Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

is eircom <snip>

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭macmurph

No Alan
    I don't want email confirmation or any promises on boards.
    You just cant seem to help yourselves posting bill after bill to my home, so can you, by post, send me a headed letter stating your position on this.
    This simple request could hardly cause more "technical issues", or could it? 
    Maybe if you get the department who sends me the bills to also send me this letter stating that I owe no money, who knows, it might have the additional effect of helping them to put the little jigsaw together. 

• Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

Sounds like Eircom support would be able to take some valuable feedback from this thread, and hopefully use it to improve upon bad internal processes.
    I think that that is the real value in a forum like this. It's useful as a way to escalate support when existing channels are not working for whatever reason.

Check the views, 3600 so far... of course Eircom will likely have a meeting just based off this thread.
    It's like reverse advertising. Instead of maybe gaining a customer, you lose a bunch.
    They could say, hey we pay boards €25k pa or whatever for the forum, and all they do is air our dirty laundry and lose us customers.
    Hopefully they will take things like this to heart and sort out the internal communications issues they are obviously having.

Fuzzy wrote: »
    Sounds like Eircom support would be able to take some valuable feedback from this thread, and hopefully use it to improve upon bad internal processes.
    I think that that is the real value in a forum like this. It's useful as a way to escalate support when existing channels are not working for whatever reason.

Check the views, 3600 so far... of course Eircom will likely have a meeting just based off this thread.
    It's like reverse advertising. Instead of maybe gaining a customer, you lose a bunch.
    They could say, hey we pay boards €25k pa or whatever for the forum, and all they do is air our dirty laundry and lose us customers.
    Hopefully they will take things like this to heart and sort out the internal communications issues they are obviously having.
    Thanks Fuzzy
    Or they might just keep complaining about my "nonsense" and try to get me banned and thread deleted.

macmurph wrote: »
    No Alan
    You just cant seem to help yourselves posting bill after bill to my home, so can you, by post, send me a headed letter stating your position on this.
    Maybe if you get the department who sends me the bills to also send me this letter stating that I owe no money, who knows, it might have the additional effect of helping them to put the little jigsaw together. 
    Is this possible Alan?

No Alan
    Is this possible Alan?
    C'mon Alan
    It's not a hard question, can I get this letter?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Larsheen

I know it's a bit late for the OP, but if I had to go without phone and broadband for ever more,I'd do so rather than deal with Eircom.My story is too long winded to go into here but you can take it that all these Eircom guys on here are the same bunch as on their so called forum where nothing gets done other than multiple posts from them saying there is this issue and that issue and they are trying to sort it out and usually to no avail.So either they are useless or their colleagues are useless.Take your pick.Having been with Eircom and P&T before hand,I was one of those people stuck out of loyalty(misplaced because it certainly wasn't reciprocated) and too afraid to change.Although out of contract ,I was settling for 6.9MB when I should have been getting 8MB but it was when it dropped to just under or over 1MB,depending on the mood of their service, and all I got was bullish**  and abuse from the gang here and in technical support,I was driven to leave.Reluctantly.What I can say now is that I have the best ever service from UPC who have been an absolute pleasure to deal with.In the last eight months there was one occasion where there was a hic cup with their service and when I drew their attention to it,my bill was duly halved for that period.Eircom are dying on their feet and will soon be gone and even the technicians will tell you that off record

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

You have my sympathy op. I had a similar issue to yours, with the added complication that they had signed me up to a contract having spoken to someone else entirely! It took months to sort out. Literally hundreds of calls and wasted hours dealing with snotty incompetent "customer service" agents and many frustrated tears on this end.

When I finally did get it sorted, three months later I got a bill for not giving them enough notice of cancellation, despite the fact it had taken me six months to cancel and I had sent a carefully worded cancellation letter which was finally accepted a month before cancellation occurred.

I swear if eircom somehow became Ireland's only electricity providers id be stocking up on candles. I have never experienced or heard of such disdain for their customers from any other company. They are an absolute disgrace.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,922 ✭✭✭GM228

Fuzzy wrote: »

I wonder if Eircom management actually be shown or take it upon themselves to read anything here?

Perhaps someone in Eircom can advise what they actually do (if anything) with the messages posted here?

GM228

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

No Alan
    I don't want email confirmation or any promises on boards.
    Is this possible Alan?
    No Alan
    I don't want email confirmation or any promises on boards.
    Is this possible Alan?
    C'mon Alan
    It's not a hard question, can I get this letter?
    Asking the same question multiple times after I asked you to stop nonsense posting? Take a couple of days off.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

m'lady wrote: »
    <snip>

We were stupid enough to go for the efibre and tv package a few months ago, I won't get started on the tv as I'll only get into a bad mood, but even the broadband is not great.

One of the (many) things they didn't tell us at the time before installing it was that once you went for the fibre line you can't go back to the normal one, so now we can't change to say 'Sky' for example until they change to fibre. I can't believe Eircom are getting away with their lies and lack of customer service, they are a complete joke.

I swear I think if all of Eircoms disgruntled customers got together and collectively brought them to court it would go into the thousands!

Why was some of my post deleted Niamh?

• Advertisement
  • Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

No discussion of Mod actions on thread. PM sent.

