Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Duplicate ATM transaction

Options
  • 03-10-2014 3:34am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭

Hi guys

As stated above a duplicate ATM withdrawal of €120 has been taken from my account on Monday under reference RA0753 (presumably Dunnes Ballyogan).

My first attempt errored but my second was successful.

Is this something that will rectify itself? If so, how long does it take?

PS I'm on holidays at the moment in country so cannot phone branch etc

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

Dial 00353 and drop the first 0 of branch number - phone branch - fix problem!

• Registered Users Posts: 78,399 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Each day, a reconciliation is done between what is in the ATM and what should be in the ATM.

It should resolve itself, but make sure to follow up. It may take a few days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Janet

Hi guys

As stated above a duplicate ATM withdrawal of €120 has been taken from my account on Monday under reference RA0753 (presumably Dunnes Ballyogan).

My first attempt errored but my second was successful.

PS I'm on holidays at the moment in country so cannot phone branch etc

Thanks
    Hi mbradso2003

Thanks for your post.

If an ATM transaction duplicates, it should refund to your account within 24 - 48 hrs. If this doesn't happen please call your account holding branch or banking 365 on 0818365365 or 0035314044000 and a customer service rep will happily investigate this and request a refund for you.

Janette

Advertisement