Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

is eircom <snip>

Options
  • 03-10-2014 9:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭

I got eircom tv/phone/bb installed. Cancelled after a few days. (within cooling off period)
    This has dragged on for 4 months.
    Spoke to them at least 100 times yet anything agreed over the phone is never implemented. Although this has been cancelled and eircom keep apologising and assure me its sorted. These are just lies I'm being told. To this day they are still trying to debit money from my bank account and I'm receiving a bill as normal every month. Its as if these 100+ calls never happened. Anybody experience anything like this.?
    What do I do to stop this scan.
    There are the most dreadful company I've ever dealt with.
    They are the worst and most utterly impossible people to deal with.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭eircom: Colm

macmurph wrote: »
    I got eircom tv/phone/bb installed. Cancelled after a few days. (within cooling off period)
    Spoke to them at least 100 times yet anything agreed over the phone is never implemented. Although this has been cancelled and eircom keep apologising and assure me its sorted. These are just lies I'm being told. To this day they are still trying to debit money from my bank account and I'm receiving a bill as normal every month. Its as if these 100+ calls never happened. Anybody experience anything like this.?
    Hi macmurph

I am sorry to hear this. I would like to look into this for you to see if I can bring this to a resolution. Please send me a PM with the Account no and I will follow this up for you.

thanks
    Colm

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭porridge365

Hi macmurph

I am sorry to hear this. I would like to look into this for you to see if I can bring this to a resolution. Please send me a PM with the Account no and I will follow this up for you.

thanks
    Colm
    Hi Macmurph,
    I have had almost the exact experience as you have described above. I have given up phoning them at this stage as I got no where. I managed to locate an email address for the complaints department (from boards.) which is ccm @eircom. ie which is a secret address that Eircom dont advertise as they are too busy hiding from customers. Don't get your hopes up as  EIRCOM are THE MOST INCOMPETENT EXCUSE FOR A SERVICE PROVIDER THAT I HAVE EVER COME ACROSS. In my experience,any replys you get from this department will be late and slow to arrive and they will always avoid answering any questions you may ask. They will tell you lies and the language they use will be vague and they will always blame you for anything that happened. Each reply you get will be from a different person than the previous email. The words that they use will be a mix of words that form sentences that sound good but that don't mean anything.
    In my experience Eircom do not want to solve any customer issues, it  appears that their motivation is to deflect and frustrate so that you will eventually give up.
    I am in the process of making a complaint to COMREG in order to have the situation resolved.I noticed on the COMREG website that they will only deal with issues that happened in the previous 9 months ( if I'm reading it correctly).Am I right in thinking that Eircom purposely drag the situation out  to 9 months so that the complaint "times out"?
    Please post any updates.
    Good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭macmurph

Hi macmurph

thanks
    Colm
    Hi Macmurph,
    I have had almost the exact experience as you have described above. I have given up phoning them at this stage as I got no where. I managed to locate an email address for the complaints department (from boards.) which is ccm @eircom. ie which is a secret address that Eircom dont advertise as they are too busy hiding from customers. Don't get your hopes up as  EIRCOM are THE MOST INCOMPETENT EXCUSE FOR A SERVICE PROVIDER THAT I HAVE EVER COME ACROSS. In my experience,any replys you get from this department will be late and slow to arrive and they will always avoid answering any questions you may ask. They will tell you lies and the language they use will be vague and they will always blame you for anything that happened. Each reply you get will be from a different person than the previous email. The words that they use will be a mix of words that form sentences that sound good but that don't mean anything.
    In my experience Eircom do not want to solve any customer issues, it  appears that their motivation is to deflect and frustrate so that you will eventually give up.
    I am in the process of making a complaint to COMREG in order to have the situation resolved.I noticed on the COMREG website that they will only deal with issues that happened in the previous 9 months ( if I'm reading it correctly).Am I right in thinking that Eircom purposely drag the situation out  to 9 months so that the complaint "times out"?
    Please post any updates.
    Good luck
    Thanks Porridge365
    I intend going down the COMREG route but at this moment in time and as you've predicted above, I'm running out of energy on this matter.
    Just what Eircom want!
    Totally agree with everything you've said. I actually held back on all the details of the ineptitude of eircom staff. I could write a book on some the crap that's gone on in the past months but I'm just pissed off dealing with this issue and furthermore I dont think anyone would believe me. From the Rep. who knocked on my door to every everyone I've dealt with, I'm just getting either badly trained, inept people who promise the world and dont deliver on anything - Or maybe I'm being naive and this is all part of the scam and I have simply been lied to. 
    If I was a gambling man I'd say Eircom will get back to me at some stage telling it's all sorted and in a few weeks I'll get another bill. This, I have been told over and over again - by billing dept and cancellations dept - but I'm still getting bills.
    Thanks for the "9 month" info. I'll get on to COMREG today (while I still have some energy) but I dont have a whole load of confidence in that route either. Not considering that Eircom are still in business and still allowed to treat customers in this way, even though going by what people are posting about them and for so long, this deplorable behavior is nothing new for Eircom yet they're still allowed to conduct business. 
    Best of all and not surprising - Not matter how many times I ask "who is in charge of customer complaints dept?" I keep getting told no single person is in charge. At first I didn't believe that but with the level of incompetence I've experienced I'm starting to believe them.
    As I've said to them in the past They'd be better off concentrating on sorting out customers problems rather than trawling the internet for unhappy customers posts and trying to pacify them and get them to keep all future posts in the form of Private Messages. 
    If I set up a business and treated people like Eircom do I'd end up on some TV program about dodgy business men.  
    I'll keep you posted but I think we both know this will be sorted when and if it suits Eircom.
    God Bless UPC,
    Macmurph

Update
    Still no response from Eircom.

Hello Gentlemen, any news for me?

• Advertisement

Hi macmurph

thanks
    Colm
    Hi Macmurph,
    Please post any updates.
    Good luck
    Thanks Porridge365
    I intend going down the COMREG route but at this moment in time and as you've predicted above, I'm running out of energy on this matter.
    Just what Eircom want!
    Totally agree with everything you've said. I actually held back on all the details of the ineptitude of eircom staff. I could write a book on some the crap that's gone on in the past months but I'm just pissed off dealing with this issue and furthermore I dont think anyone would believe me. From the Rep. who knocked on my door to every everyone I've dealt with, I'm just getting either badly trained, inept people who promise the world and dont deliver on anything - Or maybe I'm being naive and this is all part of the scam and I have simply been lied to. 
    If I was a gambling man I'd say Eircom will get back to me at some stage telling it's all sorted and in a few weeks I'll get another bill. This, I have been told over and over again - by billing dept and cancellations dept - but I'm still getting bills.
    Thanks for the "9 month" info. I'll get on to COMREG today (while I still have some energy) but I dont have a whole load of confidence in that route either. Not considering that Eircom are still in business and still allowed to treat customers in this way, even though going by what people are posting about them and for so long, this deplorable behavior is nothing new for Eircom yet they're still allowed to conduct business. 
    Best of all and not surprising - Not matter how many times I ask "who is in charge of customer complaints dept?" I keep getting told no single person is in charge. At first I didn't believe that but with the level of incompetence I've experienced I'm starting to believe them.
    As I've said to them in the past They'd be better off concentrating on sorting out customers problems rather than trawling the internet for unhappy customers posts and trying to pacify them and get them to keep all future posts in the form of Private Messages. 
    If I set up a business and treated people like Eircom do I'd end up on some TV program about dodgy business men.  
    I'll keep you posted but I think we both know this will be sorted when and if it suits Eircom.
    God Bless UPC,
    Macmurph
    Hi Macmurph,
    when you say"They'd be better off concentrating on sorting out customers problems rather than trawling the internet for unhappy customers posts and trying to pacify them and get them to keep all future posts in the form of Private Messages"
    I was wondering why they are spending so much on advertising for new customers at the moment when they can't even handle the ones they have already? If they spent this money on improving their service to disgruntled customers everyone would be better off.
    Regards

