Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parking at SuperValu Charlesland

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭Jimjay

recedite wrote: »
    A lot of the parking problems are caused by the people who drive massive SUV vehicles being unable to park them. Thus they feel it is OK to leave them in traffic lanes, on footpaths, in garage forecourts etc.. anything to avoid trying to park in a marked parking space.
    If you can't manage what is effectively a small truck, then get a hatchback instead. There is no problem fitting 3 or 4 kids in one.

I bet there are many more normal hatchbacks parked like you describe than suv's, you probably just look out for badly parked suv's.

I have just been to supervalu and there were four suv's parked perfectly in the spaces between the lines and a small nissan car couldnt even get in the new larger parent and child spots without stradling the door opening spaces diagonally.

Also my large suv is much easier to park than any hatchback i have driven :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭ellejay

Jimjay wrote: »
    I bet there are many more normal hatchbacks parked like you describe than suv's, you probably just look out for badly parked suv's.

I have just been to supervalu and there were four suv's parked perfectly in the spaces between the lines and a small nissan car couldnt even get in the new larger parent and child spots without stradling the door opening spaces diagonally.

Also my large suv is much easier to park than any hatchback i have driven :-)

I definitely think that's the exception!!!
    I'm in Supervalu most days, and the culprits seem to be the SUV's and big 4 wheel jeep's.
    Even driving into the spaces, they can't park straight.
    I'm not even talking about reversing in.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭beepbeeprichie

hmmmm, i dont think bad parking, inconsiderate people and boring bickering are exclusive to greystones. if stupid people bother you so much...dont live in a large town where you will be surrounded by people! these are problems that cant be cured, especially when you have people combating bad parking with worse parking. plonkers

Advertisement