Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

High security site on East Wall Road - What's it for?

Options
  • 03-10-2014 11:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭

Over the past couple of months, there's are lot of high security around a site on East Wall Road near the port:
    Very high metal walls, razor wire, lights and lots of cameras. It looks like a prison, but I don't think there was any buildings in there in the first place?
    When the big gate was open, I did notice a lot of plant and machinery... perhaps this is just a very secure storage yard for such?

Anyone else get a peak in or know what it's storing?

site on googlemap around here:
    https://www.google.com/maps/views/explore?hl=en-IE&gl=ie&vm=1&ll=53.353979,-6.226154&bd=53.352064,-6.22992,53.355894,-6.222388&z=17

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

whiskeyman wrote: »
    Over the past couple of months, there's are lot of high security around a site on East Wall Road near the port:
    Very high metal walls, razor wire, lights and lots of cameras. It looks like a prison, but I don't think there was any buildings in there in the first place?
    When the big gate was open, I did notice a lot of plant and machinery... perhaps this is just a very secure storage yard for such?

Anyone else get a peak in or know what it's storing?

site on googlemap around here:
    https://www.google.com/maps/views/explore?hl=en-IE&gl=ie&vm=1&ll=53.353979,-6.226154&bd=53.352064,-6.22992,53.355894,-6.222388&z=17

Imported vehicles. They were within the port grounds but a bridge was built a while back for this overflow lot.

Advertisement