Hi Macmurph,
    when you say"They'd be better off concentrating on sorting out customers problems rather than trawling the internet for unhappy customers posts and trying to pacify them and get them to keep all future posts in the form of Private Messages"
    I was wondering why they are spending so much on advertising for new customers at the moment when they can't even handle the ones they have already? If they spent this money on improving their service to disgruntled customers everyone would be better off.
    Regards

True

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭Paulownia

I have always been very happy with Eircom with regard to telephone but have had enormous problems with internet and that part of their service seems pretty crap.
    Basically all service providers are the same, not spending resources on customer services and preferring to spend on selling services. When they call you they tell you how much they love you but when you sign up they seem to grow deaf and you can't make them listen

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭chatterbox

I've just got my phone and broadband service installed, very worried about the service so far as it's taken about 10 weeks to get it installed etc. I have already taken 3 days off work to get the installation complete... 4 different appointments that were either no shows or very very late cancellations
    They don't seem to have any any crm system etc, every time of the 15 approx calls into them I have had to explain everything from the start. It's like I've never existed before the current phone call.... Hopefully once up and running fully I won't need to call their customer service.... Simply not a patch on upc sky etc regarding customer service.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Update
    Still no response from Eircom.

[font=Times New Roman","serif]Hi macmurph

[/font]

[font=Times New Roman","serif]I'm sorry for the delays,[/font]
    [font=Times New Roman","serif] [/font]
    [font=Times New Roman","serif]Colm is not available today however I have checked his private messages and I can see from notes on your account that that it has been previously agreed to cease in full without charge. I apologise that the account has not been fully closed yet but I will escalate this to cancellations and request clarification and also request urgency in closing this account down.[/font]
    [font=Times New Roman","serif] [/font]
    [font=Times New Roman","serif]Thanks[/font]
    [font=Times New Roman","serif]Al[/font]

• Advertisement

Thanks Al
    Yes - it was previously agreed that everything is cancelled, probably over 6 weeks ago.
    This was agreed and confirmed by both the cancellations dept and the billing dept and has been re-confirmed everytime I've spoken to anyone since. But the bills just keep coming.... So sorry, but your reply does not inspire confidence.

I asked on another thread and got no reply - Who is the head of Customer Service. (if not one person - Who are the Head's of Customer Service)
    And contact details please.

Nothing personal Al, but I would sooner burn my computer and tv before I let anything to do with Eircom in to my house again.

The company you work for systematically treats their customers like the s**t on their shoes and how they're allowed get away with it is just all a bit Irish.

Regards
    MacMurph 

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭2time

We are so annoyed with them also at present, messing us about, its just not good enough

Hi mcmurph

Apologies that this has not been done as of yet. I have once again asked Cancellations to look into the reasons why this was not cancelled. Please ensure that your Direct Debit instruction does not remain in force. I have also asked Cancellations to ensure all balances o/s are written off at the time of ceasing.

thanks
    Colm

Hi mcmurph

Apologies that this has not been done as of yet. I have once again asked Cancellations to look into the reasons why this was not cancelled. Please ensure that your Direct Debit instruction does not remain in force. I have also asked Cancellations to ensure all balances o/s are written off at the time of ceasing.

thanks
    Colm

Thanks colm,
    Fyi I got a new bill yesterday. They now want an immediate payment of €149.40 or I presume they will discontent my services, services that I have never received. As I've said before, it was confirmed to me over and over again by both billing dept and cancelation dept that this was cleared and I would receive no further bills.
    I've also stated somewhere previously that if I was to pick a brand that I'd want on my tv box it would always be eircom, a brand I'm familiar with for over 40 years (in its various forms) but sadly I will never be able to allow this into my house.
    I'm being very serious and not just being bitchy when I say this, but it is absolutely disgraceful that eircom are so inept and shambolic at dealing with straight forward matters like mine. Even sadder is the fact that this is fixable. I don't know what it is that protects these people in charge but in the real world their heads would have rolled a long time ago.
    In my business I can make a **** up once, and so long as its a rare occasion I'll survive. That's what it's like in the real world. Eircom, as it is, is a fundamentally flawed company.
    Tired of all this **** now
    Tired
    Tired
    Tired

