Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

wonga77 wrote: »
    This is a terribly repetitive post at this stage but it was another excellent display by cesc tonight. I think passing up the chance to buy him is/and will prove to be one of Wenger's greatest mistakes

Like I said yesterday. His night and day better then average ozil. Cant believe people think ozil is still world class at Arsenal.

Fabregas is. Not ozil

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

Gringo180 wrote: »
    In his first season in English football last season he had 14 assists and 7 goals in 40 games, so in other words he either created or scored a goal in every other game, not bad for his first season. Compare it to Wilshere who had 5 goals and 5 assists in 35 games last season, Cazorla chipped in with 9 assists and 6 goals in 46 games, do you see the trend here? Ozil is our best creative midfielder by far, he should be played centrally beside either Ramsey or Wilshere and stopped been shoved out wide to accommodate them 2 in the team because he is wasted out on the wing. With all due respect if you think Ozil is average at best I would really question your footballing knowledge.

Like everyone has said. Stats don't paint the whole picture and people keep comparing him to Wilshere and Ramsey who are average players.

There is only one great player and that's Sanchez

Like I said yesterday. His night and day better then average ozil. Cant believe people think ozil is still world class at Arsenal.

Fabregas is. Not ozil

Yes, night and day between average Ozil, but not when both are playing at their peak. I've watched a fair bit of Chelsea this year, and Cesc can still disappear in games. He comes to the fore in easier games, and seems to be given a lot more freedom than Ozil.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Jaafa

Fabregas is. Not ozil

If Ozil was playing in that Chelsea team he'd be lighting it up even better than Cesc. If Cesc was with us now he wouldn't be doing nearly as well as he is at Chelsea. As sad as it is our entire team has just been crap lately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,751 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Think we're gonna win tonight

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,083 ✭✭✭DenMan

Tonight's game against Dortmund is live on Sky1. COYG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Jaafa wrote: »
    If Ozil was playing in that Chelsea team he'd be lighting it up even better than Cesc. If Cesc was with us now he wouldn't be doing nearly as well as he is at Chelsea. As sad as it is our entire team has just been crap lately.

TBH he wouldnt start, for the very same reason Mata was sold, cant tackle, wont track back, not quick or strong enough.

Not doubting his ability, of which he has plenty but the way we want to play theres just no room for someone who isnt going to work hard.

He was excellent for Real and Jose but in a different system and league where they had the ball about 65% of the time and were trouncing teams at will.

He could probably adapt to a pressing system with tracking back duties but we wont know.

I also agree on Cesc, mainly because hes got a better calibre of player, with yere injuries currently, to work with at Chelsea right now but I'm sure yere sick of the Cesc talk anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Ken Shamrock

Arsenal last four vs German opposition at home

Arsenal 0-2 Schalke 04
    Arsenal 1-3 Bayern Munich
    Arsenal 1-2 BVB
    Arsenal 0-2 Bayern Munich

• Registered Users Posts: 1,533 ✭✭✭Colonialboy

Unfortunately Wenger is starting to remind me of Bobby Robson when he started his decline.
    Very out of touch with reality and the changes that were taking place in the game.
    Stubborn beyond sense.
    Isolating himself by being the only one who cant see what the issues are.
    Harking back to days of yore when everyone wore top hats .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

Unfortunately Wenger is starting to remind me of Bobby Robson when he started his decline.
    Very out of touch with reality and the changes that were taking place in the game.
    Stubborn beyond sense.
    Isolating himself by being the only one who cant see what the issues are.
    Harking back to days of yore when everyone wore top hats .

Was Bobby Robson's last job in management not at Newcastle where he was very successful?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭wawaman

Was Bobby Robson's last job in management not at Newcastle where he was very successful?

I think it was as assistant to Stan - nuff said !

He was great at the start for Newcastle then he was sacked because they had a woeful start to the season and he was allegedly discontent in the dressing room.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,751 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

But didn't they proceed to do far worse and actually get relegated after he left?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

AdamD wrote: »
    But didn't they proceed to do far worse and actually get relegated after he left?

and this year they are sticking with Pardew after everyone said he should be sacked and now they have turned it around....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

greendom wrote: »
    and this year they are sticking with Pardew after everyone said he should be sacked and now they have turned it around....

For how many weeks though, he has brought them to the brink and back and back and back and back again..............

