Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can you power off an Eircom Phonewatch system?

Options
  • 03-10-2014 11:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭

Hi, We live in a Rented House with an Eircom Phonewatch Alarm not under contract.

Last year the alarm kept going off over a low battery panel. We got a guy out (he was the original installer) who replaced the battery - now its going off again every hour due to a low battery in one of the sensors.

I have the code, can I just power off the system until the Landlord gets the engineer out. I cant cope with the panel going off all weekend.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,682 ✭✭✭✭altor

quinlivan wrote: »
    Hi, We live in a Rented House with an Eircom Phonewatch Alarm not under contract.

Last year the alarm kept going off over a low battery panel. We got a guy out (he was the original installer) who replaced the battery - now its going off again every hour due to a low battery in one of the sensors.

I have the code, can I just power off the system until the Landlord gets the engineer out. I cant cope with the panel going off all weekend.

What system is it you have installed?

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭quinlivan

Its Version 3
    Model: 60-911-010-4-IE

Would it be easier to just turn off Sensor 2 (the one complaining about low battery).

Anything that will stop the thing complaining would be great! Thanks so much altor

Its Version 3
    Model: 60-911-010-4-IE

Would it be easier to just turn off Sensor 2 (the one complaining about low battery).

Anything that will stop the thing complaining would be great! Thanks so much altor

Do you know what type sensor it is that has the low battery?

If you press the status button it will list off the faults.

altor wrote: »
    If you press the status button it will list off the faults.

Sensor 2 - Patio Door - Low Battery

(Hope that helps) Thanks again

• Advertisement

Sensor 2 - Patio Door - Low Battery

(Hope that helps) Thanks again

I would just change the battery.
    This will stop it complaining about the fault.
    If you drop the lid on the control panel, enter your user code.
    This will allow you open the sensor without activating the alarm.
    Open the sensor, take out battery and replace. Close up sensor and thats it.
    If you don't feel comfortable doing this then just press, delete, option, 01, done.
    This will turn off the trouble beeps your receiving. To turn back on just press add, option, 01, done.
    Close up the lid when finished.

OMG altor... Thank you so much. It appears the beeps are gone. I'll let you know in an hour or two if it goes off again *fingers crossed*

You've made my weekend :)

OMG altor... Thank you so much. It appears the beeps are gone. I'll let you know in an hour or two if it goes off again *fingers crossed*

You've made my weekend :)

:D

It should only be used as a temporary solution.
    I would get the battery replaced and turn back on the trouble beeps.
    They are there to alert you of any problems with the alarm.

Have a nice weekend :)

Advertisement