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭poeticmakaveli

i think its terrible that you have been stressed and you have to go to such an effort just to get them to leave you alone, you shouldn't have to make an effort for this!! you should demand a letter of apology and i hope you get one!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭rex-x

Seriously Niamh your position on boards needs to be looked at, shocking the way you are handling this situation!

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

With respect, you don't know the full story, rex.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Miose

I rarely post here. I'm a lurker by nature. Having had a similar experience to the OP where faced with appalling customer service from Eircom, I can totally understand their frustration. It is evident from this thread that even the Eircom reps on this thread provide the same poor level of customer service as one has come to expect through their customer service lines. I hope this thread stands as a testament to how poorly Eircom treats its customers.

Funny anecdote, amoungst the many many frustrating experiences I had with Eircom - they were to send out a new modem (within the cooling off period). I was guaranteed next day delivery. It didn't come. The next day I received 3 filters in the post. This was the 'modem'. How their own staff can't tell the difference between the two is indicative of how incompetent they are.

Mr E wrote: »
    With respect, you don't know the full story, rex.
    This is not the first time such a situation has occurred on this forum, i have been following it for many months and felt I had bit my tongue about the handling one time too many. although I understand is probably out of line

• Closed Accounts Posts: 481 ✭✭Deenie123

In fairness to Murph, he asked a very simple question and got no response so bumped the thread hoping to get a very simple answer to a very simple question. All he asked was for them to put in writing that he owes them no money. During the reps "online hours" they didn't respond so he asked again. They still didn't respond - despite a simple request being made during their online hours - and so he asked again. Maybe the question should be asked as to why he had to ask so many times rather than banning him for having to ask.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

rex-x wrote: »
    Seriously Niamh your position on boards needs to be looked at, shocking the way you are handling this situation!
    their afraid of losing income :L

• Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭percy212

If you want a resolution to these issues, you should write a LETTER to the complaints office. People read letters. Emails don't have the same effect for some reason. It always works.

2Mad2BeMad wrote: »
    rex-x wrote: »
    their afraid of losing income :L
    This I feel is the bone of the issue. Rather than holding each company in the talk to section to a certain standard they bend over backwards for them and when things start really going pear shaped, in steps boards.......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Absolutely unbelievable. 

• Registered Users Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭Rackstar

Why was this thread title edited?

I've been the victim of the eircom pretending to close your account scam. They'll close it alright but continue to charge you.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

Rackstar wrote: »
    Why was this thread title edited?

I've been the victim of the eircom pretending to close your account scam. They'll close it alright but continue to charge you.
    It's funny though, because the snip in the title has caused the thread views to increase by 1200 in the last couple of hours.
    It will get locked and then deleted soon enough.

i'd say ye are wasting your time sorting out issues on the talk to forums. I had the same problems with talk to three a couple of years back. They just say pm us the details and we will sort it or look into it. If you have an issue ring comreg or write a letter. That gets things done. These forums are only useful for questions about products or services.

i'd say ye are wasting your time sorting out issues on the talk to forums. I had the same problems with talk to three a couple of years back. They just say pm us the details and we will sort it or look into it. If you have an issue ring comreg or write a letter. That gets things done. These forums are only useful for questions about products or services.

As stated in my previous posting in this thread ComReg are indeed the best way to go if getting nowhere!

They got my issue sorted pronto!

GM228

• Registered Users Posts: 658 ✭✭✭Johnny Jukebox

Or try the small claims court. Its a very efficient (all online) and cheap way to force a company to address your issues and either rectify it or come down to the court to challenge your version of events. Either way, it moves things on.

And why are people surprised that eircom is so dysfunctional - look at its history. It was always an organisation dedicated primarily to the well being of its employees with customer and public service a dim and distant second. A disastrous over valued floatation followed by 3 rounds of pillaging by successive vulture capitalists. And each time, the greedy ESOT making its union entrenched members richer and richer.

If it wasn't for its legacy monopoly position, it would be gone long ago.

Kudos to the reps who come on here and engage, its certainly not their fault.

• Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭bmm

Eircom must have more staff than customers at this stage :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

No Alan
    Hi macmurph
    I can see that Al has chased this as promised, final cancellation has been done and as Al had advised earlier "[font=Times New Roman","serif]I want to clarify that although you are receiving bills you do not have to pay these as you had requested cancellation within your cooling off period. The account will be cancelled and you will not be requested to pay any amount".

You will receive correspondence from us confirming this, but if you do still require a letter stating this we can arrange this. Let me know.

Tony 
    [/font]

Hi macmurph
    I can see that Al has chased this as promised, final cancellation has been done and as Al had advised earlier "[font=Times New Roman","serif]I want to clarify that although you are receiving bills you do not have to pay these as you had requested cancellation within your cooling off period. The account will be cancelled and you will not be requested to pay any amount".

You will receive correspondence from us confirming this, but if you do still require a letter stating this we can arrange this. Let me know.

Tony 
    [/font]

Surely it would be common curtosy to send him a letter without asking him first!

GM228

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Larsheen

"You will receive correspondence from us confirming this, but if you do still require a letter stating this we can arrange this. Let me know."

Tony 

???? Did he not just ask you for a letter? 

Advertisement