Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rent allowance

Options
  • 03-10-2014 9:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭

I have my name down on housing list. I take my son Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, along with the odd day during the week. I am looking for rent allowance. Would I qualify for one parent family with child for 850 per month?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Highly doubt it ,

Unfortunately your not a single parent family

• Registered Users Posts: 7,223 ✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

This might help
    http://whatsnew.citizensinformation.ie/2012/04/28/know-your-rights-custody-of-children-and-rent-supplement-coimed-leana-agus-forlonadh-cosa/
    The Department of Social Protection deals with the accommodation needs of children who do not live full-time with their parents on a case-by-case basis. You should check what the provisions are with your local Department’s representative (formerly known as the Community Welfare Officer or CWO).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭Nomis21

Who has the resident order (Custody) for your child? Whomever it is can claim the single parent allowance. The other partner cannot claim this benefit.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭W74255

Nomis21 wrote: »
    Who has the resident order (Custody) for your child? Whomever it is can claim the single parent allowance. The other partner cannot claim this benefit.

We don't have a custody agreement. We parted on good terms and more or less have equal days where we have him.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭lovelyjubbly

If you were not married and do not have guardianship and custody legally agreed then, legally, you are essentially a stranger to your child.

You can both sign guardianship with a justice of the peace iirc so no need for court for that, I'm not sure about custody I'd imagine it needs to be agreed through solicitors though for legal standing.

If you were married you have automatic rights to your child.

• Advertisement
Advertisement