Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Near riot over a Midget horse in Finglas

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭crannglas

anewme wrote: »
    Are you having a laugh????

I've watched that video through and I cant believe it.

The people in that video are a complete disgrace.

The father, the daughter, all of them should be completely ashamed of othemselves. There were a lot of small children around in their school unforms and yet their language was unreal.

It galls me that I work my backside off for my taxes to go to people like this.

Why were they not in work instead of shouting abuse at the Gardai?

Eh I don't know why they weren't in work,maybe their day off or work at night or husband work and they stay at home to rear children. Just because they were cursing and kicking off in heat of moment made idol threats which none of them them carried out. Doesn't make them people you can pay for. People react in emotional situations differently. They used verbal abuse. Your snobbery is mind blowing.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

"No person shall at any time in a public place turn out to graze or feed or allow to stray or remain any horse without the written consent of Dublin City Council"
    https://www.dublincity.ie/sites/.../ControlofHorsesByeLaws2014.pdf

I have a horse but only bought one when I could afford to pay for all its needs. I work long and hard to pay for it, I don't go out most weekends to pubs/restaurants , I don't go on expensive holidays or spend lots of money on myself, I do this so I can pay for my horse to be kept and cared for, as we don't have land or stables.

I was raised in North Cork ,so horses are a part of my culture to,but I don't expect anyone else to provide me with what my horse needs.

Why should horses be tolerated where the living conditions are not suitable and where they may be a danger to themselves and/or others.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭getuponthis

they were maybe on a day off or working a nights shift!?? This guy just keeps on giving!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭Dr Turk Turkelton

"No person shall at any time in a public place turn out to graze or feed or allow to stray or remain any horse without the written consent of Dublin City Council"
    https://www.dublincity.ie/sites/.../ControlofHorsesByeLaws2014.pdf

I have a horse but only bought one when I could afford to pay for all its needs. I work long and hard to pay for it, I don't go out most weekends to pubs/restaurants , I don't go on expensive holidays or spend lots of money on myself, I do this so I can pay for my horse to be kept and cared for, as we don't have land or stables.

I was raised in North Cork ,so horses are a part of my culture to,but I don't expect anyone else to provide me with what my horse needs.

Why should horses be tolerated where the living conditions are not suitable and where they may be a danger to themselves and/or others.

"Part of your culture"?

How'ya boss

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,059 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Hmmm Crannglas rhymes with Finglas, so I take it your from the area?

Also I'm delighted the horses were saved, wish they could round more of the poor horses, Halloween is coming up and the poor animals will be made jump over bonfires or set alight! I also think the Smithfield horse fair and the likes should be banned outright, it's a disgrace the way these vermin treat the poor horses here in Dublin!

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Shady Tady

The guy with the toothbrush was priceless!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭anniehoo

They're getting the horses back seemingly, after they pay nearly €2000 in various Pound fees. A deposits already been paid and the "community" are raising the rest.

I despair I really do :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,059 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

anniehoo wrote: »
    They're getting the horses back seemingly, after they pay nearly €2000 in various Pound fees. A deposits already been paid and the "community" are raising the rest.

Oh no God help the poor animals :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,021 ✭✭✭✭anewme

crannglas wrote: »
    Eh I don't know why they weren't in work,maybe their day off or work at night or husband work and they stay at home to rear children. Just because they were cursing and kicking off in heat of moment made idol threats which none of them them carried out. Doesn't make them people you can pay for. People react in emotional situations differently. They used verbal abuse. Your snobbery is mind blowing.

Im not a snob, I grew up in a Council Estate, but there was none of that crap, horses etc , it just would not be tolerated.

Zero tolerance for people like that.

Their behaviour was intimidating and scary. They should be ashamed of themselves but instead the girl was telling the fella to put it on you tube. That in itself speaks volumes.

If you can't see what is wrong with these people then there's not much more I can say to you really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Oh no God help the poor animals :(

Why? The animals looked well cared for and healthy. Surely if they're getting them back then the owners must have satisfied authorities about the conditions in which they are kept.

