Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

gps tracker

• 02-10-2014 8:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 731 ✭✭✭

hi,

first time poster to this forum!

i have just bought a lovely shiny new vespa and have become very conscious of the area that i live.

i bought a disk lock for it and considered a chain lock but i live in rental acomendation and cannot secure it to anything solid.

the bike has an immobiliser built in

i was wondering does anyone recommend getting a gps tracker and what one would they suggest? am i ridiculous for even considering one?

any advice for a first time scooter owner would be great!

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,381 ✭✭✭Doom

Fully comp insurance

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭Skill Magill

An Almax xhain and squire lock, and lock it to something immovable.
    Alarmed disk lock
    Disk locks on rear disk
    GPS tracker - get the other stuff first

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭Skill Magill

An Almax xhain and squire lock, and lock it to something immovable.
    Alarmed disk lock
    Disk locks on rear disk
    GPS tracker - get the other stuff first

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭DLMA23

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

How would that work on a motorbike?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭DLMA23

I'm sure it could be adapted to suit, how hard could it be?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,031 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Wire a cheap smart phone into the electrical system and hide it on the bike, most have find my phone features or there are plenty of apps, should only need to top up every few months to keep the SIM active.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 183 ✭✭szatan84

You could always buy one of these or similiar one:

http://m.ebay.ie/itm/261329495220?nav=SEARCH

Advertisement