Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

6 year old bill

Options
  • 03-10-2014 9:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭

Got a letter from a solicitor that did work for a company i used to work for stating that they had gone over the files and there was an invoice from 2008 owing for 350 quid that they had just discovered.

Now I seriously cannot remember if this was paid or not. My plan is to send it back to them and refer to the company I worked for as opposed to contacting me about it.

But what would happen in a situation like this where there is a 6 year old invoice and what happens if the company I work for decides not to pay it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,926 ✭✭✭davo10

Why did they send it to you if the solicitor did work for the company you worked for? Were you part owner if the company?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Given that this is in relation to a business, and not an individual, I am moving this thread to the Entreprenurial & Business Management forum

dudara

racso1975 wrote: »
    Got a letter from a solicitor that did work for a company i used to work for stating that they had gone over the files and there was an invoice from 2008 owing for 350 quid that they had just discovered.

Now I seriously cannot remember if this was paid or not. My plan is to send it back to them and refer to the company I worked for as opposed to contacting me about it.

But what would happen in a situation like this where there is a 6 year old invoice and what happens if the company I work for decides not to pay it?

Some nerve he has sending you an invoice for 350 euro from 6 years ago. I would call him up and tell him to piss off, and not to be billing you because of his own incompetence! The guy is obviously very careless, he's billing you personally for a companies bill you dont even work for anymore. Chances of them doing the small claims court or whatever is v unlikely for something as ridiculous as this.

Advertisement