Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

is eircom <snip>

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭macmurph

Hi Alan
    I just seen you replying to a post from yesterday evening, but not me

What did I do on you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

macmurph wrote: »
    Hi Alan
    I just seen you replying to a post from yesterday evening, but not me

What did I do on you?
    Hi macmurph

There are a lot of posts unreplied to yet - apologies for the delays.

I'll look in to your case today and get back to you as soon as possible.

Al

Not good enough, Heard it all before, am I supposed to believe you this time round - what's changed. Again you were telling to make sure my bank does not give you any money - Please see old post below..

Hi Colm
    Am I correct in thinking you/Eircom are telling me to ensure that I cancel all direct debits to stop Eircom from trying to take my money. Here'a an idea - STOP TRYING TO TAKE MY FECKING MONEY!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭Mousewar

Awesome. Eircom added to my avoid list.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 481 ✭✭Deenie123

Lodge a complaint with comreg now. Stop waiting on eircom to sort it out. Take them to court for breach of contract.

The only way (in my experience) of getting telecoms operators to cooperate is when a summons to a special sitting of the high court arrives. They're fairly fcuking quick to resolve problems then!

• Advertisement

Mousewar wrote: »
    Awesome. Eircom added to my avoid list.
    Wise move. I'm leaving a message in my Will warning my progeny...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

<snip>

We were stupid enough to go for the efibre and tv package a few months ago, I won't get started on the tv as I'll only get into a bad mood, but even the broadband is not great.

One of the (many) things they didn't tell us at the time before installing it was that once you went for the fibre line you can't go back to the normal one, so now we can't change to say 'Sky' for example until they change to fibre. I can't believe Eircom are getting away with their lies and lack of customer service, they are a complete joke.

I swear I think if all of Eircoms disgruntled customers got together and collectively brought them to court it would go into the thousands!

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭truedoom

Never had anything but a poor experience from Eircom, disaster of a company.

Have done Deenie123,
    Waiting on a reply.
    Thanks
    Deenie123 wrote: »
    Lodge a complaint with comreg now. Stop waiting on eircom to sort it out. Take them to court for breach of contract.

The only way (in my experience) of getting telecoms operators to cooperate is when a summons to a special sitting of the high court arrives.  They're fairly fcuking quick to resolve problems then!

Me too...
    m'lady wrote: »
    <snip>

We were stupid enough to go for the efibre and tv package a few months ago, I won't get started on the tv as I'll only get into a bad mood, but even the broadband is not great.

One of the (many) things they didn't tell us at the time before installing it was that once you went for the fibre line you can't go back to the normal one, so now we can't change to say 'Sky' for example until they change to fibre. I can't believe Eircom are getting away with their lies and lack of customer service, they are a complete joke.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭phater phagan

Me too. I cancelled when the company screwed up the times of installation- I had the good sense to contact my bank who blocked any withdrawals from my account. I get a bill of minus 15 euros every month and have contacted their billing department a number of times, but still the bills keep coming. Actually it really isn't a bill, I suppose because it means that they owe me 15 Euros ( for what I don't know). So now I just put it into the return envelope and sent it without a stamp- which the company has to pay for. 

I was with UPC when I switched to efibre, phone and tv.
    I had no problem switching back to UPC because these gob****s sent me a letter to forward to SKY to cancel my services. (Thankfully)
    It's there in black and white that my current provider was UPC.
    <snip>

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

I had no problem switching back to UPC because these gob****s sent me a letter to forward to SKY to cancel my services. (Thankfully)

And do UPC do fibre broadband? I've been onto sky who would be happy to help but they've told me they now can't put their broadband in due to the change of line (to fibre) if that makes any sense?

And do UPC do fibre broadband?  I've been onto sky who would be happy to help but they've told me they now can't put their broadband in due to the change of line (to fibre) if that makes any sense?
    Yes, fibre as far as I know. I suppose it depends whether it's available in your area on not. Just have a look on their website - should give all availability info there. In fairness I was a bit silly for jumping ship, have had upc for 10 years without any major glitch's. Great speed. Customer service is average but they do actually seem to sort out any problems unlike our friends in Eircom.

Good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭poeticmakaveli

yeah eircom are disasters! I moved to Vodafone fibre optic around 6 weeks ago for 35 euro a month unlimited! they charged me 9.80 from my direct debit before I even got turned on,rang up and complained and they said it was a mistake and my first bill would be 9.80 short of the 35 euro! fast forward to the first bill and it comes in at 50 + euro, i rang up and gave out and they said that that wouldnt come out,only the €25.20 would and of coarse they took out my 50+ euro, so here i was not a month in and they took out almost 2 months pay, this time i went crazy and i rang up and asked to be recorded as i was recording the phone call also, i broke everything down to them for 20 mins on the phone and told them the story (not to mention i have an account for direct debits and because Vodafone took out extra money,left me short on an insurance payment and i was charged 12euro from the bank for that) but after all of this they confirmed i have free broadband until Feb 30th 2015 and that's when next payment will be! But seeing your thread i had to come in here, i think all these companies are chancers, i think they take extra money out if they can,and hopefully you won't notice to make a complaint,and when u do, its all "apologies" and false promises! i don't know too much about who a man can go to if he's been done wrong to by these companies but they should be punished and held responsible in some sort of way! its going to be interesting if i get a bill before Feb 30th of next year!

