Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Place to stay for weekend?

Options
  • 03-10-2014 9:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭

hey lads, really struggling to find a place thats reasonably priced to stay for the weekend of (november the 7th-9th), theres 4 of us going so we would need two separate rooms, ive tried looking on the hotel sites/hostel sites but im just getting frustrated tbh, flying in to gatwick and id like to be someplace between bromley and the city if possible but i wouldnt mind just being central with good public transport, any ideas? could really use some help with this :o

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭exiledelbows

What's your budget?

Airbnb have some good properties in that area. Maybe Hotwire too. Try around the docklands, there tends to be good value at weekends as it's a bit of a ghost town

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

As little as possible to be honest, monies on the tight side at the moment, thanks for the suggestions as i really dont have a clue, il have a look

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 6,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭silvervixen84

Just having a quick look on a generic booking website and some of the cheap and cheerful places coming up are:

Euro Lodge, Clapham
    Hotel 65, Hammersmith/Fulham
    The Londonears Hostel, Chelsea

There are plenty more there, but obviously it depends on where you want to be and your budget.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,166 ✭✭✭enda1

As little as possible to be honest, monies on the tight side at the moment, thanks for the suggestions as i really dont have a clue, il have a look

How much is that though?
    Herne Hill could work as the location you desire while being on the train from Gatwick and to London too. Should find "reasonably" priced accommodation around there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭Terrontress

enda1 wrote: »
    How much is that though?
    Herne Hill could work as the location you desire while being on the train from Gatwick and to London too. Should find "reasonably" priced accommodation around there.

Are there any hotels near Herne Hill or anything similar? It's an issue I have, no hotels in Brixton, HH, Tulse Hill, Streatham, Dulwich etc.

I suppose it's just Airbnb then.

• Advertisement

I always find if you skimp on accommodation you end up wasting your time anyway sitting on the poxy tube all the time.
    And the tube is a rip off and you can't travel during peak hours as it's restricted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Barely There

I've stayed in Hyde Park Apartments on 3 or 4 occasions when I've overnighted in London.
    http://www.hyde-park-executive-apartments.com/

They're central (near two tube lines), clean, have wi-fi and reasonably priced I've found.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 howisshecuttin

There's a lot of tourist class hotels in and around Pimlico [under brands like Best Western etc, though essentially they are converted period Houses]....I don't think they generally show up on hotel search engines, so it might be worth googling this area specifically and also Lancaster Gate area for similar standard places.
    Both are really well located areas, with good bus and tube connections and certainly within walking distance of some key attractions.

Advertisement