Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pregnancy Hospital Chart

Options
  • 02-10-2014 4:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi all,

Can anyone tell me if I should have my hospital chart with me at all times? As in taking it to and from the hospital for each visit?
    I am 18 weeks with my first pregnancy and have never been given a chart each time I've been to the hospital, but every prenatal class I look up tells me to bring my hospital chart?

My next appointment is at the end of the month so I don't want to go calling the hospital about this! I'm in Holles Street (NMH).

If someone could help me in my confusion that would be great!

Thanks! :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 500 ✭✭✭indigo twist

Are you waiting on blood results from your most recent appointment? I was Holles St too (public, combined care), and as far as I remember, I wasn't given the chart after my first appointment or after any appointment when I had bloods taken, but was given it to bring home after all other appointments.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 renegade565

Are you waiting on blood results from your most recent appointment? I was Holles St too (public, combined care), and as far as I remember, I wasn't given the chart after my first appointment or after any appointment when I had bloods taken, but was given it to bring home after all other appointments.

Yes, my last appointment was my first appointment (bloods&medical history) as I am also doing combined care and am public. But that was about a month or more ago!
    I told the nurse I wanted to do some antenatal classes and she gave me all the details but I'm not sure how I'm supposed to go with no chart since it seems like a requirement to bring it :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 500 ✭✭✭indigo twist

Yes, my last appointment was my first appointment (bloods&medical history) as I am also doing combined care and am public. But that was about a month or more ago!
    I told the nurse I wanted to do some antenatal classes and she gave me all the details but I'm not sure how I'm supposed to go with no chart since it seems like a requirement to bring it :/

There is definitely absolutely no need to bring your chart to the antenatal classes, assuming you're planning to do the ones in Holles St? No one had them at our ones anyways. You would want to ring and book them now though, as they're booked out well in advance!

It's normal not to get your chart back after the first "booking" appointment, but I imagine you'll be given it after your next appointment and after most/all subsequent ones. If you want it for antenatal classes, just make sure that the classes start after your next appointment. :)

On a related note, when you give birth, you'll have the chart sitting beside your bed in hospital - I photographed each page of mine! It's just a good thing to have in future, e.g. for future pregnancies, if you want to compare!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 renegade565

There is definitely absolutely no need to bring your chart to the antenatal classes, assuming you're planning to do the ones in Holles St? No one had them at our ones anyways. You would want to ring and book them now though, as they're booked out well in advance!

It's normal not to get your chart back after the first "booking" appointment, but I imagine you'll be given it after your next appointment and after most/all subsequent ones. If you want it for antenatal classes, just make sure that the classes start after your next appointment. :)

On a related note, when you give birth, you'll have the chart sitting beside your bed in hospital - I photographed each page of mine! It's just a good thing to have in future, e.g. for future pregnancies, if you want to compare!

It's for classes in Holles Street. I guess I'll go ahead and book then! Even for some of the drop-in classes the website says to bring your chart with you-strange!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Ms2011

I take my chart home with me, takes an age to queue up & get it from the office before each hospital appointment so I just keep it with me. I'm also doing combined care so I also need to have it for my gp to fill in my notes when I see him.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭Sligo1

Hi all,

Can anyone tell me if I should have my hospital chart with me at all times? As in taking it to and from the hospital for each visit?
    I am 18 weeks with my first pregnancy and have never been given a chart each time I've been to the hospital, but every prenatal class I look up tells me to bring my hospital chart?

My next appointment is at the end of the month so I don't want to go calling the hospital about this! I'm in Holles Street (NMH).

If someone could help me in my confusion that would be great!

Thanks! :)

Hi OP, Holles St will keep your chart with them until you are 20 weeks gestation. From 20 weeks they will give you your chart to take home. You should keep your chart with you (I always left mine in the car) and bring it into any antenatal appointments you may have. You don't need it at antenatal classes per say... But you just need to have it somewhere accessible in case you go into labour. Bring it to all your appointments.

Advertisement