Soups123 wrote: »
    For how many weeks though, he has brought them to the brink and back and back and back and back again..............

one hell of a ride, how boring must it be to win every week, pity the Chelsea fans ;)

one hell of a ride, how boring must it be to win every week, pity the Chelsea fans ;)

Every week, I'll take every other week for now...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Thats football. Runs of wins and runs of losses. We are too quick to praise and eulogise after a good spell and too quick to condemn after a loss.

Pardew should go because, in my opinion, the last few years have proven him to be a poor manager....good or bad runs dont really effect that. They might be 5th now but they were near the bottom a month ago and will likely yoyo a few more times just like you said.

I feel similarly about wenger. Getting top 4 or not getting it shouldnt be the deciding factor in him going. He should go because its time. Hes been good for the club but its gotten stale and arsenal havent improved in the last ten years.

Kirby wrote: »
    Thats football. Runs of wins and runs of losses. We are too quick to praise and eulogise after a good spell and too quick to condemn after a loss.

Pardew should go because, in my opinion, the last few years have proven him to be a poor manager....good or bad runs dont really effect that.

I feel similarly about wenger. Getting top 4 or not getting it shouldnt be the deciding factor in him going. He should go because its time. Hes been good for the club but its gotten stale and arsenal havent improved in the last ten years.

Agree ups and downs are part of the journey but you have the level of ups continue to increase year on year or peak for longer periods. Peaking at 4th and an FA Cup is still not good enough

On your point of praise take Rogers for instance fans in all quarters were discribing last year as youthful, fresh, new age, tactically astute etc. and now..........

Our slump month is usually November, I reckon its a month late and like everything a month late, I'm getting worried. :o

• Advertisement

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Our slump month is usually November, I reckon its a month late and like everything a month late, I'm getting worried. :o

You must have a Chelsea beeper the posts to be barely out and boom :)

Dont see where a Chelsea slump is going to come from this year unless they get an Arsenal like injury run.

Kirby wrote: »

Pardew should go because, in my opinion, the last few years have proven him to be a poor manager....good or bad runs dont really effect that. They might be 5th now but they were near the bottom a month ago and will likely yoyo a few more times just like you said.

you can't hang the 10 year thing over Wenger's head. he was working in a constrained environment for all but the last 2 years of that period.

You must have a Chelsea beeper the posts to be barely out and boom :)

Dont see where a Chelsea slump is going to come from this year unless they get an Arsenal like injury run.

11 minutes after the post, I'm kind of busy in work so pop arund the forum and the a few pages when I get a chance :pac:

This is probably my 2nd most posted in thread, always good craic and knowledgable posts and posters.

Well I've said it in the Chelsea thread I think our first loss in the league at least will be away to Newcastle on 6th December I think it is, a very tricky game to an in form team.

We've Sunderland away Saturday, I'd be cautiously optimistic, Spurs at the Bridge after that, f**k knows what Spurs team will turn up, the one that plays like Brazil 1970 or a team that has 90mins of cluster f**k then Newcastle, thats the tricky one IMO.

GavRedKing wrote: »
    11 minutes after the post, I'm kind of busy in work so pop arund the forum and the a few pages when I get a chance :pac:

This is probably my 2nd most posted in thread, always good craic and knowledgable posts and posters.

Well I've said it in the Chelsea thread I think our first loss in the league at least will be away to Newcastle on 6th December I think it is, a very tricky game to an in form team.

We've Sunderland away Saturday, I'd be cautiously optimistic, Spurs at the Bridge after that, f**k knows what Spurs team will turn up, the one that plays like Brazil 1970 or a team that has 90mins of cluster f**k then Newcastle, thats the tricky one IMO.

I bet you say that to all the other girls threads

I think Sunderland will give you a bigger challenge than Newcastle they have caused you guys a few problems the last few years. But this time around I dont see it. I had Sunderland at 9-1 last time!

If you look at fixtures ahead and work on the assumption there are no injuries then Chelsea sail it, luckily things arent always that simple. Costa out for any lenght of time would be interesting as he is just on fire

you can't hang the 10 year thing over Wenger's head. he was working in a constrained environment for all but the last 2 years of that period.

Greendorm if we every meet I'm going to bait this point out of your system:pac:

Have the Arsenal Boardsies ever met up for a few scoops before?

Have the Arsenal Boardsies ever met up for a few scoops before?

