Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where can i get food from UAE in Drogheda?

Options
  • 03-10-2014 12:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭

I have a student staying with me for a few weeks. He is from Abu Dhabi and it is Eid tomorrow. I know he is a bit homesick as Eid is a family celebration back in UAE. I was just wondering if i could find somewhere - Drogheda, Balbriggan, or even Swords maybe - that sells food from his home country.

I'm not talking about Halal meat, its other foods really that i am looking for. Can anyone suggest somewhere? I've googled but can not find anything.... Most searches just bring up places to pray.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,363 ✭✭✭washiskin

Not really sure you'll find anywhere outside of Dublin, but looking at recipes on-line a lot of the dishes could be made using ingredients available in supermarkets.

There's a shop called Novel Stores (I think) that stocks middle eastern foodstuffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭muckisluck

kjbsrah1 wrote: »
    I have a student staying with me for a few weeks. He is from Abu Dhabi and it is Eid tomorrow. I know he is a bit homesick as Eid is a family celebration back in UAE. I was just wondering if i could find somewhere - Drogheda, Balbriggan, or even Swords maybe - that sells food from his home country.

I'm not talking about Halal meat, its other foods really that i am looking for. Can anyone suggest somewhere? I've googled but can not find anything.... Most searches just bring up places to pray.
    Is the Lebanese restaurant on the quays in Drogheda still open. They may cook up something for you if you asked.

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Lucy and Harry

What about a Kebab from a Turkish restaurant all my bros from the middle east like them and spicy Tesco cous cous. You could make a goat stew and get the recipe off the net.Tesco makes some nice chilli humus too.

Advertisement