yeah eircom are disasters! I moved to Vodafone fibre optic around 6 weeks ago for 35 euro a month unlimited! they charged me 9.80 from my direct debit before I even got turned on,rang up and complained and they said it was a mistake and my first bill would be 9.80 short of the 35 euro! fast forward to the first bill and it comes in at 50 + euro, i rang up and gave out and they said that that wouldnt come out,only the €25.20 would and of coarse they took out my 50+ euro, so here i was not a month in and they took out almost 2 months pay, this time i went crazy and i rang up and asked to be recorded as i was recording the phone call also, i broke everything down to them for 20 mins on the phone and told them the story (not to mention i have an account for direct debits and because Vodafone took out extra money,left me short on an  insurance payment and i was charged 12euro from the bank for that) but after all of this they confirmed i have free broadband until Feb 30th 2015 and that's when next payment will be! But seeing your thread i had to come in here, i think all these companies are chancers, i think they take extra money out if they can,and hopefully you won't notice to make a complaint,and when u do, its all "apologies" and false promises! i don't know too much about who a man can go to if he's been done wrong to by these companies but they should be punished and held responsible in some sort of way!  its going to be interesting if i get a bill before Feb 30th of next year!
    COMREG is the only official route 

Alan
    What is Eircom's policy if pop my clogs?
    Will you pursue my children for the money your bills say I owe? (for the service I never received)

Alan
    What is Eircom's policy if pop my clogs?
    Will you pursue my children for the money your bills say I owe? (for the service I never received)

Hi macmurph

It has already been confirmed to you that you will not be held responsible to pay any outstanding amount owed. This account is no longer set up with direct debit either. There are technical issues is closing this account down and I'm waiting to hear how these issues can be resolved and as soon as they are I will let you know right away.

Again, I want to clarify that although you are receiving bills you do not have to pay these as you had requested cancellation within your cooling off period. The account will be cancelled and you will not be requested to pay any amount.

Al

You've clarified a lot and for a long time now but I still receive letters in the post with your company heading telling me I owe them money, and every bill just gets higher and higher. 

Why? -technical issues.

My wife keeps ringing me to tell me we got another bill.

My head-doctor tell's me I shouldn't have to deal with issues like this or my condition would drastically worsen.

What do I say to them? How about you tell your billing department to stop billing me. and before you do why not have a look how this bxxlshix is going on.

With respect I dont believe anything anyone from eircom tell's me, you may mean it but the promises never materialize.

I want this sorted, stop with the crap.

Alan, Who in billing have you spoken to? Give me the name of the person looking after this please?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭Mousewar

Yeah, in fairness, the only thing he has in writing are bills listing a massive amount of money owed and threats if he doesn't pay it. A post on an online forum is hardly much in comparison. It shouldn't take months to cop on and stop harassing someone through the mail.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭Avada

They also shouldn't be providing cancellation letters to new customers, when they know the old company doesn't accept them....

But that's a story for another day

Mousewar wrote: »
    Yeah, in fairness, the only thing he has in writing are bills listing a massive amount of money owed and threats if he doesn't pay it. A post on an online forum is hardly much in comparison. It shouldn't take months to cop on and stop harassing someone through the mail.
    I Thank You..

Alan you must admit Mousewar makes a very good point?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,922 ✭✭✭GM228

I had similar issues with Eircom a few years back which draged on for weeks/months geting nowhere!

I contacted ComReg (who were actually very annoyed with Eircom over my issue as they quoted ComReg had made a particular rule which wasn't true). The lady at ComReg told me she would contact Eircom immediately!

She did and amazingly Eircom rang me an hour later saying all was cancled and never heard from them again thank god!

GM228

Alan you must admit Mousewar makes a very good point?
    He does indeed macmurph - although you are addressing your issue here and I am relaying eircoms position I can can also arrange an email from eircom customer service to confirm that you will not be held responsible for these charges if you would like to PM me your email address.

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 8,922 ✭✭✭GM228

He does indeed, although you are addressing your issue here and I am relaying eircoms position I can can also arrange an email from eircom customer service to confirm that you will not be held responsible for these charges if you would like to PM me your email address.

Al

If Eircom did things right the issues wouln't be on Boards in the first place!

GM228

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

I have deleted a large number of nonsense posts. Macmurph, if I have to delete any more nonsense post in here from you, you will be taking some time off from the eircom forum.

/Thread re-opened.

• Advertisement

I have deleted a large number of nonsense posts. Macmurph, if I have to delete any more nonsense post in here from you, you will be taking some time off from the eircom forum.

/Thread re-opened.
    Okay.
    You may feel they are nonsense but I might not agree. All posts have to be taken in the context of the thread. 
    I started this thread on boards.ie due to the frustration caused to me by eircom. What is the point?

Sometimes what you interpret as nonsense is just a byproduct of peoples relentless frustration.

Advertisement