If you want to feel sorry for animals take a drive into the country and notice the amount of emaciated horses left alone in fields for weeks on end.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭moxin

Also I'm delighted the horses were saved, wish they could round more of the poor horses,

Hold on, what happens to the horse when unclaimed at the pound? I know what happens to cats and dogs(put to death), does the same happen to horses?

If these horses(really ponys) were loved and taken care of by their owners, and I did not like the council official grabbing the creature by the tail..are the council by default making the ponys personal situation worse by seizing them for the death chambers?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 919 ✭✭✭wicklowstevo

Why? The animals looked well cared for and healthy. Surely if they're getting them back then the owners must have satisfied authorities about the conditions in which they are kept.

If you want to feel sorry for animals take a drive into the country and notice the amount of emaciated horses left alone in fields for weeks on end.

and who do you figure owns them animals ?

[/B]

and who do you figure owns them animals ?

What's the relevance of that? The people in the video here certainly don't own them.

'Middle class' owners are one of the biggest culprits when it comes to neglecting or abandoning horses. Go to any sanctuary or rescue shelter and ask them if you don't believe me. Circumstances change and those that had bought animals as a fad end up abandoning them or leaving them in fields for extended periods.

Fact is that the animals in the OP look healthy and cared for. They may not be kept in the most ideal of living arrangements, but they most certainly have not been abandoned. If the 'pound' is prepared to release them back to the owners then they must feel that they are been cared for sufficiently too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,522 ✭✭✭tigger123

The sh*t the cops have to put up with is unbelievable. There is NO money in the world that would have me do that job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

Kill the animal on the spot and charge the owner for the cost of disposing of the carcass.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,522 ✭✭✭tigger123

Kill the animal on the spot and charge the owner for the cost of disposing of the carcass.

It's not the animals fault.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

That picture really brings a whole new meaning to the expression - 'dickhead'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Molester Stallone II

Hang on, just so we're clear here, you mean the horse and not your wan in the white t-shirt?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,021 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Hang on, just so we're clear here, you mean the horse and not your wan in the white t-shirt?

There was nothing wrong with her according to some people here.....she was just feeling a bit tired and emotional:eek::eek:

and worried about Daddy's heart :eek::eek:

but luckily Daddy's heart condition improved dramatically as the horse was being taken away, so all is good in the world again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

tigger123 wrote: »
    It's not the animals fault.

It kinder than let it live in poor condition. Send a short sharp message to those keep horses in inappropriate conditions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭phonypony

Gardai showed great restraint here not throwing yer wan in the boot of the squad car and cracking a few skulls as they used to

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 599 ✭✭✭mooneyd

The gardai are under staffed, there are government cuts left right and center, Medical cards being revoked but they can spend the over €2000 to take a bloody pony.
    I'm so glad my tax is being spent on good causes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

conorh91 wrote: »
    If horses keep some kids out of prison, then barring serious neglect, I'm all for those kids keeping horses.
    They don't keep anyone out of prison though, just provides another way for most of these scumbags to break the laws of the state and sh1t on everyone else that is paying their way.
    What utter, utter scumbags the residents of that estate seem to be. Seeing that lady being arrested towards the end made me happy.
    It looks to me like it was only one "troublesome" family involved and the rest of the decent people in the estate were on their way to school or work and stopped to see what was going on!
    eh who says what land belongs to the council in first place. Did you not hear the girl " we have a stable around the corner,walk around and I show you. Couldn't watch anymore when that **** was pulling out of that poor pony. It so obviously was distressed and him dragging out of its tail. Probably kill it and sell it as meat to France. Very upset watching that. Those girls obviously take good care of their animals. She offered to put the horse in for them and they wouldn't let her. Disgusted by garda actions. They were very disrespectful of situation. That man who dragged out of the horse like it was a slab of meat on a hook should be sacked. What the hell were so many Garda doing there for. Only people shouting and roaring was the owners (rightly so) Gardai should be doing their real job arresting criminals and not evicting old people and taking peoples pets off them when not abused. Seriously annoyed by that footage. Fuming now.
    It dosen't matter who owns the land, the public have access to the area the ponies were grazing and they were a danger to others particularly young children. If the "girls" took any care of the animals they would not have them grazing freely on public land without papers or microchips.

