Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Catfish and the Bottlemen Whelan's April 8th

Options
  • 02-10-2014 8:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭

These guys are playing Whelan's on April 8th, presale tickets here http://catfishandthebottlemen.com/shows/

Price is 12.65

These guys are from the same North Wales town as me and have just released their debut album, The Balcony, which went Top 10 in UK.

They're currently touring the U.S and have an Australian tour, supporting The Kooks in January.

They had storming sets at Reading/Leeds this year and are going to be Massive. This will be one of those gigs that in 3years time 10,000 people will say they were there.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,547 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Furk I love these guys. Cheers for the heads up and I'll be hon holidays from college too. Sweet!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,863 ✭✭✭Morrison J

Probably the worst band name of all time. Makes me borderline angry.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Have only heard 2 of their tracks and really like them . Will decide later if i go to the gig

• Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Kinda remind me of a less heavier Cage The Elephant(well before the 2nd album)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,669 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Tickets got, can't wait!! Have them on repeat the last 2 weeks. Lead singer really reminds me of Twin Atlantic.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

The played upstairs after NoMeansNo a while back. About 10 ppl there.

When was that? They've exploded since then, currently on a 20 date sold out UK tour and the March/April UK tour is nearly sold out, including 2 nights at shepherds bush empire with some pretty big venues (barrowlands, Manchester academy 1)

Your username - the first time I heard the word "acquiesce" was in CATB's song Kathleen, ha :P

scudzilla wrote: »
    When was that? They've exploded since then, currently on a 20 date sold out UK tour and the March/April UK tour is nearly sold out, including 2 nights at shepherds bush empire with some pretty big venues (barrowlands, Manchester academy 1)

18 months ago i guess. Guy i know was involved with them so thought id stay on for them.
    Took a coupla vids and put on youtube but they got me 2 strikes and taken down.

• Advertisement

18 months ago i guess. Guy i know was involved with them so thought id stay on for them.
    Took a coupla vids and put on youtube but they got me 2 strikes and taken down.

My brother in law owns a couple of pubs in Llandudno, Catfish plied their trade in The Cross Keys and he has quite a few vids, he stuck 1 up and got a strike, never bothered wit the rest.
    They must have played 20 odd gigs there, ya just knew they were gonna be massive

Just been upgraded to the Academy

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭ts_editor

Just been upgraded to the Academy
    Belfast show also been upgraded, to Limelight 1.

Things really blowing up for these lads, were on Letterman the other night

scudzilla wrote: »
    My brother in law owns a couple of pubs in Llandudno, Catfish plied their trade in The Cross Keys and he has quite a few vids, he stuck 1 up and got a strike, never bothered wit the rest.
    They must have played 20 odd gigs there, ya just knew they were gonna be massive

Yeah i think it was their manager that reported mine. To be fair they looked like they had potential.

This is where they took their name from btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭TheGoldenAges

Only started listening to them last week, cheers for the heads up. Probably will head along to the gig

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭sally cinnamon89

This should be a good gig

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Got tickets yesterday, having only heard the singles.

Like what I have heard so far.

They are very em uncomplicated, in a good way

Just sold out 2 nights at Brixton Academy, guessing they'll be getting VERY good slots at Reading/Leeds this year

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

got mine this morning, TM was showing up "none available" last night but thankfully it was just the usual ticketmaster nighttime weirdness.

can't imagine there'll be tickets left on the door for this.

• Advertisement

Can see them showing up at Longitude or EP over here during the summer

Academy now almost sold out, also been given a very high main stage slot at Reading/Leeds

• Registered Users Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Santi101

Tickets still available for this?

Doesnt say sold out but ticketmaster playing up, not showing up any tickets.

Santi101 wrote: »
    Tickets still available for this?

Doesnt say sold out but ticketmaster playing up, not showing up any tickets.

Think it's sold out, still not got mine, ordered pre sale on see tickets and paid the original whelans price of 12.50.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Alt J

Cant believe tickets sold out. I'm just back from Australia, seen them live at the HiFi in Melbourne, it was the best gig I've ever been too and I've seen alot of bands live. For anyone wondering, amazing live. Been following these guys for two years before they were even signed, so happy for them.

Alt J wrote: »
    Cant believe tickets sold out. I'm just back from Australia, seen them live at the HiFi in Melbourne, it was the best gig I've ever been too and I've seen alot of bands live. For anyone wondering, amazing live. Been following these guys for two years before they were even signed, so happy for them.

They're playing Longitude if you really wanna catch them :)

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Alt J

Thanks Sher, the lineup looks decent :)

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭ts_editor

Only one album, so they were only on an hour (without dragging it the way Royal Blood did), but an absolute storming set in Belfast tonight.

Support The Academics were decent - brilliant if you like Kodaline/The 1979 teenage girl guitar pop.

ts_editor wrote: »
    Only one album, so they were only on an hour (without dragging it the way Royal Blood did), but an absolute storming set in Belfast tonight.

Support The Academics were decent - brilliant if you like Kodaline/The 1979 teenage girl guitar pop.

Nice one, thanks for the update. What time did they start at?

• Advertisement

The Academic - 8:30pm
    Catfish and the Bottlemen - 9.30pm

https://www.facebook.com/TheAcademyDublin/posts/10153397396095934

Advertisement