2time wrote: »
    We are so annoyed with them also at present, messing us about, its just not good enough

Hi 2time
    Sorry, only seen your post now before I wrote my reply to colm.
    I was wondering why I got a message out of the blue from eircom - maybe something to do with you making a recent post.
    I will never pay eircom the money they think I owe them for services that I never received. It would be a dream come true if they would just grow a pair and bring me too court. But typically they'd be to scattered and inept to make it to the courthouse.
    Thanks
    Murph

2time wrote: »

Hi 2time
    Sorry, only seen your post now before I wrote my reply to colm.
    I was wondering why I got a message out of the blue from eircom - maybe something to do with you making a recent post.
    I will never pay eircom the money they think I owe them for services that I never received. It would be a dream come true if they would just grow a pair and bring me too court. But typically they'd be to scattered and inept to make it to the courthouse.
    Thanks
    Murph
    Hi Murph

I appreciate the annoyance you have expressed here as I understand it does seem like processing this should be a straightforward thing. I can assure you that no payment (although sought at the moment only as a function of the billing cycyle still running) is required.

I do hope this issue with closing your account can be dealt with as soon as possible.

thanks
    Colm

Hi mcmurph

thanks
    Colm
    Hi Colm
    I try not to think about this crap anymore because I get so bloody annoyed - Am I correct in thinking you/Eircom are telling me to ensure that I cancel all direct debits to stop Eircom from trying to take my money. Here's an idea - STOP TRYING TO TAKE MY FECKING MONEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Problem solved???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Hi mcmurph

thanks
    Colm
    Hi Colm
    I try not to think about this crap anymore because I get so bloody annoyed - Am I correct in thinking you/Eircom are telling me to ensure that I cancel all direct debits to stop Eircom from trying to take my money. Here's an idea - STOP TRYING TO TAKE MY FECKING MONEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Problem solved???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
    Hi macmurph

I understand your frustration and I am awaiting clarification from our billing department as soon as I have more information I'll let you know.

Thanks

Al

That's just not good enough Al.
    Understanding my frustration or apologizing for what are BASICS, basics that you cant get right. 

-And all this;
    "I'll get on to this person-dept and that person-dept and on and on and on" and all the "clarification's......................"

I no longer want to hear about your understanding and all your apologies, just press the button and CANCEL it. 

YES or NO - do you think it's outrageous how long this has gone on? 

• Advertisement

That's just not good enough Al.
    Understanding my frustration or apologizing for what are BASICS, basics that you cant get right. 

-And all this;
    "I'll get on to this person-dept and that person-dept and on and on and on" and all the "clarification's......................"

I no longer want to hear about your understanding and all your apologies, just press the button and CANCEL it. 

YES or NO - do you think it's outrageous how long this has gone on? 
    Hi macmurph

I'm going to be pro active in helping to resole the issues you have raised however I must await clarfication from the correct departments - should you wish to contact accounts directly yourself feel free to do so by calling accounts on free phone 1901. Also, yes I agree with you this has gone on much too long and I can only apologise until we can resolve this for you, unfortunately it's not a case of pressing a button to cancel but I will keep you updated.

Al

Your telephone customer service is another day's work altogether. You dont want me to start posting about them. 
    Unless you are willing to reimburse me for the cost of the 100+ times I've called them?

Your telephone customer service is another day's work altogether. You dont want me to start posting about them. 
    Unless you are willing to reimburse me for the cost of the 100+ times I've called them?
    Hi macmurph

There is nothing else I can advise until I have more news - also, the customer service line is a free phone number, I understand you are very frustrated but I'm doing my best to help. please bear with me I'll get back to you as soon as I have more information.