There were so many Gardai because this family are possibly well known to the Gardai? The Gardai were doing their job protecting council staff from a scumbag family.
    Would you not need a gun to go with your hand and bullet ?
    Is Gatling claiming to be "Bang-Bang"?
    Really? You genuinely don't see that?

It seems obvious that giving young lads an adrenalin rush that doesn't involve criminal behaviour could help prevent criminal behaviour.

It seems obvious that a productive pastime can keep young lads off the streets and out of trouble.

Nobody supports serious animal neglect, or horses roaming the roads. But a housing estate is not a bad place for horses per se. As I said, people with no experience of horses often misunderstand the needs of horses.
    Adrenalin rush? The little scrotes need proper discipline not allowed do whatever they want! Discipline and control is required and football and boxing and other sports clubs provide this in buckets but these little scrotes get kicked out of all the legitimate pastimes so are destined to a life of petty crime and abuse of the state that feeds and shelters them!
    Did you miss the part when she said they have stables around the corner? Don't need to be loaded and own acres of land to love a horse and to be able to take care of it.
    So why were the ponies running free around the estate making life intolerable for their neighbours? I'd say if that family were evicted the residents would throw a party for the coouncil housing depratment!
    Lmao what because I am not a sheep and see it for what it is. Discrimination against people because where they live. Doesn't matter how upset or how much cursing she did. She was treated heavy handed as was her father. Disgusting. People like me are what's right with this country. People like you are what's weak in this country. No passion or empathy.
    They could have been treated much more firmly and had pepper spray used by the Gardai but they were being mindful of the stress involved while still doing their job. There was only bad behaviour from one family of wasters in that video!
    You're very naive. You probably also think the man has a "heart condition".

The stable is in a meadow beside a brooke. With a rainbow. When that girl and the man with the heart condition get back from work in the stock exchange every day they go galloping around the countryside - helping the animals and birds.
    If either or both of the poor ponies has to carry that big ape around on their backs death would be a blessed release for them!
    Johngoose wrote: »
    Love/ Hate could find a few extras here...
    They got away with shooting a pussycat but they'd hardly shoot a pony?

How much would a Garda operation of that scale cost? Anyone have any idea? Bearing in mind that a helicopter was flying overhead and all.

And a few hours later the animals get released back to the owners =/

Talk about a pointless exercise.

How long did it take gardai in the city to respond to that incident on O'Connell Street where a group of thugs attacked security staff at a Spar shop? 30+ minutes iirc.

At least they have their priorities straight

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,513 ✭✭✭whupdedo

Where are you from, is it rural or urban ?

Anyway, I don't think theirs such a prevalence of neglectful attitude towards horses and animals in the countryside as you might think,sure their is people who do neglect them but they're hardly in the majority

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,219 ✭✭✭woodoo

Great comment at the bottom of the youtube video:

'In any video with the Garda there's always some woman screaming at the top of her voice making things 100 times worse. Guaranteed.'

Fact is that the animals in the OP look healthy and cared for.
    I can tell you one thing for certain. Gardai are plagued with animal cruelty calls so they don't get involved unless absolutely necessary. The animals look plump enough, who's not to say they don't have bellies full of worms?

Either way, there are rules regarding horses. I'm quoting the rules from SDCCs website even though it's Dublin City Council that seized them as SDCC are the only council that are in ANY way transparent.

Reasons for seizure:
    If horses are found wandering on public land.
    If horses are on private land without permission from the landowner.
    If horses cause danger to property or persons.
    If horses cause a nuisance.
    If horses are stabled in a front or rear garden.
    Unlicensed horses.

DCCs fines are higher than SDCC but the owners clearly were breaking several laws as they had no licence, passport or microchip and were grazing on public land. I have zero sympathy for them whatsoever. Stray horses are dangerous to be quite honest and an urban housing estate is no place for them whatsoever.