A lot headed into the Mercantile for the FA Cup final but it wasnt a direct meet, although it was a great day out

I'm getting so sick of repeating it, you may not need to :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

A lot headed into the Mercantile for the FA Cup final but it wasnt a direct meet, although it was a great day out

Really good

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

I didn't meet any of yous :(

At least I think not. I was the eejit in the Vela shirt :pac:

I didn't meet any of yous :(

At least I think not. I was the eejit in the Vela shirt :pac:

Oh man, what were you thinking?? :P

Someone stole my jacket from the Mercantile on cup final day :(

On the plus side we won the cup!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Dont know why but feeling confident. Fiver on Yaya to score first :D The fella behind the counter said noone had ever put a bet on him in there before :pac:

Raf32 wrote: »
    Dont know why but feeling confident. Fiver on Yaya to score first :D The fella behind the counter said noone had ever put a bet on him in there before :pac:

I'll pay you the odds on that if he scores man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Is Sanogo starting? Really??

• Advertisement

I'll pay you the odds on that if he scores man.

I was expecting his odds to be at least double what they were :pac:
    9/1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

Interesting next two weeks for Wenger, He has tough away game with West Brom and then high flying Southampton then the Last CL game.

I'm worried about tonight, I'm not very confident for our chances. Our Manager is still talking a ton of crap about it still could turn out to be a strong season and some of our better players have been massively disappointing. I hope we win but I expect a draw at best.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,456 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Agree.
    Wenger shouldn't have been allowed to double job as accountant and football manager.
    As his accounting improved his managerial skills declined. Now he's more of an accountant than a football manager.

Raf I'm expecting some rants tonight from you and your rant father Tayto :pac:.
    I be expecting a line like "Sanchez isn't any good" from you. you never disappoint.

Agree.
    Wenger shouldn't have been allowed to double job as accountant and football manager.
    As his accounting improved his managerial skills declined. Now he's more of an accountant than a football manager.

The board are at fault for that for given him so much power. He's far too cocky sitting at these press conferences coming out with stupid lines like "We still have a strong season ahead" and when he's criticised he has a tantrum like a little child.

• Advertisement

Looper007 wrote: »
    Interesting next two weeks for Wenger, He has tough away game with West Brom and then high flying Southampton then the Last CL game.

I'm worried about tonight, I'm not very confident for our chances. Our Manager is still talking a ton of crap about it still could turn out to be a strong season and some of our better players have been massively disappointing. I hope we win but I expect a draw at best.

This is B0LLOCKs. Our season is already over if were going to be realistic. How can it be a strong season maybe finishing at best 3rd or 4th (again) and about 20 points off Chelsea.

Gringo180 wrote: »
    This is B0LLOCKs. Our season is already over if were going to be realistic. How can it be a strong season maybe finishing at best 3rd or 4th (again) and about 20 points off Chelsea.

I agree but he's still thinking its a good season, the man's deluded or really cocky that he's safe no matter what. He's been saying this for the past 5 to 6 years that 4th is the new 1st for us. We are now the laughing stock of the footballing world. No one takes us serious. Given Wenger this much power at the club has been a disaster.

I be expecting a line like "Sanchez isn't any good" from you. you never disappoint.

I comment when players have been progressively bad :D I look forward to see if your on the fence again tonight Looper :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,456 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Ha you won't hear much from me tonight.
    I don't like the CL as we're never strong enough in recent years to win it imo.

I am 100% interested in the EPL as it's over 38 games and is our bread and butter football competition full of hustle and bustle and it really decides who the best team is over a season

Little interest in the cups either, just watch for an interest.

I agree but he's still thinking its a good season, the man's deluded or really cocky that he's safe no matter what. He's been saying this for the past 5 to 6 years that 4th is the new 1st for us. We are now the laughing stock of the footballing world. No one takes us serious. Given Wenger this much power at the club has been a disaster.

I didn't really mind the past 5 or 6 years when he said it because we didn't have the finances we have now and back then we were losing our better players and replacing them with inferior ones. But this season I have had enough, I really thought that FA Cup win would of pushed this team onto greater things but we have gone backwards. Not only is the club a joke on the field its the same off it.

I comment when players have been progressively bad :D I look forward to see if your on the fence again tonight Looper :D

I'm going to have a drink or two and cry into my beer when we lose. Then come on and sit on that fence rather half pissed :pac:.

I'm going to have a drink or two and cry into my beer when we lose. Then come on and sit on that fence rather half pissed :pac:.
    Genuinely think we will be celebrating tonight. Non pressure game so expect the bottlers to turn up :pac:

Sanogo starting, jaysus

Arsenal: Martinez, Chambers, Mertesacker, Monreal, Gibbs, Arteta, Ramsey, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Cazorla, Alexis, Sanogo

Sanogo starting, jaysus

Its gonna happen :D

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement