Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI week 30 & FAI cup semi-final matches.

• 03-10-2014 2:56am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭

A huge Friday in both leagues and also FAI cup double live action on Sunday to.:cool:

LOI Premier division FRIDAY

Cork City v Drogheda United 8pm (Live on Setanta Ireland)

LimerickFC v Athlone Town

SATURDAY

Sligo Rovers v UCD

First Division FRIDAY

Longford Town v Shamrock Rovers b- 8pm

Shelbourne v Galway 8pm

Waterford Utd v Cobh Ramblers

Sunday FAI Cup semi-finals

Saint Pats Ath. v Finn Harps 1.45pm RTE2

Shamrock Rovers v Derry City 3.55 RTE2

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,058 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

NO idea what to think of our cup semi away to Rovers at Tallaght.

Would be delighted with a draw and a replay at home. This is the biggest match of our season and if we lose then its over, with nothing to play for in the league.

We have not been performing well in recent games, but I hope its because we are saving ourselves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭CHealy

Huge game at the Cross again tonight. Its all about scoring as many goals as we can in the 20 minute period after half time when we actually play a bit of ball.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Just had a root under the stairs and found this, where will I drop it off Cork or Dundalk?

1410752_621130971259693_2013215078_o.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭ArnoldJRimmer

Come on the Harps! Biggest game for the club in years. Its a huge ask, but stranger things have happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,273 ✭✭✭flas

As I sit here in my house in dublin after ringing in sick to work tonight and waiting to go in connolly for the 3 train back down home to longford the butterflies are starting up!I have been following the town for my whole life,getting dragged to matches in abbeycartron, summer friendlies in the rugby club and then out the strokesrown road/mullolagher/flancare/css what ever you want to call it and I can never remember being as excited for a match!I have been lucky enough to wear the red and black at all underage levels,right up to under 21 and win a few leagues and cups in that time but to have never seen the senior team win a national league and to have it at our finger tips now, on our 90th anniversary year, is special! From counting the attendance for shannon side years ago by basically walking around the ground before the redevelopment and coming back with the grand total of 60 to where we are now as a club has been a fairytale!

And if we do go on and do ourselves justice tonight and win the league I will do what I did 7 long years ago and shed a tear with my dad, as we did the dark night we were relegated against derry. When people say more than a game this is what they mean!

C'MON THE TOWN!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

flas wrote: »
    As I sit here in my house in dublin after ringing in sick to work tonight and waiting to go in connolly for the 3 train back down home to longford the butterflies are starting up!I have been following the town for my whole life,getting dragged to matches in abbeycartron, summer friendlies in the rugby club and then out the strokesrown road/mullolagher/flancare/css what ever you want to call it and I can never remember being as excited for a match!I have been lucky enough to wear the red and black at all underage levels,right up to under 21 and win a few leagues and cups in that time but to have never seen the senior team win a national league and to have it at our finger tips now, on our 90th anniversary year, is special! From counting the attendance for shannon side years ago by basically walking around the ground before the redevelopment and coming back with the grand total of 60 to where we are now as a club has been a fairytale!

And if we do go on and do ourselves justice tonight and win the league I will do what I did 7 long years ago and shed a tear with my dad, as we did the dark night we were relegated against derry. When people say more than a game this is what they mean!

C'MON THE TOWN!!!

Have a knot in my gut today. I don't think the nerves will leave until the full time whistle goes and hopefully have finished the job at hand!

is it a win or a point you need?

A win to be sure.
    four clear with two to go (including tonight)

If Shels fail to win however that would also be nice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 505 ✭✭✭UnleashTheBeast

dreamers75 wrote: »
    is it a win or a point you need?
    A draw could be enough, depending on how Shelbourne do against us tonight (Galway).

I'm sure Longford will do the business against Rovers, they (Rovers) were awful against us at Tallaght and that was with 3 or 4 first teamers. When Rovers first team are playing - they never send reserve first teamers down to the First Division squad.

Longford will win against them.

flas wrote: »

C'MON THE TOWN!!!

Its what football is all about, wheter you win a competition with Manchester United, Real Madrid or Longford Town, its the exact same feeling for football fans all over the world.

Enjoy. Looking forward to another non-Dublin club being in the Premier next year.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

I'm sure Longford will do the business against Rovers, they (Rovers) were awful against us at Tallaght and that was with 3 or 4 first teamers. When Rovers first team are playing - they never send reserve first teamers down to the First Division squad.

Longford will win against them.

Rovers also beat Longford in Tallaght this season with few if any first team players. They have also lost 5-0 in Longford in what started the 16 hours of no goals.

The last Galway game was the near the end of that no goal run. Rovers have been a much more difficult side to beat either side of it, including two draws against Galway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,859 ✭✭✭ionadnapokot

hoping for a Patricks - Rovers final. +25k in Lansdowne:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Some rain falling in Cork. Gonna be a messy game tonight as a result. Will hit the attendence as well given its on TV.

gimmick wrote: »
    Some rain falling in Cork. Gonna be a messy game tonight as a result. Will hit the attendence as well given its on TV.

It really really bad, would rather it to be called off at this stage. Be lucky to get 2500.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

A postponement would be a disaster. It wont be though. To be fair to the ground it takes the weather well.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

Come on Drogheda

Longford 3-0 up after 30.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,496 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Cork winning.

Longford hammering Shams B

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Never rely on a Drog to do you a favour. Fcukers will always let you down. Not to worry. We'll take care of business ourselves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Shels 1 up :eek:

It's happening!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,566 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Shels 1 up :eek:

It's happening!!

Very tight here, don't get too excited!!!

Gannon sent off for Shels, handling the ball on the line, but the resulting penalty was saved!!

Come on Shels!! Hang in there!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

What a time for Manning to miss a penalty

I really wanted to go in to this match but we started up an U12 girls team last week and couldn't be seen abandoning them on their second week.

Sounds like Shels have kicked on since going down to ten. It's really happening :eek:

Shels down to 9?

Jaysis fridays are boring as **** with pats, wife watches a tv show about people watching the tele? Wtf is that all about?

Shels down to 9?

Jaysis fridays are boring as **** with pats, wife watches a tv show about people watching the tele? Wtf is that all about?

Fairly sure that second red is a mistake, nothing on twitter about it

No 2nd red, galway should have had one

Sorry Wexford

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,496 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Congrats Longford!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,058 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

... so are the FAI.

I would really love for Finn Harps or Derry to spoil the show, and I would really love an all NW final.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Will take that son.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭overshoot

NIMAN wrote: »
    ... so are the FAI.

I would really love for Finn Harps or Derry to spoil the show, and I would really love an all NW final.

Il take that!

Congrats Longford, been a long time coming!

Congrats to Longford, Shels and Galway. Proud of all our lads, just didn't quite make the cut this year. Next year :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Looks awful from one angle but not so bad from the second angle where he clearly gets the ball. Two feet off the ground is stupid though. Brennan's disciplinary record is shocking.

Just seen this on twitter. Don't know how to embed tweets. Longford's Glen O'Connor had to choose between his job and Longford Town FC and went for the latter.

Glen O' Connor @GlenOConnor5 · Jan 24
    I was given a dilemma today either quit football or have no job... Good luck to you and your job I'm goin to win a league :).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

Not sure we'd bring 22k but you never know.

anncoates wrote: »
    Not sure we'd bring 22k but you never know.

Course you would all those taxi drivers would be at least 40k

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,373 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Well done Longford. Can't wait to go back to the Flansiro again!
    Pighead wrote: »
    Looks awful from one angle but not so bad from the second angle where he clearly gets the ball. Two feet off the ground is stupid though. Brennan's disciplinary record is shocking.

Just seen this on twitter. Don't know how to embed tweets. Longford's Glen O'Connor had to choose between his job and Longford Town FC and went for the latter.

Glen O' Connor @GlenOConnor5 · Jan 24
    I was given a dilemma today either quit football or have no job... Good luck to you and your job I'm goin to win a league :).

All you have to do is paste the address of the tweet page to embed it :) https:// twitter.com/ GlenOConnor5/ status/ 426701750763286528

https://twitter.com/GlenOConnor5/status/426701750763286528

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭10green bottles

Congrats to Longford Town,looking forward already to re visiting Strokestown road next season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

#USA #USA :D

Good man Jake Keegan!

Pints on Ronan next year :)

So so happy.

Pints on Ronan next year :)

I would say see ya in mcdowells but I see the thing is closed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

Congratulations Longford

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭Paz-CCFC

Pighead wrote: »
    Looks awful from one angle but not so bad from the second angle where he clearly gets the ball.

And then follows through and nearly breaks Josh O'Shea's leg in the process. Getting a slight touch of the ball does not make a reckless challenge like that fair. A split second later, Josh's foot would have been planted on the ground and it wouldn't have shaken back like it did, it would've snapped.

Another scary end to a match, another three points. Guaranteed European football next season. Onto UCD next Friday.

Congrats to Longford, delighted that they've finally gotten rid of that hex and won promotion.

I would say see ya in mcdowells but I see the thing is closed!

Taveys and a special seat reserved for you :D Best view in the place :)

/wont bring the boy that night :p

10574332_757988894240566_1732109177849864492_n.jpg?oh=1c04b971f7e78e8fa1430cfe669f2de0&oe=54C51C64

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 505 ✭✭✭UnleashTheBeast

Happy enough to draw with Shels tonight only because it's all that we needed. We should have won by a few goals really, a combination of decent defending from Shels, excellent goalkeeping from Murphy and inept finishing cost us the two points.

Can't be too disappointed because we're in the playoff but we should have won that game easily.

Happy enough to draw with Shels tonight only because it's all that we needed. We should have won by a few goals really, a combination of decent defending from Shels, excellent goalkeeping from Murphy and inept finishing cost us the two points.

Can't be too disappointed because we're in the playoff but we should have won that game easily.

yah know Dublin will love you forever if you beat them.

noone likes them.

• Advertisement
Advertisement