Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What do you Do During Your Spare Hour?

Options
  • 02-10-2014 4:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭

When you have one hour Between lectures or between cooking an experiment how do you occupy your time?

Personally I feel going to the library is a waste of time because by the time you find a good seat and get settled your hour is nearly up. I tend to just eat.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭beardedmaster

Cawfee

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭kilrush

Sometimes I go to a cool society or union organised event,I change the world for the better by running some amazing social/political campaign or every now and again (#ShockHorror) I talk to the other homo sapiens who occupy the area around me about exciting things like the weather,sport or current affairs.

• Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭omicron

UCDCritic wrote: »
    When you have one hour Between lectures or between cooking an experiment how do you occupy your time?

Personally I feel going to the library is a waste of time because by the time you find a good seat and get settled your hour is nearly up. I tend to just eat.

It takes what, 5 or 6 minutes to find a seat and get settled in the library. If its taking you longer than that you're doing something wrong!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,940 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

omicron wrote: »
    It takes what, 5 or 6 minutes to find a seat and get settled in the library. If its taking you longer than that you're doing something wrong!!!

I can kinda empathize with the position. Depending where you are on campus afterwards, lobbing down to the library, settling in, packing up and lobbing back can be annoying and a little time-consuming, especially in midterm and exam season. That's before considering getting into the flow of whatever you're sitting down to study/do. I find it sometimes easier to just plant myself in the relative vicinity of whatever's next, maybe grab a tea/coffee and take out something course related; there's always something to be getting done.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Usually I clear a Riamfada shaped gap in the filth that is the Reader's cafe common area and sit on my laptop doing a bit of work with a coffee. If its heavy work its to the library.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭UCDCritic

omicron wrote: »

But I hate noise when I'm studying so if I can't get into one of the few quiet spots around the library there's no point, and 80% of the time all the spots are taken.

And I think it was pretty much agreed in a previous thread that the JJ was the worst library in UCD for study

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭electrictrad

Talk to people on your course perhaps? If you're in Arts, go to Health Science library. Nowhere else on campus can you get 10 glares for just walking near the study desks; you'd be embarrassed to breathe, they're that quiet.

Talk to people on your course perhaps? If you're in Arts, go to Health Science library. Nowhere else on campus can you get 10 glares for just walking near the study desks; you'd be embarrassed to breathe, they're that quiet.

Too far to walk

NEXT!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

Too far to walk

NEXT!

Its at most, 5 minutes. And a little exercise never killed anyone. If someone considered Newman to the Health Sciences a 'far walk' your well on your way to some health issues.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement