Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cost of vmware VCP exam

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

I'll answer my own questions, it corresponds to the VCP5-DCV exam, which is either the 5.1 exam or the 5.5 one. It seems the 5.5 one is a lot longer than 5.1(it is 135 questions and 120 minutes, up from 85 questions/ 90 minutes.

But most training centres seem to do just 5.5. The exam in 5.1 is still available though. Anyone know of a course to do a 5.1 course? I find all the web based, SSO shít in 5.5 a bit painful.

And the exam is about €215 form Pearson

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭STEINBERG

You will need to go to a VMware certified course in order to sit the exam... Basically you cannot just go to any other VCP5-DCV course and sit the exam. has to be done through VMware Authorized Training Center

I believe they come in at around €2000 roughly for the fast track which is 5 days.

You would be better of to do the 5.5, same stuff as 5.1 but with all the new features of 5.5...
    As i am aware 5.1 is going to be discontinued soon enough.... Also the 5.5 exam is easier. more questions but more thoughtful questions about the material.

I heard the 5.1 exam is tough, more questions along the line of troubleshooting from a tech engineer point of view, very hard unless you have been working with the stuff for some time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭bennyineire

I would be interested in sitting this exam, I done a cloud computing module (level 4)last year in my Comp Sci course in UCD and it was basically a VM ware course using v sphere 5.5,
    I wonder would it be possible to get an exemption from doing the course.
    The lecturer is a certified VM ware instructor.

Advertisement