What I do think is crazy are the fees themselves. They are exorbitant and while I have no problem with a reasonable fine (just like reclaiming your dog from a pound), charging people thousands of euros, knowing in many cases people won't afford it and the animal will be destroyed is ridiculous.

Transport of Horse to Pound: €475.00
    Horse Licence Application Fee: €30.00
    Insertion of Microchip: €44.26
    Overnight charge per horse: €18.73

They have 5 days to raise the money apparently too,which would bring the housing charge alone to almost €200.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,893 ✭✭✭SeanW

pebbles21 wrote: »
    ... Finglas ...
    You pretty much said it all with one word.

SeanW wrote: »
    You pretty much said it all with one word.

Yeh lets label thousands of law abiding people with the 1% who are scum. Go you!!

I can tell you one thing for certain. Gardai are plagued with animal cruelty calls so they don't get involved unless absolutely necessary. The animals look plump enough, who's not to say they don't have bellies full of worms?

Either way, there are rules regarding horses. I'm quoting the rules from SDCCs website even though it's Dublin City Council that seized them as SDCC are the only council that are in ANY way transparent.

Reasons for seizure:
    If horses are found wandering on public land.
    If horses are on private land without permission from the landowner.
    If horses cause danger to property or persons.
    If horses cause a nuisance.
    If horses are stabled in a front or rear garden.
    Unlicensed horses.

DCCs fines are higher than SDCC but the owners clearly were breaking several laws as they had no licence, passport or microchip and were grazing on public land. I have zero sympathy for them whatsoever. Stray horses are dangerous to be quite honest and an urban housing estate is no place for them whatsoever.

What I do think is crazy are the fees themselves. They are exorbitant and while I have no problem with a reasonable fine (just like reclaiming your dog from a pound), charging people thousands of euros, knowing in many cases people won't afford it and the animal will be destroyed is ridiculous.

Transport of Horse to Pound: €475.00
    Horse Licence Application Fee: €30.00
    Insertion of Microchip: €44.26
    Overnight charge per horse: €18.73

They have 5 days to raise the money apparently too,which would bring the housing charge alone to almost €200.

Would it not have made a lot more sense to act discreetly then? Send an official from the council over, together with a vet and a couple of Gardai to assess the situation in a calm manner, check the animals and their living conditions, chip them etc?

Seems a bit overkill to have a dozen or more gardai there, and council workers push and pull the animals into a trailer aggressively; upsetting people in the process. And with a bloody helicopter flying overhead all the while too.

The way they decided to go about it has got to cost thousands, if not tens of thousands of euro. Complete madness.
    The animals look plump enough, who's not to say they don't have bellies full of worms?

Nobody here can say.. that's for sure. Yet it doesn't appear to be stopping anyone from assuming that the animals are being mistreated or abused... based solely on the fact that the owners live in a housing estate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Would it not have made a lot more sense to act discreetly then? Send an official from the council over, together with a vet and a couple of Gardai to assess the situation in a calm manner, check the animals and their living conditions, chip them etc?

Seems a bit overkill to have a dozen or more gardai there, and council workers push and pull the animals into a trailer aggressively; upsetting people in the process. And with a bloody helicopter flying overhead all the while too.

The way they decided to go about it has got to cost thousands, if not tens of thousands of euro. Complete madness.

Who says they originally didnt? The behaviour of the people in the video is of people who make things as difficult as possible so they can play the victim when the cameras come out. Its not like the gardai decided on a whim to get a full unit out. There was definitely a reason and it looks like the right one.

Who says they originally didnt? The behaviour of the people in the video is of people who make things as difficult as possible so they can play the victim when the cameras come out. Its not like the gardai decided on a whim to get a full unit out. There was definitely a reason and it looks like the right one.

Perhaps the Garda based their headcount\turnout on the amount of stereotype daily mail type trouble that could arise?

Nobody here can say.. that's for sure. Yet it doesn't appear to be stopping anyone from assuming that the animals are being mistreated or abused... based solely on the fact that the owners live in a housing estate.
    You're missing the point though. They have accrued €2000 in fees and fines so they have broken several rules in relation to horse ownership. They may have been well fed etc but if they have left those animals in a public area unattended at any stage, that to me is classed as mistreatment. It is no different than letting your dog wander about by itself and exposing it to possibly being injured or killed on the road (or causing an accident that injures people too), which is illegal too.

I would say they have been warned many a time and chose to ignore the Gardai and/or any other official that warned them.The level of Gardai was also warranted. Could you imagine one or 2 trying to handle that situation on their own? There was no way those owners were ever going to peacefully let those animals go without a fight.

This isn't about jumping to conclusions and stereotyping owners that live in housing estates. The simple fact is, those animals were seized for very valid reasons and the owners and their neighbours acted like complete scumbags in that video. The handling of the horses was completely wrong too but that situation was nuts and escalated completely out of control.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭EazyD

What was the Gard trying to do when he grabbed the horses tail? Really stupid tbh, no way to be handling a horse

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

woodoo wrote: »
    Great comment at the bottom of the youtube video:

'In any video with the Garda there's always some woman screaming at the top of her voice making things 100 times worse. Guaranteed.'

Guilty :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

"Part of your culture"?

How'ya boss
    Oldest hunt in Ireland, home of first ever steeplechase, horse fair where Napoleon bought Marengo, birthplace of Vincent O' Brien, John Jo O' Neill, Mallow racecourse, Jim Culloty's yard for starters.

• Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭kingchess

why keep horses only,why not keep a few cows and pigs as well??hell they could keep a few hens as well on the green,and with all the sh.t they would have no shortage for manuring the plot for for the potatoes and veg. oooh silly me-they live in a city.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,687 ✭✭✭blacklilly

I grew up in a what you call well off estate. Horses pottered around when we were kids. So long as they weren't in peoples gardens no one minded. Lovely thing for us kids to have a ride and feed them. Great education. If county council were serious they would sort out areas fields in the area get the owners to pay rent and horses safe from roads.

Tell ya what, why don't the council provide more housing for people that need it, fix the roads and provide services for those who pay tax.

No one has the right to own a horse. These ponies were on council land, free to roam, free to walk on the roads etc. Would you happily let an animal not belonging to you reside on your land, a group of travellers perhaps set up camp for a while on your land? Yea, I thought not.

I am sick to death of this type of mentality; we'll sit on our arses all day long, while decent people work their arses off to pay for our living expenses.

Yes the ponies look in good condition but that doesn't mean they are being adequately provided for.

Also to those of you who have condemned the way in which the pony was handled in terms of its tail being grabbed, the very fact you don't understand why this was done speaks volumes in terms of your knowledge surrounding the handling of equine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

Im not sure who is worse, the person keeping a horse in a housing estate or the person who cant hold their phone properly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭Bepolite

Why are these people in Dublin for fcuks sake. They've clearly no jobs given the fact that some of them are still in their PJs and I assume this was a week day (as the council were involved). Why not feck off to Kerry and live surrounded by horses, where they can yell and shout as much as they like and not disturb anyone.

I actually don't get a toss any more that I'm paying for this lot to sit on their holes; if they want to be a waste of space fine, just go an be a waste of space somewhere - where space isn't at a premium.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭Tail Docker

That horse looked fairly well looked after to me. Any info on why it was taken?

To punish the owner for filming through an upturned letter-box?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭Bepolite

Also why do knackers think filming this **** is going to win them any support. The guards where the model of restraint. 2 minutes in and motor mouth should have got a face full of pepper spray.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭AudreyHepburn

If that were the case, horses would be seized from every dressage yard in the country. Most serious dressage horses are locked up in stables for most of the day, and are exercised over sand, in enclosed arenas. The same usually applied to racehorses, during training season.

As a rule of thumb, the most professional horse owners won't keep their animals on grass.

It's a massive misconception that horses 'belong' in paddocks, when in reality they 'belong' in 12 x 14 ft boxes.

