Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

broadband drops alot

Options
  • 03-10-2014 11:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭

Hi guys,

I've got broadband about 4-5 weeks now. I've notice the modem drops connections at nighttime quite regularly. During the day I don't see such behavior but it could be occurring but I'm not home. In the evening time it seems to happen quite regularly, sometimes every 30 minutes, usually after 9pm. I logged into the modem and see DSL is disconnected during these times so it's not WifI related issue but DSL. The log shows it dropping, it usually comes back within 2 minutes and is fine for half an hour and drops off again for 2 minutes. Any settings I should look at modifying from the defaults to improve things ?

Thanks,

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭eircom: Colm

cagefactor wrote: »
    Hi guys,

I've got broadband about 4-5 weeks now. I've notice the modem drops connections at nighttime quite regularly. During the day I don't see such behavior but it could be occurring but I'm not home. In the evening time it seems to happen quite regularly, sometimes every 30 minutes, usually after 9pm. I logged into the modem and see DSL is disconnected during these times so it's not WifI related issue but DSL. The log shows it dropping, it usually comes back within 2 minutes and is fine for half an hour and drops off again for 2 minutes. Any settings I should look at modifying from the defaults to improve things ?

Thanks,
    Hi cagefactor,

I am sorry to hear this is happening. There are a couple of different factors which may be causing this. One of them may be the speed the Broadband is set at in comparison to the max available on the line in which case a slight adjustment to speed may be required.

I would recommend calling Technical Support for help with this on 1890 260 260 (8am to 10pm each day) or alternatively via Webchat (Chat now icon will display on right hand side of Webpage when an agent is available.

thanks
    Colm

Advertisement