Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2.30 bus to airport

Options
  • 03-10-2014 8:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭

Has anyone taken the citylink bus from Athlone at 2.30am to the airport? How long did it take in reality?
    I am considering it but concerned it may be too tight as my flight is at 5.45am.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

No but at that time, there shouldn't be any reason for it to be late.
    That said, if you need to check a bag etc then it might not be early enough regardless. Desks usually close an hour before take off.

If you are pre-checked in with no baggage then it might work but it might be safer to come down the night before and stay in a hotel by the airport. One that has a free shuttle service.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭veryangryman

Rasmus wrote: »
    Has anyone taken the citylink bus from Athlone at 2.30am to the airport? How long did it take in reality?
    I am considering it but concerned it may be too tight as my flight is at 5.45am.

Probably arrive for 5, you would be cutting it quite thin (but still very feasible if you haven't bags - i guess your flying Ryanair?). Plus the last 2 times ive taken this for early flights, the nutjob driver went through Clontarf sted of port tunnel. Added an extra 10 min to the journey (and no he wasnt stopping anywhere on this odd route)

Wouldn't waste my money on a hotel as the other poster recommends. If your himming/hawing, maybe get a late bus up night before and hang around airport overnight.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Rasmus

Probably arrive for 5, you would be cutting it quite thin (but still very feasible if you haven't bags - i guess your flying Ryanair?). Plus the last 2 times ive taken this for early flights, the nutjob driver went through Clontarf sted of port tunnel. Added an extra 10 min to the journey (and no he wasnt stopping anywhere on this odd route)

Wouldn't waste my money on a hotel as the other poster recommends. If your himming/hawing, maybe get a late bus up night before and hang around airport overnight.

Yeah they were the things I was worried about! Those 10 mins would make a difference. I decided to just drive and park, even though it is expensive, it will be easier.

Advertisement