Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BOI Visa debit 'Chargeback'

Options
  • 02-10-2014 8:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi there,
    As well as an outstanding claim which will never be paid with Setanta insurance (in Liquidation) I had paid my annual premium with Visa debit 2 months before they went bust. 
    I initiated the chargeback process many months ago but have heard nothing back since I was asked for proof that I tried to get my money back off Setanta myself. I forwarded on emails that I had sent to their appointed Liquidator but haven't heard anything back from yourselves in months.
    How long does this process usually take?
    Regards,
    Kieran

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

Hi Kaykays, 

Thank you for getting in contact with us here on Boards.ie. 

We're very sorry to hear you are still in dispute with this transaction. Disputes relating to Visa Debit cards are governed by the Visa International scheme rules and their time frames however, when extra information is require for the case this can extend the duration of the dispute. 

Please call our Bank of Ireland 365 team on 0818 365 365 / 00353 1404 4000 and a representative will be happy to provide you with an update on your case. 

We hope this is resolved for you soon and if we can assist you with anything else here, please don't hesitate to post. 

Thanks, 
    Elaine 

Advertisement