Al

MacMurph
    I was wondering who the person in charge of the shambles that is Eircom. After a bit of online reseach I came across some information below. This unnamed person appears to have given their "touch" to every important area in the Eircom group. I wonder if the regular rapid promotions are a sign of their "exceptional organisational skills" or not??????????!!!!
    Does our country deserve  such a dysfunctional company who have such a huge responsibility in providing a modern communication infra structure?
    Does anybody have any ideas on how to sort out this massive problem or who is responsible?

Eircom
    Director of Product Operations
    Privately Held; 5001-10,000 employees; Telecommunications industry
    July 2014 – Present (4 months)
    Eircom
    Program Director - eFibre Transformation
    February 2014 – July 2014 (6 months) Dublin
    Eircom
    Director Of Customer Service - meteor \ eircom
    May 2013 – February 2014 (10 months)
    Eircom
    Head of Operations, Sales & Service
    October 2012 – May 2013 (8 months) Dublin
    Eircom
    Head of Command Centre - Customer Management & Operations
    August 2010 – October 2012 (2 years 3 months)
    Customer Care Manager
    Meteor
    Privately Held; 501-1000 employees; Telecommunications industry
    January 2010 – August 2010 (8 months)
    Interim Head of Customer Care
    Meteor
    August 2009 – January 2010 (6 months)
    Customer Care Manager
    Meteor
    September 2008 – August 2009 (1 year)
    Outsource Manager
    Meteor
    July 2006 – September 2008 (2 years 3 months)

MacMurph
    I was wondering who the person in charge of the shambles that is Eircom. After a bit of online reseach I came across some information below. This unnamed person appears to have given their "touch" to every important area in the Eircom group. I wonder if the regular rapid promotions are a sign of their "exceptional organisational skills" or not??????????!!!!
    Does our country deserve  such a dysfunctional company who have such a huge responsibility in providing a modern communication infra structure?
    Does anybody have any ideas on how to sort out this massive problem or who is responsible?

Eircom
    Director of Product Operations
    July 2014 – Present (4 months)
    Eircom
    Program Director - eFibre Transformation
    February 2014 – July 2014 (6 months) Dublin
    Eircom
    Director Of Customer Service - meteor \ eircom
    May 2013 – February 2014 (10 months)
    Eircom
    Head of Operations, Sales & Service
    October 2012 – May 2013 (8 months) Dublin
    Eircom
    Head of Command Centre - Customer Management & Operations
    August 2010 – October 2012 (2 years 3 months)
    Customer Care Manager
    Meteor
    January 2010 – August 2010 (8 months)
    Interim Head of Customer Care
    Meteor
    August 2009 – January 2010 (6 months)
    Customer Care Manager
    Meteor
    September 2008 – August 2009 (1 year)
    Outsource Manager
    Meteor
    July 2006 – September 2008 (2 years 3 months)
    Thanks Porridge365, I as bewildered as everyone else....

Thanks Eircom team - Great job.
    Thanks for not sorting this out.
    Thanks for still not getting back to me.
    Outstanding service, as always.

Just got my new bill this morning for €231.40.

For a service I cancelled within the cooling off period. (I was told months ago my balance was zero)

Alan, Colm, Tony - You're just little toppers, much appreciated for all your apologies and the "sorry to hear your upset" 's. 

It's heart warming to know you're so sympathetic and sorry to hear I'm so distressed - Keep up the good work.

....YES, it is sarcasm.

Do I need to start a new thread on this..

Hi macmurph

thanks
    Colm
    Thanks Colm, I'm sorry to hear about it too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

This is actually impressive! Obviously not in any good way, but impressive none the less. How can this still be dragging on??

• Advertisement

Yep, part of me agrees - very impressive , after the long period of silence I thought they actually sorted it out but NO.

Obviously I have a very low opinion of them but even still they can deal a surprise like this. 

They're just taking the Pxxs out of me now.

a well...

Advertisement