Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

is eircom <snip>

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭macmurph

Still no reply?

I sent you 2 PM's while I was banned. Still no reply.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

macmurph wrote: »
    Still no reply?

I sent you 2 PM's while I was banned. Still no reply.
    Hi macmurph

I have received assurances that you will be notified by letter on the above.

You will not be held responsible for any payment on the account whatsoever.

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 8,922 ✭✭✭GM228

Hi macmurph

I have received assurances that you will be notified by letter on the above.

You will not be held responsible for any payment on the account whatsoever.

Al

With all due respect saying "I have received assurances that you will be notified by letter on the above" is a big difference to saying yes you will receive a letter and I'd be interested in the OP letting us know if/when he does receive the letter!

GM228

[font=Arial, sans-serif]Alan, your assurances that I wont be billed for any money are meaningless until you stop sending me bills.[/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]I got this email this morning - Is this a joke????[/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]I didn't speak to anybody and I've been trying to cancel for nearly 4 months.[/font]

[font=Arial, sans-serif]We spoke to you today in relation to cancelling your bundle service with us. As advised, you are required to give 30 days notice in order for this to happen. Below is a list of instructions which will allow us to progress your cancellation.[/font]

[font=Arial, sans-serif]Please send an email, including your eircom account number (detailed above) and phone number(s) that you wish to cancel to phonecancellations @ eircom. ie or please write to eircom Account Administration Unit, Unit 6B Westgate Business Park, Ballymount, Dublin 15.[/font]

[font=Arial, sans-serif]The cancellation of your eircom service will be carried out after 30 days upon receipt of your email. If you have already sent an email to cancel but have changed your mind, please contact us on 1800 503 303.[/font]

[font=Arial, sans-serif]Thank you,[/font]

[font=Arial, sans-serif]eircom [/font]

[font=Arial, sans-serif]Alan, your assurances that I wont be billed for any money are meaningless until you stop sending me bills.[/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]I got this email this morning - Is this a joke????[/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]I didn't speak to anybody and I've been trying to cancel for nearly 4 months.[/font]

[font=Arial, sans-serif]We spoke to you today in relation to cancelling your bundle service with us. As advised, you are required to give 30 days notice in order for this to happen. Below is a list of instructions which will allow us to progress your cancellation.[/font]

[font=Arial, sans-serif]Please send an email, including your eircom account number (detailed above) and phone number(s) that you wish to cancel to phonecancellations @ eircom. ie or please write to eircom Account Administration Unit, Unit 6B Westgate Business Park, Ballymount, Dublin 15.[/font]

[font=Arial, sans-serif]The cancellation of your eircom service will be carried out after 30 days upon receipt of your email. If you have already sent an email to cancel but have changed your mind, please contact us on 1800 503 303.[/font]

Hi macmurph

Please ignore that email and thoise instructions - I've been assured by management in cancellations that the account will be closed within 24 hours and once this has been completed you will receive a letter advising that the account is cancelled and no payments will be required.

Al

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

I got the same when I was trying to cancel mine! And then a few months later a bill for not giving enough notice. When I rang and told the "customer service agent" that I would not be paying as I had proof of trying to cancel a contract I had not signed up for for months, the "customer service agent" kindly informed me that they would "let me away with it" - the cheek.

Anybody reading this who is considering going with Eircom. This sort of treatment seems to be pretty standard. I honestly don't know many people who are happy with the standard of service they get from Eircom.

I used to work for a bank and they took on an ex-eircom employee. She didn't last a month because of a poor attitude to the customers, both on the phone and off it. Her defense when pulled up on it was that she was going by her eircom training. Explains a lot.

Whispered wrote: »
    I got the same when I was trying to cancel mine! And then a few months later a bill for not giving enough notice. When I rang and told the "customer service agent" that I would not be paying as I had proof of trying to cancel a contract I had not signed up for for months, the "customer service agent" kindly informed me that they would "let me away with it" - the cheek.

Anybody reading this who is considering going with Eircom. This sort of treatment seems to be pretty standard. I honestly don't know many people who are happy with the standard of service they get from Eircom.

