Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

carrauntoohil at christmas / new years

Options
  • 02-10-2014 8:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,113 ✭✭✭

first off, apologies for what must be the umpteenth thread on carrauntoohil :o

i'm hoping to climb carrauntoohil between christmas and new years, will most likely go guided as in spite of being an experienced hiker i haven't got great navigational skills (mountain skills is on my to do list!). just wondering though how likely the mountain is to be snow covered at that time of the year? i did mweelrea last year around the same time and it was covered in snow near the peak, the following day looking over from the peak of benbaun it was completely snow free!

Comments

Likely.

The question being how much really. In recent years it's been pretty decent coverage, allowing for winter climbing.

Advertisement