Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Wengers a genius

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

80 quid

Hon boards

Hon raf

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭symbolic

ironkiwi wrote: »
    The mind boggles!! Bring him on in games where we are comfortable against the likes of Burnley and QPR ..... not that we have any comfortable games these days but you know what I mean. Starting him against Bayern and Dortmund is not the way to make him better. He needs to be eased into it not thrown into games when the pressure is on.

#ironkiwiOut

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 396 ✭✭ironkiwi

The mind boggles!! Bring him on in games where we are comfortable against the likes of Burnley and QPR ..... not that we have any comfortable games these days but you know what I mean. Starting him against Bayern and Dortmund is not the way to make him better. He needs to be eased into it not thrown into games when the pressure is on.

Can I delete this post!!! ðŸ˜႒

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭yipeeeee

Oops.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

Raf32 wrote: »
    Told yee :D

Fair play to ye mate! Make sure you collect the money of the same guy you put the bet on with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

I'd say yer man in the bookies was breaking his balls laughing :pac:
    You never see a bookie on a bicycle and won't with bets like that.

Ring ring!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Wenger in!

wonga77 wrote: »
    right, ive gone one better
    Sanogo to score first and us to win 2-1 is 45/1 and sanogo first goalscorer and us to win 2-0 is 75/1

Thats not greedy at all...

I chickened and went AOC and 2-1. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 396 ✭✭ironkiwi

symbolic wrote: »
    #ironkiwiOut

:)

My new plan is to criticise whoever starts up front anymore this could turn around our season

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Fair play to ye mate! Make sure you collect the money of the same guy you put the bet on with.

Will make sure to. Any more Sanogo bets will happen there :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,456 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

efb wrote: »
    Ring ring!

Ha ha Goal machine :D
    Delighted for him. First in nineteen games.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,410 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Sanogoal Sa-one-goal

Welbeck has a very slight hamstring issue doesn't he?

Sango is just a sh*t footballer, not his fault Arsenal signed him.

Lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Ken Shamrock

Odds on Sanogo hattrick??

Sanogo to prove everyone wrong tonight

( not sure I believe it myself )

You gotta have faith!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,751 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Dont know why but feeling confident. Fiver on Yaya to score first :D The fella behind the counter said noone had ever put a bet on him in there before :pac:

Raf in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,456 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Should have done it again there.

Odds on Sanogo hattrick??

Was gonna say that earlier, be like Welbeck look good in one match. :pac:

• Advertisement

Daily mail, hopefully true. Although if it is it looks like Welbz and Theo could be out too??

That would leave Wenger lining up something like this:

Martinez

Chambers--Mertesacker--Monreal--Gibbs

Arteta
    Ramsey

Cazorla

Ox
    Sanogo
    Very tired Sanchez

Not good
    Proud of this :D

I'll pay you the odds on that if he scores man.

Not so proud of this one

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭flyingoutside

He scores and butchers a chance. That's the sanogo we know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭byrneg28

i love this kid..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

byrneg28 wrote: »
    i love this kid..

Best player we have had since Henry, what a talent!

We are 2-0 up, please god just be sensible now and take it we don't need to load attack or close it down high up the pitch

• Advertisement

He's got a lot of stick the past few weeks but I have been pretty impressed with Monreal lately myself, hes not afraid to get stuck in, I actually think he has looked more of a centre back than Mertesacker this season.

Arteta's usual injury lately. Its a shame, we look so much better with him. Watch the headless chicken Flamini get made a show off!lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Not happy until we get 3.

Wait no, Anderlecht.

Wait no, Newcastle.

5 it is :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Jaafa

Gringo180 wrote: »
    Best player we have had since Henry, what a talent!

That was a very henry-esque goal too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Jaafa

Wait no, Anderlecht.

Wait no, Newcastle.

Reading mate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Qwerty27

Anyone know when our last goal from a corner was?!

Qwerty27 wrote: »

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,665 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Qwerty27 wrote: »

Linighan in '93? :pac:

Jaafa wrote: »
    That was a very henry-esque goal too.

Very similar the way he bent it around the keeper, Henry loved that sort of finish.

Would like to see Campbell get a run out here in the last 15.

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Lahinchians

Wait no, Anderlecht.

Wait no, Newcastle.