There's a world of difference between dressage yards, which are specifically designed with horses in mind, and housing estate.

If horses keep some kids out of prison, then barring serious neglect, I'm all for those kids keeping horses.

Absolutely, me too. But not in an estate.

Studs and stables exist for a reason. If you don't have the money to afford one then don't get a horse.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭Ralf and Florian

Charming.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭mickydoomsux

Charming.

He's wasn't talking about the horse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭conorh91

foggy_lad wrote: »
    They don't keep anyone out of prison though, just provides another way for most of these scumbags to break the laws of the state and sh1t on everyone else that is paying their way.
    Two issues here.

(1) There's no evidence to prove that equestrianism does or does not keep young men away from criminal behavior. However, it stands to reason that having past-times and non-criminal adrenalin rushes will keep kids away from trouble.
    (2) You're conflating keeping horses on housing estates with serious criminal behaviour. That's not logically excusable.
    There's a world of difference between dressage yards, which are specifically designed with horses in mind, and housing estate.
    Not for the horses, there isn't. Horses do not appreciate aesthetics. The big difference between keeping a horse locked in a back garden 23 hours per day, and keeping him locked up in a stable on a competition yard for 23 hours per day, is that the horse in the back garden will have more space and amusement.

Anyone who has ever worked around horses in a professional way will appreciate how horses' requirements differ substantially from the misconceptions that are out there. People with no familiarity tend to think professionals' horses spend their days rollicking in fields and occasional competitions. No. they are mostly locked up indoors in 12 x 14ft boxes. At the end of the season, when they eventually see grass, they go absolutely bonkers and risk injury, so even this exposure is limited.

If horses could choose, I reckon many of them would choose to live on estates than in professional yards. You have to stop applying human desires and sensibilities to horses.

By the way, I'm not criticizing professional yards. Far from it. Horses are so versatile that they can be very happy in the most challenging environments. That's why they have had such an enduring relationship with mankind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭catallus

That's all very well, and it makes sense, but who cares what the horse want? They just shouldn't be on estates, no more than loose dogs should be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Bepolite wrote: »
    Why are these people in Dublin for fcuks sake. They've clearly no jobs given the fact that some of them are still in their PJs and I assume this was a week day (as the council were involved). Why not feck off to Kerry and live surrounded by horses, where they can yell and shout as much as they like and not disturb anyone.

I actually don't get a toss any more that I'm paying for this lot to sit on their holes; if they want to be a waste of space fine, just go an be a waste of space somewhere - where space isn't at a premium.
    Because that is now the measure of a fair and progressive society.

Your family haven't worked in generations and you've never worked a day in your life? Here's free accommodation in the middle of the capital city plus free weekly cash and free health care.

Your family have been net contributors to the state for generations and you work your bollox off? Here's extortionate rents, driving you out of the capital city where you work and to which you contribute. Here's rising taxes and extortionate health care.

It's a system which punishes the productive and conscientious and rewards the idle. A system which focuses on entitlement without reference to responsibility, personal or civic. A system which has produced several generations of adult babies, unable to provide for themselves, devoid of ambition, their tracksuits and daytime PJs an unconscious two fingered salute to all the working gobshiites who are bled dry to pay for their "entitlements".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭catallus

This is what equality looks like. You seem to have a problem with this. Well suck it up. We're all equal, like it or not.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,513 ✭✭✭whupdedo

What people don't understand is that most horses are bred for something, ie a hunting or eventing horse are perfectly happy inside in a stable with an occasional break outside because they are athletes and are bred for this particular enterprise, and get visibly excited at the prospect of competition (anyone who is involved in horses will know what I mean)

Sure the pony looks well fed and in good condition, but that's largely down to the fact that we have seen one of the best grass growing reasons on record, I'd like to see the condition of that pony and many other horses around their next March after a long winter of battling with other horses for reduced grazing in torn up muddy field with very little shelter

Horses are like people, happier when working with occasional holidays.

but then again that pony probably took on the characteristics of its owners and was used to doing fcuk all, all its life

Advertisement