I used to work for a bank and they took on an ex-eircom employee. She didn't last a month because of a poor attitude to the customers, both on the phone and off it. Her defense when pulled up on it was that she was going by her eircom training. Explains a lot.

I agree. 
    The thought has crossed my mind - Are there any Eircom customers who've had problems and were happy the way they were sorted!
    Not many of them around here..
    (rhetorical question MODS, not starting a new thread)

Hi macmurph

Please ignore that email and thoise instructions - I've been assured by management in cancellations that the account will be closed within 24 hours and once this has been completed you will receive a letter advising that the account is cancelled and no payments will be required.

Al
    I still have not received the letter as promised but I did receive my new bill this morning. 
    So even with all your assurances, evidently still nothing has been done.
    Just a bad joke at this stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

Hi macmurph

Al
    I still have not received the letter as promised but I did receive my new bill this morning. 
    Hi macmurph, we have been assured that this a/c has been closed. It may be that bill was produced before action taken to fully close a/c. We are chasing this again for you. Our apologies that you have not yet received the letter advising close of account, we will chase this also.
    I will be back with info as soon as I have this.
    Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Larsheen

Yea couldn't make it up !!!!

• Advertisement

Hi macmurph

Al
    Hi macmurph, we have been assured that this a/c has been closed. It may be that bill was produced before action taken to fully close a/c. We are chasing this again for you. Our apologies that you have not yet received the letter advising close of account, we will chase this also.
    I will be back with info as soon as I have this.
    Tony
    Tony I have continuously been assured that this account was closed since July/August 2014. The new bill is dated January 13th 2015.
    when I say the new bill, I mean the bill that I received only this morning that is threatening to withdraw my service because I still haven't paid.
    What service?  

• Registered Users Posts: 34 thedooner

Oh my!! I phoned eircom 3 weeks ago to see about going back to them. I talked to a lovely lady for about 10 minutes and she asked me for my customer acc number that I have with vodafone. Told her I didn't have it to hand so she said she would call back in Half an hour......

Lucky I didn't wait by the phone :-)

thedooner wrote: »
    Oh my!! I phoned eircom 3 weeks ago to see about going back to them. I talked to a lovely lady for about 10 minutes and she asked me for my customer acc number that I have with vodafone. Told her I didn't have it to hand so she said she would call back in Half an hour......

A few months ago I would have called them inept but after 6 months of this nonsense I think it's policy to lie to customers.
    Baffled how they are still on the go, must be a monopoly on phone lines or something...
    They also seem to be good-buds with the moderators - so I better (try) keep my powder dry this time round.. NOT EASY  

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

run

run far away...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

thedooner wrote: »

Hi thedooner
    I understand that this is a lot later than the half hour advised but I would be happy to arrange a call back or any help needed on this issue for you. Our apologies that you did not receive this call.
    Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭crusier

Sweet Jesus, I've recently moved to Eircom after being away from them for 5 years, I have my mobile also with emobile and now I see there are increasing prices as well and with customer service like this! what have I done!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭rex-x

The price increase is a chance to cancel your contract penalty free if it applies to your bundle. I suggest you run and never look back

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭crusier

rex-x wrote: »
    The price increase is a chance to cancel your contract penalty free if it applies to your bundle. I suggest you run and never look back

I'll try but it might take a while by the sounds of it, thanks

Any update lads?

Any update lads?
    Hi macmurph

The account is fully closed and no further balance remains. I had requested a letter confirming this, have you not received the letter yet?

Thanks
    Al

• Advertisement

Any update lads?
    Hi macmurph

The account is fully closed and no further balance remains. I had requested a letter confirming this, have you not received the letter yet?

Thanks
    Al
    Hi Al
    I haven't received any such letter - Only received new bill.

Any update lads?
    Hi macmurph

Thanks
    Al
    Hi Al
    I haven't received any such letter - Only received new bill.
    I will follow up on this macmurph

The bill is definitely cleared with no further balance outstanding and the account is terminated. I am aware you require written confirmation of this and I will follow up on this until you do.

AL

Can I have an update on this please

Advertisement