Was thinking the same there haha

Gringo180 wrote: »
    He's got a lot of stick the past few weeks but I have been pretty impressed with Monreal lately myself, hes not afraid to get stuck in, I actually think he has looked more of a centre back than Mertesacker this season.

For me he has been better than Mert for a few weeks now

Another 2 hammers tonight it has to be training, fitness or conditioning not been done right

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Jaafa wrote: »
    Reading mate.

Jaysis.

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Lahinchians

Sanogos done his hamstring. .. wonderful

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

Soups123 wrote: »
    Another 2 hammers tonight it has to be training, fitness or conditioning not been done right

It's been done by one of the top S&C coaches in the world

It's def been done right

• Advertisement

Have to say im very impressed with the GK. had very little to do but when he has he has been brilliant. Not looking to be constantly involved in the game as well as decent distribution.

Have to say im very impressed with the GK. had very little to do but when he has he has been brilliant. Not looking to be constantly involved in the game as well as decent distribution.

He committed himself twice to balls across the face of the goal and missed, that would be my only worry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    That's mainly because they've been found out.

They may have to alter their play style just a little, as the German teams have started to figure out their style of play. Just sit back and force them to pass in front of you and they will crumble.

Most of the teams in the CL don't have teams in their own division that play similar football to BVB. Because of that they struggle.

Like i said above BVB have been figured out.
    Anytime BVB got the ball in our half we dropped everyone back and forced them into a passing game which as we saw today they're awful at. We didn't play a high line for them to run into and because of that the like of Aubameyang became useless.

Its a nice change to see Wenger actually changing the defensive system to focus on a oppositions weakness.
    Hopefully we move on from this win.

Best defender - Gibbs
    Best midfielder - Arteta
    Best attacker - Ox

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

Very good performance and Sanchez goal was a cracker. The positive from it that it should give a bit of confidence into the players into the next couple of fixtures. Still nothing to be carried away about but the injury situation is getting worrying.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭emmetlego

He's very young, but seems to have all the tools.

As for the performance, I was expecting it, and they showed much more discipline tactically. Thanks be to God!!!

Mert and Monreal never looked troubled, our 2 FBs were solid, but contributed to attack nicely. Ramsey is really struggling to find 2013 form, but his overall display was good, Arteta I personally thought was class, but was that a hammer injury or his hip?? Anyway, Ox looks improved, and Santi was decent also.

Well done to the betting syndicate here on YaYa's glory, delighted for ye all, he was good, even leaving the goal aside…

But what can you say about Alexis… A hero already!!! The best since Henry, but the potential to be as good, or dare I say it… Even better!

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    Like i said above BVB have been figured out.
    Anytime BVB got the ball in our half we dropped everyone back and forced them into a passing game which as we saw today they're awful at. We didn't play a high line for them to run into and because of that the like of Aubameyang became useless.

Its a nice change to see Wenger actually changing the defensive system to focus on a oppositions weakness.
    Hopefully we move on from this win.

Best defender - Gibbs
    Best midfielder - Arteta
    Best attacker - Ox

Got to agree with this here. Credit where its due, Wenger lined the team out to counteract the opposition and did it very well. Spot on with his tactics tonight. Would love to see some consistency out of him though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

On the injury front when is Ozil and Walcott expected back?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

More mature performance tonight, hopefully we can see more of that in future. What the hell is with all the injuries though!

emmetlego wrote: »
    He's very young, but seems to have all the tools.

As for the performance, I was expecting it, and they showed much more discipline tactically. Thanks be to God!!!

Mert and Monreal never looked troubled, our 2 FBs were solid, but contributed to attack nicely. Ramsey is really struggling to find 2013 form, but his overall display was good, Arteta I personally thought was class, but was that a hammer injury or his hip?? Anyway, Ox looks improved, and Santi was decent also.

Well done to the betting syndicate here on YaYa's glory, delighted for ye all, he was good, even leaving the goal aside…

But what can you say about Alexis… A hero already!!! The best since Henry, but the potential to be as good, or dare I say it… Even better!
    Now now now, take it easy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭emmetlego

Now now now, take it easy

:):):) Tongue in cheek!

He is pure class, you will agree, longevity of this form, and he wont be too far away!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement