenger had to say about Chelsea's financial power too, they have spent over a billion pounds on players since 2003, more than double what we have spent. Its an outrageous advantage the likes of them and City have not only over us but the rest of the chasing pack.

that was only a trick to suck Arsenal....

I don't wanna get sucked into that argument...:D, we have spent and bought quality players in the last two years and we had enuff quality on the pitch to compete with them...if we only had we played with a bit more awareness and tactical nous....

I think enough of rants for today.

Its very rarely a flat foot race. Take yesterday Costa positioned himself between the two and on sight of a call coming got ready to break, our two CBs are moving forwards to have to turn and chase, so no chance.

Looking at how we play Mert just doesnt work for the big games the line is way to high. Chez should have been sweeping also he was on his line while our CBs where on the half way line.

I teach kids this sh*t :)

Me too and an adult team.
    Nobody seems to do likewise at Arsenal.
    Costa positioned himself there because they made it easy for him to do so. The ball travelled 30+ yards. The first duty of a defender is to defend. They were too high up and allowed an easy out ball.

• Advertisement

Hull
    Sunderland
    Burnley
    Swansea
    United
    West Brom
    Southampton
    Stoke
    Newcastle
    Liverpool
    QPR
    West Ham

All very winable games and to me looks like around 40 points by January, that's a similar position we were in last year. With Chelsea (a), Everton (a) and Liverpool (a) out of the way.

Call me mad but I also think we can beat Chelsea at the Emirates

I always think a team if they want to win the league can afford 5 draws and 5 losses. Lets push on and see what we can do. I personally think we look better than last year just trying to find the right gel at the moment.

Maybe I'm too positive. But I like to dream.
    You fancy 30/36 points from those fixtures? Anything other than 2 wins against Anderlecht and a draw against Dortmund could also leave Galatasaray as a crucial decider.
    That's quite a run of form required.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement