Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ethnic Restaurants (Moore St, Parnell St) recommendations

Options
  • 03-10-2014 8:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭

I haven't yet eaten in restaurants in this locality but have been told there are good ones.

So what do you recommend? Restaurant, dishes, location? :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,013 ✭✭✭Ole Rodrigo

- Next to LIDL, The Moore Street Food Hall is great value - try any of the Mauritian dishes, the generally vary, first stall on the right. All the stalls are great though.

- Mandarin/China House across the road between Tesco and Dominic Street is also good value, tasty and friendly.

- Lee Kee further up towards Gardiner Street (still on Parnell Street ) . Anything Ive had from the menu so far has been excellent. Try the stir fried morning glory as an accompaniment dish.

- Not exactly ethnic but The Reuben sandwich at cafe 147 across the road is awesome.

- Pho at Pho Viet further down towards O'Connell St.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭GinnyR

The Moore Street food hall is excellent.

Cafe 147 has a great selection but the Reuben is always fabulous.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭JuliusCaesar

Is the food hall open in the evenings? I was thinking getting dinner 7.30-8pm or thereabouts

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

Is the food hall open in the evenings? I was thinking getting dinner 7.30-8pm or thereabouts

Usually open til 8. 9 on Thurs and Fri, 7 at the weekend. The Mauritian place is great value - lovely food.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Apparently there is a good Korean BBQ place on Parnell Street.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

Just noticed no-one has mentioned M&L on Cathedral street - Szechuan place with a pretty interesting Chinese menu - but you might need to be firm that you're not just interested in the 'Irish' menu.

http://www.mlchineserestaurant.com/
    http://frenchfoodieindublin.blogspot.ie/2014/06/a-hidden-chinese-gem-m-l-cathedral.html

• Registered Users Posts: 14,305 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

There was a decent chinese hotpot place near the gardiner st side of parnell st...Haven't been there in a few montgs but its pretty tasty.

Arisu, the all you can eat korean bbq spot on capel st....yum!

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Puibo

I second pho viet. Really authentic.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,905 ✭✭✭Aard

Not Moore or Parnell St, but Madina on Mary Street is probably the best Indian in the city that doesn't cost an arm and a leg.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Aard wrote: »
    Not Moore or Parnell St, but Madina on Mary Street is probably the best Indian in the city that doesn't cost an arm and a leg.

I ate there last night and it was very well priced. Good sized portions too.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Criminal that nobody has mentioned Delhi o' Deli, authentic indian food, amazing. It'son Moore Street. Also it's quite cheap.
    http://www.delhiodeli.com/

Aard wrote: »

Madina is great. Their Saag Chana is the business. Friendly staff too.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,685 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

Great thread.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Criminal that nobody has mentioned Delhi o' Deli, authentic indian food, amazing. It'son Moore Street. Also it's quite cheap.
    And I was there last week and it's also excellent. Great value. Some good desserts too and I really like their special fresh lime soda.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

ixoy wrote: »
    And I was there last week and it's also excellent. Great value. Some good desserts too and I really like their special fresh lime soda.

The best thing is you can order any of the 100 things and they all impress you, great spot. Not many places can leave me full on 3.50 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,333 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

Thanks for the recommendation, I'll have to check that out - looks great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

I ate in a chinese on parnell street today.

Its on the O'Connel St side of it...sorry cant remember the name It was just past the place that does plaster moulds heading away from O'connell St.

main course for 4.99 or 2 course for 7.99

Fantastic portions and really good food. It was a case of spot the white man :) ...full of chinese.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭JuliusCaesar

Its on the O'Connel St side of it...sorry cant remember the name It was just past the place that does plaster moulds heading away from O'connell St.

Heading away from O'Connell St towards Capel St or towards Gardiner St? ie east or west of O'Connell St?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Madina for Indian food

Pho Viet or Aobaba for Vietnamese

Hilan or Kimchi for Korean

New Star Sichuan, Mandarin House, Hilan, Jojos, Lao Hot Pot or M&L for Chinese

http://www.stitchandbear.com/2013/04/review-m-szechaun-restaurant-cathedral.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Heading away from O'Connell St towards Capel St or towards Gardiner St? ie east or west of O'Connell St?

Towards gardiner st on the right hand side on the road

• Advertisement

Towards gardiner st on the right hand side on the road

Lee Kee I'd say. Cracking spot.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

My son was in Delhi o'deli yesterday and was raving about it.
    Think it's all vegetarian but with a good vegan selection too.

Yeah there are like 20 vegan dishes. My brothers were dubious reading the menu because there was no meat (and they knew what nothing was)...they took menus with them afterward haha

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Did not know about Delhi O'Deli - will hopefully check them out next weekend.

Advertisement